Survey: Asian-Americans overwhelmingly support gay marriage

Oct 15, 2008 | Posted by: Thomas Jackson | Full story: gay_blog.blogspot.com

Asian-Americans in California overwhelmingly oppose a ballot measure that would ban gay marriage in the state, according to a ground-breaking survey released today. The poll found that 57 percent of Asian-Americans likely to vote in the Nov. 4 election oppose Proposition 8, which would reverse last spring's California Supreme Court ruling that gave gays and lesbians the right to marry. Only 32 percent planned to vote for the measure, with 11 percent undecided. The California survey, part of a larger national poll released last week, was conducted by researchers at the University of California-Berkeley, UC-Riverside, the University of Southern California and Rutgers University.

More of this story.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5

“Fundie SMACKER..”

Since: Mar 08

Sunshine city, St Petersburg

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2008

Judged:

Thats because asian americans come from a culture of "mind my own business" and they have been on the recieving end of bigotry as well.. I am VERY disappointed with the african americans in this country though...
Disgusted American

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2008

another reason is Asians..are NOT Religious Freaks..they tend to keep to themselves,and thier priorities are in perspective. Asians are a more "Live and Let Live" culture.
Not new news

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2008

www.letcaliforniaring.org

IS this news the Thai and Phillipina
are as gay as one can be

You go California get the jelly
whocares

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2009

57% of how many? What is the sampling size? This is fraudalent, manipulating public opinion in news reporting. I am asian, I supported Prop 8.
whocares

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2009

Judged:

besides, what the last real issue that Asian-Americans care about that Daily News reported? For Latinos, you reported it's focus on immigration. For African-Americans, it's how President Obama is doing. Gay sex/marriage for Asians? Insane yellow journalism.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••