Immigration laws pose a test of states' rights in Supreme Court

Dec 28, 2011 Read more: CW2 Colorado KWGN-TV 38

Federal judges have blocked strict new immigration laws adopted by conservative legislatures in half a dozen states, including a ruling last week that said South Carolina may not set up a "street-level dragnet" to stop and arrest illegal immigrants.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
annie

Naperville, IL

#1 Dec 28, 2011
It's about time the Supreme's ruled in favor of the constitution. It is way past the time for illegals to stop their hand wringing and sob stories. The rule of law is still supreme. And, we the people" expect no less.

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#2 Dec 29, 2011
Quote:
When Congress last revised the immigration laws, it said states may "cooperate" with the federal government in "the identification, apprehension, detention or removal of aliens not lawfully present in the United States." The states that have passed restrictive laws say that's exactly what they are doing.

The Obama administration disagrees. In its legal arguments against Arizona's law, the administration says the state's policies conflict with the federal government's emphasis on deporting violent criminals, drug dealers and smugglers who are in the country illegally, not the hundreds of thousands of otherwise law-abiding illegal immigrants who may be living and working here.
End Quote

This is hilarious. The Obama administration decides that their "emphasis" is "a" and therefore states cannot follow the Federal Statutes, which say ALL illegal aliens get to be deported?! How stupid is Obama? He's going against the Federal Statutes and thinks that's okay? He's committing a felony! He's encouraging illegal aliens to come here and/or stay here with his lax policies.

I'm hoping the Supreme Court finds as they should.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#3 Dec 29, 2011
Rebel wrote:
Quote:
When Congress last revised the immigration laws, it said states may "cooperate" with the federal government in "the identification, apprehension, detention or removal of aliens not lawfully present in the United States." The states that have passed restrictive laws say that's exactly what they are doing.
The Obama administration disagrees. In its legal arguments against Arizona's law, the administration says the state's policies conflict with the federal government's emphasis on deporting violent criminals, drug dealers and smugglers who are in the country illegally, not the hundreds of thousands of otherwise law-abiding illegal immigrants who may be living and working here.
End Quote
This is hilarious. The Obama administration decides that their "emphasis" is "a" and therefore states cannot follow the Federal Statutes, which say ALL illegal aliens get to be deported?! How stupid is Obama? He's going against the Federal Statutes and thinks that's okay? He's committing a felony! He's encouraging illegal aliens to come here and/or stay here with his lax policies.
I'm hoping the Supreme Court finds as they should.
I read a article this morning that really upsets me, because its totally brilliant thinking on Obam's part. Biden and Hilary swap jobs in the coming 2012 vote. And without ant solid opposition from the other side, is almost a walk in the park. If that were to happen, ill start packing.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4 Dec 29, 2011
this sure shows the thoughts on the American citizens the president and his followers have.

then his 2 illegal alien family members not getting deported showed it all as well.even with the crimes they committed.

criminals support other criminals.
ima

El Paso, TX

#5 Dec 29, 2011
tomin cali wrote:
this sure shows the thoughts on the American citizens the president and his followers have.
then his 2 illegal alien family members not getting deported showed it all as well.even with the crimes they committed.
criminals support other criminals.
So we need to dethrone him

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#6 Dec 29, 2011
Time to bring back states rights. All the constitution says the feds can do re immigration is to set up a uniform rule of naturalization. By the tenth amendment, everything else about this issue should be decided the states.
John

United States

#7 Dec 29, 2011
Shut up everyone who gives a damn bout legal and illegal immigrants let the god damn country do its god damn work please and thank you!!!!

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#8 Dec 29, 2011
John wrote:
Shut up everyone who gives a damn bout legal and illegal immigrants let the god damn country do its god damn work please and thank you!!!!
What does that even mean? Let the "country" do its work? Countries do not work without people making them work.

Go back to school and get an education! And thank you!
annie

Naperville, IL

#9 Dec 29, 2011
John wrote:
Shut up everyone who gives a damn bout legal and illegal immigrants let the god damn country do its god damn work please and thank you!!!!
Why r u on an illegal immigration site then?

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#10 Dec 30, 2011
John wrote:
Shut up everyone who gives a damn bout legal and illegal immigrants let the god damn country do its god damn work please and thank you!!!!
The job of this country is to protect her citizenry from the invasion of illegal interlopes who happen to be sucking this country dry. Since 1986, this country has NOT been doing its job where this issue is concerned.
Crazy

Stamford, CT

#11 Dec 30, 2011
WE can't allow Obama to destroy our states.
John

United States

#12 Dec 30, 2011
You guys need to shut up!!! U stupid ignorants
Khuan

Carmel, IN

#13 Dec 30, 2011
And people were wondering what anchor turditos turn into?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#14 Dec 30, 2011
John wrote:
You guys need to shut up!!! U stupid ignorants
Why are you so ignorant, your momma drop you on your head?

“It matters but not very much”

Since: Oct 07

Houston, TX

#15 Dec 30, 2011
Andysdad wrote:
<quoted text>I read a article this morning that really upsets me, because its totally brilliant thinking on Obam's part. Biden and Hilary swap jobs in the coming 2012 vote. And without ant solid opposition from the other side, is almost a walk in the park. If that were to happen, ill start packing.
I just threw up in my mouth a little. God, what a horror to contemplate.

“It matters but not very much”

Since: Oct 07

Houston, TX

#16 Dec 30, 2011
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>The job of this country is to protect her citizenry from the invasion of illegal interlopes who happen to be sucking this country dry. Since 1986, this country has NOT been doing its job where this issue is concerned.
You're entirely correct.

Currently, Obama is in direct violation of Article IV section 4 of the US Constitution.

"The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence."

He should be impeached.

It's Obama's watch. The responsibility for any domestic violence against US citizens committed by invading illegal aliens rests completely on Obama and his administration.
Hugh E Rection

United States

#17 Dec 30, 2011
Independent patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
I just threw up in my mouth a little. God, what a horror to contemplate.
I bet you do that allot.

“It matters but not very much”

Since: Oct 07

Houston, TX

#18 Dec 30, 2011
Hugh E Rection wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you do that allot.
Only when I'm on Topix and read what garbage anti-American illegals and illegal supporters spew. The Biden-Hilary combo is another trigger. Gawd, what a nightmare.
ima

El Paso, TX

#19 Dec 30, 2011
John wrote:
You guys need to shut up!!! U stupid ignorants
You hear him everyone? shut up, ha ha!

“United We Stand”

Since: Dec 11

Divided We Fall

#20 Dec 30, 2011
Face it, if you are here illegally we are going to give you a very hart time. Leave now while you can.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

UC Davis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Limbo for millions of immigrants as Obama actio... Apr 18 Who Guessed it 2
News Calif. anti-gay proposal 'terrifying,' 'laughable' Mar 22 NorCal Native 5
News Ernest Kimme: A new way to rate your college of... Mar '15 Birds Landing Bob 1
News Anti-Israel Divestment Push Gains Traction At U... Mar '15 hicosymotu 1
News Global warming could starve oceans of oxygen Feb '15 Jim The Hoax Denier 21
News Swastikas Spray-Painted On Off-Campus Jewish Fr... Feb '15 bob j 1
News Muslim Students Shout - Allahu Akbar' at Jews a... Feb '15 Baloon 7
More from around the web