Democrats Are Weighing More Tax Rebat...

Democrats Are Weighing More Tax Rebates, Pelosi Says

There are 104 comments on the www.bloomberg.com story from Jul 15, 2008, titled Democrats Are Weighing More Tax Rebates, Pelosi Says. In it, www.bloomberg.com reports that:

We will be proceeding with another stimulus package

Congressional Democrats are considering a second round of rebates to taxpayers, saying the benefits of the first checks sent to more than 100 million households this year are being eroded by rising energy ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.bloomberg.com.

Individualist

United States

#22 Jul 16, 2008
owww wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you blame Democras for Bush's crimes and ineptitude?
Perhaps, while I wait for dajokerman, you can enlighten me...

How are the Republicans to blame?

And if the Democrats are going to "clean it up":

1) Why haven't they implemented the "secret plan" they said they had in the last election?

2) Why do they, and all their minions, continue to oppose creating more supply?

3) Why are the Democrats doing their best to pass legislation making it MUCH MORE difficult to create more supply? EXAMPLE: Ken Salazar is pushing legislation making it almost impossiblr to mine for oil shale?

4) Why aren't the Democrats pushing for NEW technology?

5) Vehicles that run on everything from compressed air (mfg Tata), Hydrogen (mfg BMW, Chrysler and more) and even WATER (at least 2 different companies in Japan are in the process of bringing such cars to mass market.) Why aren't environmentalists, Democrats and other so-called "Liberals" talking about ANY of that???

“Smart@ss”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#23 Jul 16, 2008
Individualist wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Why haven't they implemented the "secret plan" they said they had in the last election?
3) Why are the Democrats doing their best to pass legislation making it MUCH MORE difficult to create more supply? EXAMPLE: Ken Salazar is pushing legislation making it almost impossiblr to mine for oil shale?
5) Vehicles that run on everything from compressed air (mfg Tata), Hydrogen (mfg BMW, Chrysler and more) and even WATER (at least 2 different companies in Japan are in the process of bringing such cars to mass market.) Why aren't environmentalists, Democrats and other so-called "Liberals" talking about ANY of that???
No Democrats, are only interested in prolongng the problem until after the next elections...in hope the fools will vote them in - THEN they will pretend to be our "saviors". And the masses will buy right into it.
OK, dajokerman, balls in your court.
Answer my questions...
Every bill that has been put forth to encourage alternative energy has been shot down by the republican parry, even when one of the republicans that tried to force the senate to included a alternative energy tax break plan, his own party shot it down.

Whenever the democrats tried to raise the national fuel standards, the republicans shot it down. When we are trying to add government spending in to alternative energy, republicans cry foul because it is messing with the “free market”

Ever since this call for more drilling has been made, Republicans in congress has refuse to allow any new bills on energy unless it has a drilling measure, even when every expert agrees that the oil being brought to the market in 7 to 10 years will not lower the cost for fuel.

So why are we going to waste time and money on drilling?

We need to make a massive project in America to get us Energy independent and I mean big, something that would make the Manhattan Project, moon race, trans-continental rail road and interstate highway system look like preschool building blocks.

The only people that are prolonging anything is the republicans that continue to insist that America allow drilling for oil that isn’t going to do any good for the country’s economy.

Since: May 08

Marrero, Louisiana

#24 Jul 16, 2008
Yea that's not inflationary!

Marrero, Louisiana

#25 Jul 16, 2008
Dajokerman wrote:
<quoted text>
Every bill that has been put forth to encourage alternative energy has been shot down by the republican parry, even when one of the republicans that tried to force the senate to included a alternative energy tax break plan, his own party shot it down.
Whenever the democrats tried to raise the national fuel standards, the republicans shot it down. When we are trying to add government spending in to alternative energy, republicans cry foul because it is messing with the “free market”
Ever since this call for more drilling has been made, Republicans in congress has refuse to allow any new bills on energy unless it has a drilling measure, even when every expert agrees that the oil being brought to the market in 7 to 10 years will not lower the cost for fuel.
We need to make a massive project in America to get us Energy independent and I mean big, something that would make the Manhattan Project, moon race, trans-continental rail road and interstate highway system look like preschool building blocks.
The only people that are prolonging anything is the republicans that continue to insist that America allow drilling for oil that isn’t going to do any good for the country’s economy.
To recapitulate, Stalin’s team of scientists and engineers found that oil is not a ‘fossil fuel’ but is a natural product of planet earth – the high-temperature, high-pressure continuous reaction between calcium carbonate and iron oxide – two of the most abundant compounds making up the earth’s crust. This continuous reaction occurs at a depth of approximately 100 km at a pressure of approximately 50,000 atmospheres (5 GPa) and a temperature of approximately 1500°C, and will continue more or less until the ‘death’ of planet earth in millions of years’ time. The high pressure, as well as centrifugal acceleration from the earth’s rotation, causes oil to continuously seep up along fissures in the earth’s crust into subterranean caverns, which we call oil fields. Oil is still being produced in great abundance, and is a sustainable resource – by the same definition that makes geothermal energy a sustainable resource. All we have to do is develop better geotechnical science to predict where it is and learn how to drill down deep enough to get to it. So far, the Russians have drilled to more than 13 km and found oil. In contrast, the deepest any Western oil company has drilled is around 4.5 km.
A team consisting of Russian scientists and Dr J. F. Kenney, of Gas Resources Corporation, Houston, USA, have actually built a reactor vessel and proven that oil is produced from calcium carbonate and iron oxide, as detailed on the Gas Resources website
owww

United States

#26 Jul 16, 2008
Individualist wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps, while I wait for dajokerman, you can enlighten me...
"How are the Republicans to blame?"
Their poliitical ideas are bankrupt. They ruined the USA for decades. You know that, don't deny your destruction of the economy.

1-6, wait until January, when the obstructionist Republicans are out of the Senate.

Song for January:
HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!

Listen up!
Individualist

United States

#27 Jul 16, 2008
owww wrote:
<quoted text>
"How are the Republicans to blame?"
Their poliitical ideas are bankrupt. They ruined the USA for decades. You know that, don't deny your destruction of the economy.
Parroting talking points is the best you can do?

What about specifics? Can't come up with any?
owww wrote:
<quoted text> 1-6, wait until January, when the obstructionist Republicans are out of the Senate.
That's what your type was saying before the LAST election, and what have the Democrats done..?

NOTHING, except break promises made and make more promises.

Since the 1960's, EVERY Democrat is elected on promises to "save the world", yet our society is - at BEST - no better overall.

Though special interest groups have gained power, our society, as whole, is declining.

Instead of focusing on common ground, Liberals amplify our differences. That is what Marx & Lenin advocated to destroy America.

LBJ's "Great Society", for instance, spent tons of money promising to end poverty and institutionalize equality. Yet minorities still claim poverty & discrimination, and we have more Black on Black crime, more broken black families, fatherless children, declining education and on and on and on.

Democrats have been promising the moon & stars for over 40 years, and all they have delivered is rocks...and you love them for it.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, while expecting different results.- Albert Einstein
Individualist

United States

#28 Jul 16, 2008
Dajokerman wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer my questions...just went on a tirade.

Answer my questions, and I will respond to the illogical and wrong statements you have made here.

I have to go to work, now, but tell me this.

If food got as high as gas, and the Democrats were saying "eat less" while the Republicans were saying "plant more gardens" - which advice would you choose?
Chicago Born

United States

#29 Jul 16, 2008
owww wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect floppery.
WHAT!!!! What's floppery?? Some word made up by people who can't come to grips w/ the fact we haven't been hit again. Wait until Osama Obama becomes President (God forbid) he'll be in over his head.
babooph

Antipolo, Philippines

#30 Jul 16, 2008
Just got my stimulus-I would have preferred the 20 times larger for 10 years one that the rich have gotten -Nancy ignors that.The massive tax cut for the rich was touted by the propaganda system as great for the economy-HOW GREAT ARE YOU FEELING!!!

Earl Keese

“global warming is a hoax”

Since: Apr 08

knoxville

#31 Jul 16, 2008
Webster9 wrote:
Stimulus, Shmimulus.
I'm so disappointed in her "leadership."
she's brought forth absolutely no leadership to be disapointed in.

and giving back something that is already ours to begin with, isn't anything to pat yourselves on the back about when her and her pals' politics of obstruction has hurt the average wage earner far more than any scraps they toss back to us in an election year.
Jones

“It's about the American People”

Since: Jun 07

Flushing, NY

#32 Jul 16, 2008
owww wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you blame Democras for Bush's crimes and ineptitude?
You are wrong. The American people blame the radical liberals led by George Soros, Pelosi Reid and Barack for supporting the interests of the a radical Islamic regimes, Russia and Venezuela and for forcing them to send their paychecks to finance the Islamic terrorist attacks on US troops and their dirty bombs.
The approval rating of the disgraceful anti-American and pro Islamic US Congress led by Pelosi and Reid is 8% which is the lowest ever in US history.

Earl Keese

“global warming is a hoax”

Since: Apr 08

knoxville

#33 Jul 16, 2008
Jones wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong. The American people blame the radical liberals led by George Soros, Pelosi Reid and Barack for supporting the interests of the a radical Islamic regimes, Russia and Venezuela and for forcing them to send their paychecks to finance the Islamic terrorist attacks on US troops and their dirty bombs.
The approval rating of the disgraceful anti-American and pro Islamic US Congress led by Pelosi and Reid is 8% which is the lowest ever in US history.
you are right on the $$$.

somebody please tell us what those two have accomplished during their recent time in washington ???

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#34 Jul 16, 2008
Mad Dog USN wrote:
We haven't heard whether the first round of stimulus checks did anything?
I agree with waiting, however for a different reason. We may need that second stimulus check
to pay for home heating this winter.
The first check probably went to food and gas.
Mine went to pay for the last heating oil delivery of the heating season

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#35 Jul 16, 2008
Jones wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong. The American people blame the radical liberals led by George Soros, Pelosi Reid and Barack for supporting the interests of the a radical Islamic regimes, Russia and Venezuela and for forcing them to send their paychecks to finance the Islamic terrorist attacks on US troops and their dirty bombs.
My dear Jones, the congress is made up of BOTH democrats and republicans. Both Liberals and Conservatives. As a group - their performance is dismal. And as a group, the American people are unhappy with them It's not a case of Liberal=bad and Conservative=good. It's a case of "they are all crooks - ALL of them"
EricDallas

Denton, TX

#36 Jul 16, 2008
Did you see the video where Obama refused to place his hand over his heart during the singing of the national anthem?

Just wanted to bring that up again. Bears repeating to some of you.

If you love your country, you will not vote for Obama.
john k

Jersey City, NJ

#37 Jul 16, 2008
stimulus checks do not fix the problem! nancy pelosi is looking to formulate a second stimulus bill. remember those fires in california? the bill would include spending on road projects! we better watch that money. new bushes for the burnt ones. pres bush lifted the moratorium on drilling and is now waiting on congress. did you notice oil falling?
john k

Jersey City, NJ

#38 Jul 16, 2008
Earl Keese wrote:
<quoted text>
you are right on the $$$.
somebody please tell us what those two have accomplished during their recent time in washington ???
nothing but high prices! and more debt!
got my stimulus already

United States

#39 Jul 16, 2008
I drank my coffee this morning.
I drink it every morning.

Next year, I will fill my tax forms out
and on that return I will need to put
that I already got $1,200 back. So,
my next year's refund will be $1,200
smaller. I usually use that to
pay my property tax, my house insurance,
my first six months car insurance, and
a life insurance yearly premium.

I think I had better start withholding
more each week to make up for the
$1,200 that I already got, otherwise
my lump of cash will not stretch to
all the bills that I have planned for
it.

“ja sagte ich das :)”

jackson purchase area

#40 Jul 16, 2008
bout time for another the last almost all went to the grocery and the gas tank.
got my stimulus already

United States

#41 Jul 16, 2008
So what are you going to do when your refund
is smaller next year?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The University of Findlay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UF discussion on Islam to address election rhet... (Oct '16) Dec '16 snorko 5
News Corbin, Hooks Set for Run-off in Treutlen Count... (Jul '08) Jun '16 cemyamsmith 381
News UF students to host African Night (Apr '15) Jun '15 lion 2
News Mom's smoking tied to oral birth defect (Jul '08) Jun '11 MyAdvocates 6
News Gays Should Understand the Religious, and Vice ... (Jul '08) May '10 LuLu Ford 452
News Springdale Har-Ber coach arrested in rapes (Jul '08) Apr '10 player 18
News Cold Case: Investigators try to identify girl f... (Jul '08) Jan '10 Saddened 54