Words in foreign language become fodder for immigration foes

Jul 14, 2008 Full story: The Clarion-Ledger 19

The language wars flare up whenever insecure Americans worry that English is becoming passe.

Full Story

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#1 Jul 14, 2008
This writer is a huge moron who should deport himself to some other country -- Mexico sounds like a viable option.

He needs to STFU and understand that all other countries have a language, and we need one, too. And, just in case he's forgotten, that language is ENGLISH.

The reason the German words were not met with as much resistance as the Spanish ones is because the Germans that come here assimilate and learn English. The Spanish speakers, not so much. That makes a big difference. If it doesn't matter to him, he doesn't belong here.

Since: Apr 07

San Antonio Texas

#2 Jul 14, 2008
Rebel wrote:
This writer is a huge moron who should deport himself to some other country -- Mexico sounds like a viable option.
He needs to STFU and understand that all other countries have a language, and we need one, too. And, just in case he's forgotten, that language is ENGLISH.
The reason the German words were not met with as much resistance as the Spanish ones is because the Germans that come here assimilate and learn English. The Spanish speakers, not so much. That makes a big difference. If it doesn't matter to him, he doesn't belong here.
Soon in san diago, All of the commincments will be in spanish, with no translator for the rest of people there.they don't care.
They don't understand the problem with this. It will always turn out that, We have to change ,not them. It's BS, and i'm tired of it

#3 Jul 14, 2008
stepback wrote:
<quoted text>
Soon in san diago, All of the commincments will be in spanish, with no translator for the rest of people there.they don't care.
They don't understand the problem with this. It will always turn out that, We have to change ,not them. It's BS, and i'm tired of it
Well, the people in San Diego need to speak out and get moving to do something about that. We all must speak out and demand that English is made our official language -- AND ENFORCED!
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#4 Jul 14, 2008
Rebel wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the people in San Diego need to speak out and get moving to do something about that. We all must speak out and demand that English is made our official language -- AND ENFORCED!
Hi Rebel.

#5 Jul 14, 2008
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Rebel.
Hey girl! About time for bed here...long days!
K u l t u r k a m p f

Lakewood, NJ

#6 Jul 14, 2008
Rebel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey girl! About time for bed here...long days!
I allow you to take an extra half-dozen quaaludes tonight. A gift.
ROTFLMAO
Daisy

Newark, CA

#7 Jul 15, 2008
K u l t u r k a m p f wrote:
<quoted text>I allow you to take an extra half-dozen quaaludes tonight. A gift.
ROTFLMAO
Seeking attention again? You're a low-life thats all....ROTFLMAO!!
roberto

AOL

#8 Jul 15, 2008
Rebel wrote:
<quoted text>
San diego is ran by us mexicans, u will Never see a change for the legal Americans here.. we over power you now..this our lands, its to late, we here to stay..now go feed ur chickens
plopsdad

Brighton, MI

#9 Jul 15, 2008
roberto wrote:
<quoted text>San diego is ran by us mexicans, u will Never see a change for the legal Americans here.. we over power you now..this our lands, its to late, we here to stay..now go feed ur chickens
spoke the chickenshit form aol
Lola

Orange City, FL

#10 Jul 15, 2008
I am not insecure. It is disrespectful to come here and demand to keep your own language and culture. No other group was allowed to do this.

Illegals are not immigrants. This is a mass migration of people from an overpopulated, third world country. Lumping immigrants and illegals together is unfair to those who follow the rules. The government wants to exploit a vulnerable, uneducated class of people. This is wrong. When someone breaks the law, there are consequences.

We should do the same as Mexico. Their laws make sense. What is wrong with our politicians?

If you migrate to their county, you must speak the national language.

There are no special bilingual programs in schools, and no bilingual voting.

All government business must be done in the common national language.

Foreigners do NOT have a right to vote, no matter how long they live there.

Foreigners shall NEVER be permitted to hold any political office.

Foreigners cannot be a burden to the taxpayers. No welfare, no food stamps, no health care, nor other government assistance programs.

Foreigners may invest in the country, but it must be an amount equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.

If foreigners do come and want to buy land, it will be permitted, BUT options will be restricted. You cannot own waterfront property. That is reserved for natural citizens born in their country.

Foreigners may -NOT- protest: NO demonstrations, NO waving of foreign flags, NO political organizing, no badmouthing of its national policies. If you do, you will be sent back to your home country.

If you come to their country illegally, you will be hunted down and sent to jail.

Sound harsh? Insensitive? Inhumane?

Those are the immigration laws of MEXICO!

#11 Jul 15, 2008
roberto wrote:
<quoted text>San diego is ran by us mexicans, u will Never see a change for the legal Americans here.. we over power you now..this our lands, its to late, we here to stay..now go feed ur chickens
LMAO Yeah, whatever you say. Your post is proof positive that you "Mexicans" don't have enough brains (all put together, even) to run anything, much less a whole city...forget a whole country.

Keep dreaming, butt munch.
Alleycat79

Las Vegas, NV

#12 Jul 15, 2008
roberto wrote:
After reading this,I doubt you could run a vacuum cleaner without hurting yourself. Try proof-reading your sentences before you post. I can read around some typos,but this is ridiculous.
K u l t u r k a m p f

Lakewood, NJ

#13 Jul 15, 2008
Daisy wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeking attention again? You're a low-life thats all....ROTFLMAO!!
OK, you can have her Quaaludes
Sinajuavi

Morgantown, WV

#14 Jul 16, 2008
The USA CAME to the Southwest...and brought their language, culture and an apartheid system in which Mexicans were 3rd class citizens for generations.

SPANISH (Castilian) is a far more native language in that territory than is English.

I think that the habitually obese, spoiled and immature crybaby Yanks need to get off their immense asses and learn another language besides the truncated English they currently speak.
Glory

La Puente, CA

#15 Jul 16, 2008
I think you need to go back to your own country. Judging from your name, you are not American. Gee....isn't that stereotyping.....just like you did in your post?

Since: Apr 07

San Antonio Texas

#16 Jul 16, 2008
Sinajuavi wrote:
The USA CAME to the Southwest...and brought their language, culture and an apartheid system in which Mexicans were 3rd class citizens for generations.
SPANISH (Castilian) is a far more native language in that territory than is English.
I think that the habitually obese, spoiled and immature crybaby Yanks need to get off their immense asses and learn another language besides the truncated English they currently speak.
You are so right.Thats woruben ich spechen sie deutsche. Do hast a bieten messen sagen? As for your "obese" comment. The United States and mexico battle being the number one fattest country.

#17 Jul 16, 2008
Sinajuavi wrote:
LMAO! And Paysucks/SinusGravy still lives and still spews forth his nonsensical crap. About up to your neck in it by now, aren't you?

I think Mexicans do well enough all on their own to keep the "third world" title. If they didn't like that, they'd be working to make things better for themselves. Aren't you supposed to be down there helping them? I mean, you are awfully concerned with everything about them.

No matter, the fact remains that NO ONE - not Mexicans, Europeans, Africans, Martians from outer space, or anyone else - is allowed to be in this country illegally.

Go sniff some more gravy and maybe you'll eventually drown in it.
Alleycat79

Las Vegas, NV

#18 Jul 16, 2008
Sinajuavi wrote:
Spanish is not a native language of Mexico. The Spanish they try to hang onto is based on European Spanish. The same way American English is based on old world English . They should be trying to hang onto Nahautl,that is a native language. You would probably have to look long and hard to find a Mexican that can speak it. It will probably fade away in a few years. If someone wants to learn Spanish,this is fine with me. However they shouldn't have to learn it to survive in the United States.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#19 Jul 16, 2008
roberto wrote:
Well, now we know why it's a 3rd world shithole extension of mexico.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The University of Findlay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Corbin, Hooks Set for Run-off in Treutlen Count... (Jul '08) Aug '11 yep 379
Mom's smoking tied to oral birth defect (Jul '08) Jun '11 MyAdvocates 6
Gays Should Understand the Religious, and Vice ... (Jul '08) May '10 LuLu Ford 452
Springdale Har-Ber coach arrested in rapes (Jul '08) Apr '10 player 18
Cold Case: Investigators try to identify girl f... (Jul '08) Jan '10 Saddened 54
Seven Coronation Lakalaka will not include Tata... (Jul '08) Oct '09 Da Man 100
Cyprus airport bus service to be introduced (Aug '08) Aug '09 Anna 10

The University of Findlay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE