Study finds education gap for illegal...

Study finds education gap for illegal Mexican migrants' children

There are 19 comments on the www.latimes.com story from Oct 23, 2011, titled Study finds education gap for illegal Mexican migrants' children. In it, www.latimes.com reports that:

The majority of children of illegal immigrants from Mexico in the Southland fail to graduate from high school, completing an average of two fewer years of schooling than their peers with legal immigrant parents, a new study has found.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.latimes.com.

LOL

De Soto, KS

#1 Oct 23, 2011
So what? Some Mexicans in Mexico can't read or write.
Juan

Pearland, TX

#2 Oct 23, 2011
There's americans in america who can't read and write.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#3 Oct 23, 2011
""By not providing pathways to legalization, the United States not only risks creating an underclass, but also fails to develop a potentially valuable human resource," the report said."

Just look at the countries these people come from, it's no wonder. You can take the illegal out of Mexico but you can't take the Mexico out of the illegal.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#4 Oct 23, 2011
Juan wrote:
There are also Mexicans who think they can drive without a license and insurance and can't read Spanish and/or speak English.
Adam Troy

United States

#5 Oct 23, 2011
Don't educate them, and help them to close the gap, and we will regret it forever.

Since: Feb 11

Chicago, IL

#6 Oct 24, 2011
Adam Troy wrote:
Don't educate them, and help them to close the gap, and we will regret it forever.
Don't worry Adam illegals and their anchors is the voters top priority, we want them gone and citizenship revoked to all anchors and I won't stop bothering congress untill they listen. These parasitic childern they have grow up and gangbang harder than our born and raised gangbangers, it's the illegals anchors messing it up for the illegals and they should feel ashamed but they don't, they want america to bend rules for them and theirs while our kids suffer in over crowded classrooms, clinics, hospitals , low skilled jobs, social services just about anything they can get their hands on. Our government will be held accountable for this future tsunami.
Telmark

Chico, CA

#7 Oct 24, 2011
Hispanics have the second highest high school dropout rate in the country. This dropout rate is only exceeded by that of the "native Americans".

This, of course, is no coincidence due to the fact that both share a common ancestral background.

BTW Adam, Mexicans have accomplished little in regard to engineering, medical, and technology advancements, discoveries, and inventions during the last 500 years. Mexicans, and Hispanics in general, have a very long history of chronic underachievement. It's foolish to think that anyone can "educate" these people beyond their "third world" culture of dependence and over-breeding.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#8 Oct 24, 2011
we would not even be reading about this if the feds would do the jobs they get paid for.

we are paying for a job that is not getting done. we need a refund.
Juan

Pearland, TX

#9 Oct 24, 2011
spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
There are also Mexicans who think they can drive without a license and insurance and can't read Spanish and/or speak English.
Some are unable to get to work without driving. Many don't have the money for the high cost of insurance.
Starbucks

Deer Park, NY

#10 Oct 24, 2011
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
Some are unable to get to work without driving. Many don't have the money for the high cost of insurance.
Have you ever heard of PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION? And when they cause an accident who should pay for the damage??? And the reason insurance is so high is because of the ILLEGAL ASSHOLES who cause the accident without insurance dirty bag all you ILLEGALS do is whine...You losers need to learn RESPNSIBILITY and grow up and stop your whining and complaining since you never had it so good...
Juan

Pearland, TX

#11 Oct 25, 2011
Many area do not have public transportation.

I do not worry, my boss picks us up and brings us home.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#12 Oct 26, 2011
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
Then legally they can't drive as insurance (at least liability) is mandatory in all 50 States. In fact in some States they'll impound your car.
Juan

Pearland, TX

#13 Oct 26, 2011
Guess they'll just have to be extra careful.
Dial 1 For ICE

De Soto, KS

#14 Oct 27, 2011
Juan wrote:
Guess they'll just have to be extra careful.
Too late for you Juanita!
Juan

Pearland, TX

#15 Oct 27, 2011
I don't drive........
Jose

Jersey City, NJ

#16 Oct 27, 2011
I blame the white people in the schools for this problem. I illegally migrated to america so that my kids can get a good education and this is how america treats me? This is racist.
Keeping it Real

West Hollywood, CA

#17 Oct 27, 2011
Juan wrote:
Especially on Topix.
Starbucks

Deer Park, NY

#18 Oct 27, 2011
Jose wrote:
I blame the white people in the schools for this problem. I illegally migrated to america so that my kids can get a good education and this is how america treats me? This is racist.
You didn't migrate here..you slithered like a coward..If you don't like how your treated don't let the door lat the boarder hit you in the ass. What america should roll out the red carpet for your spawn..WHY do you think your special? Are you paying for your spawns education or is the american tax payer? If it upset you so much take out your check book and YOU pay for your spawns private schooling. Until you start paying for your spawns education keep you mouth shut you racist.
Juan

Pearland, TX

#19 Oct 28, 2011
Wow ! These rednecks from New Yuck are tough !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

UC Irvine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Army Research Grant to Explore Communication Th... (Sep '08) Jun 20 John Doe 12,482
News Futurist: Diversity Brings Innovation Apr '17 Richard Fish 1
News The Tax March Is Different From Other Trump Pro... Apr '17 ardith 1
News Random citizens can contest your voting right i... (Nov '16) Mar '17 Well Well 21
News Teen 'Burns From Inside Out' After Allergic Rea... (Dec '14) Feb '17 Phartoom 5
News Drill, baby, drill? Election reignites offshore... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Dr Wu 8
News Court says Republican gerrymandering in Wiscons... (Nov '16) Nov '16 GloriusGoodness 4
More from around the web