Immigration expert fed up with Arizon...

Immigration expert fed up with Arizona, comes to UC Davis

There are 39 comments on the Sacramento Bee Newspaper story from Aug 14, 2011, titled Immigration expert fed up with Arizona, comes to UC Davis. In it, Sacramento Bee Newspaper reports that:

Gabriel "Jack" Chin – a national voice in the debate over undocumented immigrants – has been hired to teach criminal law, criminal procedure and immigration law at UC Davis School of Law.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sacramento Bee Newspaper.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
LMAO

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Aug 14, 2011
The truth is, he did all the damage he could do to AZ and is moving up north to see how much he can do in another state.
hallie

Reno, NV

#2 Aug 14, 2011
Good-by and good ridiance and don't let the door hit you in your behind when you leave. Leave asap.
Ilegal aliens and not immigrants and immigration enforcement laws are already on the book.
Juan

Pearland, TX

#3 Aug 14, 2011
We ain't about to go anywhere anytime soon. We provide a service for the US economy. Low cost labor.
Proudnativist

Carmel, IN

#4 Aug 14, 2011
Juan wrote:
We ain't about to go anywhere anytime soon. We provide a service for the US economy. Low cost labor.
Yeah, and the American taxpayers get to subsidize the "baggage" illegal mexiholes bring: ruined schools systems, bankrupted hospitals, incarceration of criminal illegals, bankrupting welfare, creating financial hardships and unemployment for low skilled American workers, etc.
Dial For ICE

De Soto, KS

#6 Aug 15, 2011
Juan wrote:
You little twerp, pay attention to those knocks on your door!
Juan

Pearland, TX

#7 Aug 15, 2011
Nobody comes knocking on my door. I don't think you know much about ICE. They go after criminals not hard working people like myself.
ricos proxy

Henderson, NV

#8 Aug 15, 2011
Juan wrote:
Nobody comes knocking on my door. I don't think you know much about ICE. They go after criminals not hard working people like myself.
no juanita they may not but you are at work on sites that could be raided....eh juanita? and don't give us that usual we work hard hurt nobody don't steal jobs la ratza chit...overused wornout...tell a lie enough you'll believe its true...unfortunately for you we don't believe the lie...besides we know what you are...a sad pathetic little troll in mommy's basement waiting his next dose of koolaid and poptarts...
b4its2late

Bethlehem, PA

#9 Aug 15, 2011
Chin probably has chinese friends and relative here that are illegal.
ONLY people with an agenda stick up for illegals.
Juan

Pearland, TX

#10 Aug 15, 2011
Well folks.....time to go to bed, got to get up early and prepare for a long hot day at work.

Ya'll keep looking for work, a blind dog can find a bone once in awhile.
magadala

Vashon, WA

#11 Aug 15, 2011
I don't understand why there is a news article about this guy and what he thinks...who cares?!!! He is such an international guy until he talks about UC Davis has more Chinese professors, etc. Thought race didn't matter. Thought you were moving away from the culture wars. Oh, and you are saying that illegal immigration is a racial issue in Arizona...hispanic is not a race! But you knew that because you are a lawyer....
Pug

La Grange, IL

#12 Aug 15, 2011
Meanwhile in Chicago:

August 9, 2011
A home repairman who stole a diamond ring and then swallowed it to keep it away from its owner has been charged with felony theft, authorities said today.

Wilfredo Gonzalez, 30, of Chicago, was doing remodeling work to the victim's home in Cicero on Aug. 5 when he asked to use the restroom, the Cook County state's attorney's office said.

When he finished, the homeowner noticed her diamond ring was missing and told her husband, who confronted Gonzalez. Gonzalez denied taking the ring and the two began to struggle, prosecutors said. During the struggle, Gonzalez allegedly took the ring from where he had hidden it on his person and swallowed it, they said.
Police were called, and officers took Gonzalez to a MacNeal Hospital in Berwyn where an X-ray found the ring.
Gonzalez was then placed in a padded room filled with bedpans after he was given medication to force the expulsion of the ring, Cicero police said. The ring was finally recovered Monday, police said.
Gonzalez was charged with felony theft and faces up to 3 years in prison if convicted. He appeared at the Maywood Courthouse this morning, where bail was set at $10,000 by Cook County Judge James Shapiro.
[email protected]
Just a hard worker

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#13 Aug 15, 2011
Juan wrote:
These people thought they were not going anywhere too.

Undocumented immigrants face checks on Amtrak, Greyhound.

"Federal agents appear to have stepped up checks for undocumented immigrants on public transportation, including Greyhound buses and Amtrak. The feds say they have the authority to check any public area."

"Between October 2010 and May 2011, immigration agents in Florida arrested around 2,900 undocumented immigrants. That includes arrests made on public transportation, apprehensions through routine highway stops and drug cases."

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/08/14/2359179...

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#14 Aug 15, 2011
Juan wrote:
The Border patrol

Federal agents appear to have stepped up checks for undocumented immigrants on public transportation, including Greyhound buses and Amtrak. The feds say they have the authority to check any public area.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/08/14/2359179...

Since: Apr 09

small town

#15 Aug 15, 2011
Thursday, April 29, 2010

Congressional Research Service: One-quarter of all illegal immigrants in the U.S. call California 'casa'
A Congressional Research Service report on illegal immigrants in the U.S. was released two days ago, though to read the funny papers you'd never know it.

A couple of numbers are startling: most estimates put the total number of illegals living in the U.S. at 12 million. Between three and four million of the illegals here aren't working: i.e., they're absorbing benefits from taxpayers in the form of welfare, food stamps, free education, etc.

As for those who are employed, a full 5% of the U.S. labor force consists of illegal aliens. This is a disheartening finding when you consider that the U-6 unemployment/under-employment measure for U.S. citizens is nearly 20%.

Thanks to "Sanctuary Cities" like San Francisco and Los Angeles, California's downtrodden taxpayers suffer the most.

Nearly one-quarter of all illegal aliens in the U.S. call California home.

Say, I wonder if all of the welfare, benefits, prison expenses and other infrastructure costs of millions of illegals have anything to do with California's $23 billion annual budget deficit? Or New York's catastrophic fiscal problems?

Nah, that's got to be a coincidence.
Free is free

El Prado, NM

#16 Aug 16, 2011
More like "flees hostile territory while the gettin's good". Traitors are on the retreat nationwide and that's a trend most Americans support.
Juan

Pearland, TX

#17 Aug 16, 2011
Immigration agents have never bother me or any of my friends.
Pando

Bullhead City, AZ

#18 Aug 16, 2011
Good riddance Mr. Chin. What AZ doesn't need is a professor teaching law who doesn't think we should enforce it.

I could care less that his children are so many nationalities and religions. What matters is that they're here legally.

California the land of fruits, nuts and ILLEGAL ALIENS ought to welcome a law professor who doesn't agree with the law.

LMAO!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#19 Aug 18, 2011
Yawn. Another crook taking corporate bribes to support the illegals.
Juan

Pearland, TX

#20 Aug 18, 2011
Free is free wrote:
More like "flees hostile territory while the gettin's good". Traitors are on the retreat nationwide and that's a trend most Americans support.
Did you say retreat ?

The government says many illegal immigrants who don't have criminal records but are facing possible deportation will get to stay in the U.S. indefinitely and have a chance to apply for a work permit.
racer42

Hayward, CA

#21 Aug 18, 2011
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you say retreat ?
The government says many illegal immigrants who don't have criminal records but are facing possible deportation will get to stay in the U.S. indefinitely and have a chance to apply for a work permit.
Juan or Winston, which is it.

Don't start hitting the Cuervo yet. When Obama is thrown out of office next year that's all subject to change.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

UC Davis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lack of brain donations is hampering understand... Aug 28 Yura Koxucker 8
News SFFilm Festival focuses on women in cinema Jun '17 hey 5
News Legacy of labor leader lives on Apr '17 Ignorance 6
News Having Just One Black Teacher Can Keep Black Ki... Apr '17 Justsaying 5
News Between the Sheets: Hospitality students invite... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Thomas Gardiner 1
News Breitbart speaker at Berkeley stirs debate over... (Feb '17) Mar '17 zio-dbl std 3
News Talk looks at history of autism (Dec '16) Feb '17 Old Lamp Lighter 7
More from around the web