More pseudo-science from the right: repeats the lie: ' Kids of Gay Parents More Likely to Be Gay'

There are 20 comments on the Jul 15, 2008, gaynewsblog.net story titled More pseudo-science from the right: repeats the lie: ' Kids of Gay Parents More Likely to Be Gay'. In it, gaynewsblog.net reports that:

Those who claim to be the 'religious' right are circulating more pseudo-science in the form of an article claiming "Pro-Homosexual Researchers Conceal Findings: Children Raised by Openly Homosexual Parents More Likely to Eangage in Homosexuality. The author, " Licensed Psychologist" Trayce L. Hansen, Ph.D. was not based on her own research nor was her work published in a peer reviewed scientific journal. Instead, her analysis of research by other scientists represents another step in the far right#s campaign to blur the distinction between real science and the kind practiced by this self-styled "cultural commentator." Ms. Hansen has a perfect right to state her views but to suggest her analysis is a valid scientific study is misleading at best and an outright lie at worst. Her repeated efforts to blur the distinction between personal opinion and peer-reviewed science suggest her training at the California School of Professional Psychology in San Diego was somewhat lacking in its instruction of scientific methodology. more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at gaynewsblog.net.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 08

AOL

#1 Jul 15, 2008
Kids will experiment, and kids of gay parents are not likely to have any anti-gay bigotry so could more likely experiment in gay sex. My response is "So what?" Childhood experimentation will not change their sexual orientation. Much ado about nothing. Anything to arouse anit-gay sentiment is the rule in all of these groups whether valid or not.

“STFU”

Since: May 07

Atlanta, GA

#2 Jul 15, 2008
As I've repeatedly stated, nobody can lie like the reich-wing religionists. Quite ironic that they so loudly proclaim their superior morals while lacking even basic ones.
Disgusted American

Cranbury, NJ

#3 Jul 15, 2008
99% of gay people come from hetero Parents!..and of course Election season is upon us...so let's stir up that Hate on the LGBT community....I see it coming a mile away...McCain has already started his BS....This country is a disgrace...and for any reason McSame wins...America deserves ALL the ILL will that comes its way.
verad

United States

#4 Jul 15, 2008
Unfortunately far too many of the conservative, "christians" are too busy minding their neighbors' business to actually do any research so they will undoubtedly accept this nonsense as the gospel truth. Maybe if they spent a little more time tending to their own souls...yeah, like that's going to happen.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#5 Jul 15, 2008
Dubya wrote:
Kids will experiment, and kids of gay parents are not likely to have any anti-gay bigotry so could more likely experiment in gay sex. My response is "So what?" Childhood experimentation will not change their sexual orientation. Much ado about nothing. Anything to arouse anit-gay sentiment is the rule in all of these groups whether valid or not.
Do you not understand the obvious? These anti-gay crusaders find the homosexual "lifestyle" so attractive that they're sure anyone who experiments will become a gay sex junkie. It takes only one gay encounter of an intimate kind to seduce a normal heterosexual into a life-time of seeking sex in parks, bathrooms, and rest areas. After all, that's what happened to all the gays they know: Sen Craig, Rev Haggert,....

Since: Jan 08

AOL

#6 Jul 15, 2008
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not understand the obvious? These anti-gay crusaders find the homosexual "lifestyle" so attractive that they're sure anyone who experiments will become a gay sex junkie. It takes only one gay encounter of an intimate kind to seduce a normal heterosexual into a life-time of seeking sex in parks, bathrooms, and rest areas. After all, that's what happened to all the gays they know: Sen Craig, Rev Haggert,....
Ah, if only it were so!

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#7 Jul 15, 2008
http://www.drtraycehansen.com/Pages/about.htm...

http://www.drtraycehansen.com/Pages/writings_...

http://www.drtraycehansen.com/Pages/writings_...

What I found both amusing and rather disturbing about Dr. Hansen's article was this particular paragraph: "All social scientists who conduct research in this emotionally-charged area have personal biases. That's a given. But if the authors of these studies want to be regarded as scientists, and not activists, they must set aside their biases and straightforwardly present their findings." The problem is she not only steadfastly refuses to set aside her own bias, just look at the title of the article: "Pro-Homosexual Researchers Conceal Findings: Children Raised by Openly Homosexual Parents More Likely to Engage in Homosexuality", but she goes into full on anti-gay activist role throughout the article. All one needs to do is read her original review of literature/study (third link above: "A Review and Analysis of Research Studies Which Assessed Sexual Preference of Children Raised by Homosexuals")to see just what biases this woman holds and how desperate she really is to trumpet HER AGENDA...

I wish garbage like this was so easily dismissed, but the problem remains that when anti-gay propaganda takes on the trappings of "legitimate science", it takes on a level of credibility that requires more in the way of refutation than the rantings of your garden variety hate-monger.

“JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY TO GOD!!”

Since: Nov 07

Repent and trust Jesus!

#8 Jul 15, 2008
It's nothing as bad as the claim from the behavioral studies professionals that homosexuals are born that way.

Neither has scientific, observable, testable, repeatable proof.

Just opinions.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#9 Jul 15, 2008
Hesed wrote:
It's nothing as bad as the claim from the behavioral studies professionals that homosexuals are born that way.
Neither has scientific, observable, testable, repeatable proof.
Just opinions.
Ahh. Right on time. Hesed: You are the epitome of biased, untruthful, opinionated humans.

You've been on this forum with actual facts biting your a** for a long time, and you still can't recognize truth when you see it.

And then there is your tendency to bear false witness. You need to sort out your own problems before getting involved in the problems you perceive in others!
Sumballo

United States

#10 Jul 15, 2008
Hesed wrote:
It's nothing as bad as the claim from the behavioral studies professionals that homosexuals are born that way.
Neither has scientific, observable, testable, repeatable proof.
Just opinions.
Those who practice homosexuality are not likely to encourage kids in their care to follow the bible. Nor are they likely pass along that God can redeem and transform anyone.

“Fight bigotry.”

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

#11 Jul 15, 2008
I suspect that the Christians will, and the non-Christians won't. If those non-Christians have a religious belief, they will pass that belief on. None of this is any different from what straight parents would do. What's your point?
Sumballo wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who practice homosexuality are not likely to encourage kids in their care to follow the bible. Nor are they likely pass along that God can redeem and transform anyone.

“Trolls, the canker sores of”

Since: Jul 07

the internet.

#14 Jul 15, 2008
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not understand the obvious? These anti-gay crusaders find the homosexual "lifestyle" so attractive that they're sure anyone who experiments will become a gay sex junkie. It takes only one gay encounter of an intimate kind to seduce a normal heterosexual into a life-time of seeking sex in parks, bathrooms, and rest areas. After all, that's what happened to all the gays they know: Sen Craig, Rev Haggert,....
My girl thinks you are brilliant!
I read this response to her.

I put one of the clown faces up.
Sumballo

United States

#15 Jul 15, 2008
ACLU-Tom wrote:
I suspect that the Christians will, and the non-Christians won't. If those non-Christians have a religious belief, they will pass that belief on. None of this is any different from what straight parents would do. What's your point?
<quoted text>
Given biblical teachings about men and women, Christ and his bride (the church) and the teaches against sexual immorality and homosexuality and that a man is to be the husband of but one wife, it is not a credible position to assume that a homosexual will teach and promote these biblical truths.
Sumballo

United States

#16 Jul 15, 2008
ACLU-Tom wrote:
I suspect that the Christians will, and the non-Christians won't. If those non-Christians have a religious belief, they will pass that belief on. None of this is any different from what straight parents would do. What's your point?
<quoted text>
I also do not think that homosexuals will teach children that God can give them a safe and loving way to overcome their homosexuality.

Since: Jan 08

AOL

#17 Jul 16, 2008
Sumballo wrote:
<quoted text>
I also do not think ...
You got that part right!

“Trolls, the canker sores of”

Since: Jul 07

the internet.

#18 Jul 16, 2008
Sumballo wrote:
<quoted text>
Given biblical teachings about men and women, Christ and his bride (the church) and the teaches against sexual immorality and homosexuality and that a man is to be the husband of but one wife, it is not a credible position to assume that a homosexual will teach and promote these biblical truths.
Not everyone follows the teachings of the book bible. The book bible is not needed for teaching morals to children or adults. Common sense and courtesy are. So why should we live by a book that only some want to live by?

“Trolls, the canker sores of”

Since: Jul 07

the internet.

#19 Jul 16, 2008
Sumballo wrote:
<quoted text>
I also do not think that homosexuals will teach children that God can give them a safe and loving way to overcome their homosexuality.
At what age did you CONSCIOUSLY choose to be straight?

“IBM had it right: "Think"”

Since: Mar 07

SF Bay Area Suburbs

#20 Jul 16, 2008
Sumballo wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who practice homosexuality are not likely to encourage kids in their care to follow the bible. Nor are they likely pass along that God can redeem and transform anyone.
If Gay people do not follow the Bible, it's because of people like you have chased them out of the Church.

“IBM had it right: "Think"”

Since: Mar 07

SF Bay Area Suburbs

#21 Jul 16, 2008
Sumballo wrote:
<quoted text>
Given biblical teachings about men and women, Christ and his bride (the church) and the teaches against sexual immorality and homosexuality and that a man is to be the husband of but one wife, it is not a credible position to assume that a homosexual will teach and promote these biblical truths.
The Biblical model is polygamy. The modern views of marriage are from other sources.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#22 Jul 16, 2008
Sumballo wrote:
<quoted text>
Given biblical teachings about men and women, Christ and his bride (the church) and the teaches against sexual immorality and homosexuality and that a man is to be the husband of but one wife, it is not a credible position to assume that a homosexual will teach and promote these biblical truths.
Obviously, then, there are no divorced Christians and they're not raising their children in the church.

You're an idiot who merely uses your religion to justify your biases and prejudice. There is NOTHING the least bit Christ-like about that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The University of Findlay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UF students to host African Night Apr 10 zebra 1
News Corbin, Hooks Set for Run-off in Treutlen Count... (Jul '08) Aug '11 yep 379
News Mom's smoking tied to oral birth defect (Jul '08) Jun '11 MyAdvocates 6
News Gays Should Understand the Religious, and Vice ... (Jul '08) May '10 LuLu Ford 452
News Springdale Har-Ber coach arrested in rapes (Jul '08) Apr '10 player 18
News Cold Case: Investigators try to identify girl f... (Jul '08) Jan '10 Saddened 54
News Seven Coronation Lakalaka will not include Tata... (Jul '08) Oct '09 Da Man 100
More from around the web