Implanting medication reduces opioid use

Implanting medication reduces opioid use

There are 5 comments on the Red Deer Advocate story from Oct 25, 2010, titled Implanting medication reduces opioid use. In it, Red Deer Advocate reports that:

An implantable form of a medication used to treat opioid addiction appears to reduce illicit drug use and avoids the issues of patients failing to take their prescription or selling pills on the street.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Red Deer Advocate.

Sharon

Dundalk, MD

#1 Nov 20, 2010
tELL ME MORE, I'D LOVE TO HAVE AN IMPLANT AND NOT HAVE TO GO TO A CLINIC EVERYDAY. i'M GREATFUL FOR MY TREATMENT BUT AN IMPLANT SOUNDS LIKE A DREAM COME TRUE.
Sharon

Dundalk, MD

#2 Nov 20, 2010
WAIT FORGET IT, READ THE ARTICLE IT'S BUPE OR SUBOXONE WHICH WITH ME BEING ON METHADONE WOULD PUT ME IN INSTANT PAINFUL WITHDRAWAL. bESIDES, SUBOXONE OR ANY OF IT'S DIRVITIVES NEVER HELPED ME, STAYED SICK AS A DOG EVEN ON 'EM.

“the one,the only,BABETTE!!!! !”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#3 Nov 30, 2010
Sharon wrote:
tELL ME MORE, I'D LOVE TO HAVE AN IMPLANT AND NOT HAVE TO GO TO A CLINIC EVERYDAY. i'M GREATFUL FOR MY TREATMENT BUT AN IMPLANT SOUNDS LIKE A DREAM COME TRUE.
yeah but it sounds like you do not even feel better, i think both things have to do with making the medication, work, mentally and physcially. love cat

“Nothing really changes”

Since: Oct 10

yawn

#4 Nov 30, 2010
catspaw1955 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah but it sounds like you do not even feel better, i think both things have to do with making the medication, work, mentally and physcially. love cat
I wish someone would give you a big dose of shut the hell up.

“the one,the only,BABETTE!!!! !”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#5 Dec 1, 2010
Sharon wrote:
WAIT FORGET IT, READ THE ARTICLE IT'S BUPE OR SUBOXONE WHICH WITH ME BEING ON METHADONE WOULD PUT ME IN INSTANT PAINFUL WITHDRAWAL. bESIDES, SUBOXONE OR ANY OF IT'S DIRVITIVES NEVER HELPED ME, STAYED SICK AS A DOG EVEN ON 'EM.
oh i am sorry to hear that dear, i do not think it sounds very good either. love ya cat

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

UC Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Science magazine retracts study on voters' gay-... May 29 Pat Robertson s F... 17
News What makes peaceful neighbours become mass murd... May 12 HumanSpirit 3
News High-protein diets may backfire in the long run May 12 brickboo 1
News George Takei And Company To Hollywood Gatekeepe... Apr '15 Oh No You Di-nt 1
News Early diagnosis and intervention key with autis... Apr '15 WAKEFIELD WAS RIGHT 1
News LGBT people in rural areas struggle to find goo... Mar '15 WeTheSheeple 34
News Space probe Dawn reaches dwarf planet Ceres, be... Mar '15 SpaceBlues 2
More from around the web