Survey: Asian-Americans overwhelmingl...

Survey: Asian-Americans overwhelmingly support gay marriage

There are 5 comments on the gay_blog.blogspot.com story from Oct 15, 2008, titled Survey: Asian-Americans overwhelmingly support gay marriage. In it, gay_blog.blogspot.com reports that:

Asian-Americans in California overwhelmingly oppose a ballot measure that would ban gay marriage in the state, according to a ground-breaking survey released today. The poll found that 57 percent of Asian-Americans likely to vote in the Nov. 4 election oppose Proposition 8, which would reverse last spring's California Supreme Court ruling that gave gays and lesbians the right to marry. Only 32 percent planned to vote for the measure, with 11 percent undecided. The California survey, part of a larger national poll released last week, was conducted by researchers at the University of California-Berkeley, UC-Riverside, the University of Southern California and Rutgers University.

More of this story.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at gay_blog.blogspot.com.

“Fundie SMACKER..”

Since: Mar 08

Sunshine city, St Petersburg

#1 Oct 15, 2008
Thats because asian americans come from a culture of "mind my own business" and they have been on the recieving end of bigotry as well.. I am VERY disappointed with the african americans in this country though...
Disgusted American

Cranbury, NJ

#2 Oct 16, 2008
another reason is Asians..are NOT Religious Freaks..they tend to keep to themselves,and thier priorities are in perspective. Asians are a more "Live and Let Live" culture.
Not new news

United States

#3 Oct 16, 2008
www.letcaliforniaring.org

IS this news the Thai and Phillipina
are as gay as one can be

You go California get the jelly
whocares

Claremont, CA

#4 Feb 22, 2009
57% of how many? What is the sampling size? This is fraudalent, manipulating public opinion in news reporting. I am asian, I supported Prop 8.
whocares

Claremont, CA

#5 Feb 22, 2009
besides, what the last real issue that Asian-Americans care about that Daily News reported? For Latinos, you reported it's focus on immigration. For African-Americans, it's how President Obama is doing. Gay sex/marriage for Asians? Insane yellow journalism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

UC Riverside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GOP sees need to woo Asian-American voters GOP ... (Apr '13) Apr '15 swedenforever 258
News Experiment Looks for Slow Earthquakes Under Una... Jan '15 Del 1
News Experiment looks for slow earthquakes under Una... Jan '15 Milton 1
News UC's enrollment guarantee gives students an edu... Dec '14 homeless person 3
News Why are some people with autism hypersensitive ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Its VACCINES 1
News Two students selected to work on Hubble Scope P... (Apr '14) Apr '14 SayWhat 1
News Study: Third-Hand Smoke Exposure As Deadly As S... (Feb '14) Feb '14 dumb it down 4 Dan 1
More from around the web