High-Quality Childcare can Yield Long...

High-Quality Childcare can Yield Long-Term Benefits

There are 1 comment on the TIME.com story from May 17, 2010, titled High-Quality Childcare can Yield Long-Term Benefits. In it, TIME.com reports that:

Little ones whose childcare providers emphasize activities that build language skills, reading ability and cooperation in games may reap the benefits through their teen years, according to new research published today in the journal Child Development .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TIME.com.

emjonsen

Santa Ana, CA

#1 May 19, 2010
"Little ones whose childcare providers emphasize activities that build language skills, reading ability and cooperation in games may reap the benefits through their teen years, according to new research published today in the journal Child Development."

Helping kids develop their ability to express themselves does wonders for their self-esteem. When they're young though, it seems that you have to try to teach these things to them in a way that is entertaining - a little at a time. I have younger children so I know this well.

There's a creative writing course starting up in Irvine in June (2010): http://brwi.org/project-ink-summer-camp/

It's only two hours a day. The kids learn extensive writing skills and in the end, the fantasy stories they write get put all together in a single book. It looks pretty cool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

UC Irvine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Army Research Grant to Explore Communication Th... (Sep '08) Nov 30 John Doe 11,228
News Drill, baby, drill? Election reignites offshore... Nov 23 Dr Wu 8
News Court says Republican gerrymandering in Wiscons... Nov 22 GloriusGoodness 4
News Random citizens can contest your voting right i... Nov '16 FireyFellow44 19
News City Criminalizes College Parties Sep '16 David F Miller Hemet 2
News Study: Global Greening Will Stave Off The Bad P... Aug '16 tina anne 2
News US Courts Strike Down Voter Restrictions in Sta... Aug '16 storm warning 2
More from around the web