In Pursuit of Recognition: An Undocum...

In Pursuit of Recognition: An Undocumented Immigrant's Resilient Fight

There are 4 comments on the New Hampshire Public Radio - story from Dec 25, 2012, titled In Pursuit of Recognition: An Undocumented Immigrant's Resilient Fight. In it, New Hampshire Public Radio - reports that:

Sofia Jones speaks at the 2011 University of California Student Lobby Conference in Sacramento.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New Hampshire Public Radio -.

VA mom2

Reston, VA

#1 Dec 25, 2012
Wow. Sofia's parents planned to illegally immigrate to our great Nation, by obtaining a Visa under false pretenses. The defrauded the California school system out of at least $400,000, the cost to educate her and her siblings K-12. Then she received a subsidized college education, but complains that she had to work, and GASP! Take public transportation, just to pay the balance of her tuition. News flash, Sofia...most CITIZENS don't get scholarships either, and attend in-state schools, and work their way through college.
VA mom2

Reston, VA

#2 Dec 25, 2012
And can we please discuss how it is physically possible for the "11 million" illegals, who have 4 million US born children, also have 65 million "undocumented" kids in grade school. Which would be costing taxpayers AT LEAST 65 billion each year. Do we need any more proof that this administration is purposely low-balling the number of illegals in the country?
no amnesty

Staten Island, NY

#3 Dec 25, 2012
Hey, your mom, dad, brother and sister are persons whose backs are wet, they are leeches, liars, thieves and just plain lowdown criminals. Take your attitude and GTFO. The liberal press has made all of you DREAMers out to be wonderful people, not the cheating, lying scumbags that you are. They don't want me in Peru, and I don't want your family of roaches HERE.
ima

El Paso, TX

#4 Dec 25, 2012
VA mom2 wrote:
Wow. Sofia's parents planned to illegally immigrate to our great Nation, by obtaining a Visa under false pretenses. The defrauded the California school system out of at least $400,000, the cost to educate her and her siblings K-12. Then she received a subsidized college education, but complains that she had to work, and GASP! Take public transportation, just to pay the balance of her tuition. News flash, Sofia...most CITIZENS don't get scholarships either, and attend in-state schools, and work their way through college.
yes, it's all true....most likely they also benefited from medicaid for the three kids for their medical and dental needs! plus free breakfast and lunches at school! I agree each one of those kids expenses YOU and I paid with our taxes. And they're not embarrassed about it one bit from the sounds of it, they are proud they got away with literally stealing and defrauding tax payer funds that was meant for citizens and their kids. How will the three and all others we know are out there doing the same EVER, EVER PAY BACK......ALL THEY HAVE STOLEN and FRAUDULENTLY PRESENTED THEMSELVES in order to receive all they've leeched off our country! THIS IS SICK, SICK. And they just can't understand how we can call them LEECHES? Well, SOFIA.....you and YOUR ILLEGAL ALIEN PARENTS are nothing but ILLEGAL LEECHES living off the fat of my country. I say, you have two years to PAY OFF ALL YOU STOLE and then LEAVE, ALL OF YOU!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

UC Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Science magazine retracts study on voters' gay-... 25 min Wondering 11
News What makes peaceful neighbours become mass murd... May 12 HumanSpirit 3
News High-protein diets may backfire in the long run May 12 brickboo 1
News George Takei And Company To Hollywood Gatekeepe... Apr '15 Oh No You Di-nt 1
News Early diagnosis and intervention key with autis... Apr '15 WAKEFIELD WAS RIGHT 1
News LGBT people in rural areas struggle to find goo... Mar '15 WeTheSheeple 34
News Space probe Dawn reaches dwarf planet Ceres, be... Mar '15 SpaceBlues 2
More from around the web