'Parades and Changes' dance review

Feb 17, 2013 Full story: SFGate 6

Dana Iova-Koga , Briana Dickinson, Theresa Wong, Jay Coscullueia and Benjamin Jarrett rehearse for Anna Halprin's "Parades and Changes" on the main floor of the UC Berkeley Art Museum.

Full Story
Lagios Lake

Sonoma, CA

#1 Feb 17, 2013
Was this entrancing or not so much? I would say the question raises the barre. The Littlest dancers who flooded and flitted around the techno space in winged costumes hollering while the Afro-Hilton score blaring away caused one to remember the early sud-amerique falmencoesque ruminations of the parcel dancers and a still dark loie Fuller. What the purpose was of having those three men take tickets and then chew them up remains a mystery but it captivates the memorizing wit as the protestations of the icon presreving bellkamps will never.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wanda Whitlaw III

Sonoma, CA

#2 Feb 18, 2013
Lagios Lake wrote:
Was this entrancing or not so much? I would say the question raises the barre. The Littlest dancers who flooded and flitted around the techno space in winged costumes hollering while the Afro-Hilton score blaring away caused one to remember the early sud-amerique falmencoesque ruminations of the parcel dancers and a still dark loie Fuller. What the purpose was of having those three men take tickets and then chew them up remains a mystery but it captivates the memorizing wit as the protestations of the icon presreving bellkamps will never.
Right. What we just always love is when the tree just grows & grows and the tiny children jus run round and round and then the nutscraker prince just hops out from under that weird thing and all is just fine & well with little dora. My kids jus love the tootoos and the music and the candy cane girlies but just not the mean moose king and his tale is just too much.
Berkeley Boobe BBQ

Sonoma, CA

#3 Feb 19, 2013
Wanda Whitlaw III wrote:
<quoted text>.
Right. What we just always love is when the tree just grows & grows and the tiny children jus run round and round and then the nutscraker prince just hops out from under that weird thing and all is just fine & well with little dora. My kids jus love the tootoos and the music and the candy cane girlies but just not the mean moose king and his tale is just too much.
I myself never seen them do this stuff but I seen them dancing on the show with the violins and the near about nekkid womens streaking in the dark with loud electrified music that was supposed to be serious but made you wince soon as they hopped up on they toes. This is opera all righty. Mike, Dr. H sez hello, he is a poop doktor but a nice long talker. He knows his Ma and so we dont need to get too close.
Mary Lanova

Sonoma, CA

#4 Feb 20, 2013
Now is the time for this person to be interviewed for her insights into what has happened with the bolshoi and the nonsense press there. That is all. More TAP dancing, please.
Rnee Rn9f

Sonoma, CA

#5 Mar 2, 2013
What the heck are these people talking about? I went there and had what turned out to not be an impacted tooth removed without any anaesthetic and cant tell you how it felt as I dont remember a thing. The bill is on good stock.
hiram shortsky

Sonoma, CA

#6 Mar 7, 2013
well all is got to be ezplained to me here. this show was about gun rights? what was the reason for them taking off their clothes and rolling in stuff? how come I couldnt get my money back? what was the guy in front of me doing with all that laughter and the raincoat? HI MOM. Michael

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

UC Berkeley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ita s time for presidential candidates to recko... Feb 17 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Katherine Timpf: UC Berkeley Lecture: It Is 'Ne... Feb 7 Asok Asus 1
Jewish fraternity in California defaced with sw... Feb 2 rege ytjtru 1
Did ancient Cambodians invent the zero? (Aug '14) Jan '15 Zia 23
Hottest year ever Jan '15 SpaceBlues 1
If the rich are getting richer, what's happenin... (Apr '14) Jan '15 Jaimie 9
Rare northern white rhino dies in US zoo Dec '14 clintoris 2
More from around the web