Christian registrar who won - gay marriage' case has illegitimate child

Jul 15, 2008 | Posted by: Ziggy on High | Full story: www.pinknews.co.uk

A civil registrar who claimed her Christian belief is so fundamental that she cannot not conduct civil partnerships is an unmarried single mother.

In an interview with the Daily Mail, Lillian Ladele also revealed that her relationship with the father of her son has "collapsed."

During an employment tribunal Ms Ladele, 47, who was born and raised in Nigeria, claimed that she was discriminated against by Islington Council on the grounds of her religious belief.

She told the Mail that she gave birth to an illegitimate son when she was 20.

Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Jul 25, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

Eden Prairie, MN

#2 Jul 15, 2008
How typical.

The people who are usually the loudest about wanting everyone to follow strict fundamentalist Christian beliefs are often don't follow those rules themselves.

“Equality”

Since: Oct 07

Seattle, WA

#3 Jul 15, 2008
(Read it with sarcasm)... I wonder why?...

Since: Oct 07

The Americas

#4 Jul 15, 2008
Christian fundamentalist should clean up their own house and let others live their lives as they see fit. It has never stopped amazing me how many people see the few vague and arguable references in the Bible to same sex conduct as having a great moral impact and the rest of the book as not applying, especially to themselves. Didn't Christ say, render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and unto God that which is God's." Her job duties as a public employee are set by Caesar (the Government). She should do her job and practice her religion on her own time, and maybe try to follow her own rules.

“How'd you like 2 be treated?”

Since: Sep 07

Long Beach, CA

#5 Jul 15, 2008
She must think as a christian she only needs to follow some of their doctrine just as long as it doesn't interupt her own failings of her faith.
eric

Denver, CO

#6 Jul 15, 2008
She pulled a Larry Craig?!
Denis

Mesquite, TX

#7 Jul 15, 2008
She has said, "As a Christian, I loved being able to help people, to talk to them when they needed advice, it's what my religion is all about and I think I have a lot of empathy." That comment apparently does not apply to homosexuals. She apparently has "selective" Christian beliefs. I blame this on her ignorance. She obviously doesn't understand the dispartiy in rights even when she was discriminated against. What's the term for doing things even though you know they are wrong or false?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#8 Jul 15, 2008
This story is yet another sad example of the abuses of Christianity or any religious belief in the world today, it's always much easier to inflict it on somebody else than actually have to live it yourself.
Art

Chicago, IL

#9 Jul 15, 2008
eric wrote:
She pulled a Larry Craig?!
"Milked" is more like it. Nutt'in but doze to pull.
She should be familiar with that seeing that, according to the un-holy bible, she is an unwed prostitute and should be stoned at the city gates!
All is literal or none is literal. Make up your Krustian minds. Oh that's right, they got none!
Art

Chicago, IL

#10 Jul 15, 2008
It's a poo that I could not use a perfectly biblical word instead of "prostitute" in the above. It was "w h o r e". It is in the bible, at lease several false versions, but the Censors would not let me use it. Christians get to call us whatever they want but we can't even use the Bible's OWN false words!

Topix: don't be two faced!

“Son of Abraham”

Since: Aug 07

Natural Deviant

#11 Jul 15, 2008
I say we stone her to death.

“JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY TO GOD!!”

Since: Nov 07

Repent and trust Jesus!

#12 Jul 15, 2008
All the more reason to be against civil unions, as she'd learned from her mistake.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Littleton, NH

#13 Jul 15, 2008
Hesed wrote:
All the more reason to be against civil unions, as she'd learned from her mistake.
Yes, equality means everyone has the right to marry. Separate but equal institutions don't work.

Since: Dec 06

Rockford, IL

#15 Jul 15, 2008
A hypocritical "christian" -- how typical!
Headlines Exposed

United States

#16 Jul 15, 2008
Hesed wrote:
Good for you for standing up for what is good and right!

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Littleton, NH

#17 Jul 15, 2008
Headlines Exposed wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you for standing up for what is good and right!
Since when does bigot = good?
Resist Ignorance

Huntsville, AL

#18 Jul 15, 2008
Not surprised!
born that way

Washington, DC

#19 Jul 15, 2008
Well, of course, now she doesn't fit John McCain's view of the perfect family does she?

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#21 Jul 15, 2008
Hesed wrote:
The thought of civil unions made her spresd her legs and get knocked up? Who would have thought.

“Putan end to religious thought”

Since: Jun 07

The Freak Kingdom

#22 Jul 16, 2008
Hesed wrote:
That really makes no sense at all. HER mistake was getting knocked up without marriage. She will resent that child for the rest of her life.(I've seen it many times before.) That poor kid doesn't deserve that.

The couples who she is refusing actually WANT to get married and start families with kids that will be truly WANTED. They are trying what she didn't have the sense to do.

Who is trying to make the better choice here? Certainly isn't this hypocrite of woman.
CDC

Saint Albans, UK

#23 Jul 17, 2008
so she has a bastard baby and feels like she has been harassed and has taken money of the tax payers. hmmm. point a) christianity says sex and babies should only be within marrigae point b) now she knows what gay people have to put up with and point c) its not giving or christian to take money from the poor.

cant stand this woman, hope she gets what she deserves - a good kicking up the backside

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The University of Findlay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Corbin, Hooks Set for Run-off in Treutlen Count... (Jul '08) Aug '11 yep 379
Mom's smoking tied to oral birth defect (Jul '08) Jun '11 MyAdvocates 6
Gays Should Understand the Religious, and Vice ... (Jul '08) May '10 LuLu Ford 452
Springdale Har-Ber coach arrested in rapes (Jul '08) Apr '10 player 18
Cold Case: Investigators try to identify girl f... (Jul '08) Jan '10 Saddened 54
Seven Coronation Lakalaka will not include Tata... (Jul '08) Oct '09 Da Man 100
Cyprus airport bus service to be introduced (Aug '08) Aug '09 Anna 10
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

The University of Findlay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••