Boy banned from kindergarten because ...

Boy banned from kindergarten because of long hair

There are 1521 comments on the 9NEWS story from Jul 16, 2008, titled Boy banned from kindergarten because of long hair. In it, 9NEWS reports that:

A Texas school board will soon decide if a boy's long hair should keep him from attending school.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 9NEWS.

First Prev
of 77
Next Last

Since: Dec 07

Palestine, TX

#1 Jul 16, 2008
Hey, you allow that, then it's gonna be Shriek tatoos! Durn little thugs!

“How's about a kiss?”

Since: Jun 08

BFE

#2 Jul 16, 2008
Wow, the school would not be impressed with my nephew then...he has long black hair, with 2 red streaks in the front, ear pierced...pants with chains and bondage.....and he wears Goth make-up....what's so wrong with kids expressing how and who they are??? Let the kids be themselves, as long as it isn't harmful to others, maybe we wouldn't have so many damn school shootings.

“THE DEVIL DOGS ARE GOING TO DC”

Since: May 08

Portland, Oregon

#3 Jul 16, 2008
I went to school in the late 60's, early 70's, and I had long hair most of the time. When did this become a problem? At one time, maybe the 6th grade, I had hair down to my ass. I would think they would ban the gross piercings these kids have now days. Hell, Jesus had long hair.
Jeffrey

Malden, MA

#4 Jul 16, 2008
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
Hey, you allow that, then it's gonna be Shriek tatoos! Durn little thugs!
Also, Durn little bugs!

“Yum Chocolate!”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#5 Jul 16, 2008
What the rule about "No Kid Left Behind" now does not include boys with long hair???

“goodby”

Rome, NY

#6 Jul 16, 2008
thats a bunch of crap , next thing you know they will be calling long hair on a boy child abuse, i cant stand people who have to tell others how to live. i suppose a girl would get kicked out if she shaved her haed too cause it bugged some one.
carla

Washington, DC

#7 Jul 16, 2008
i thought america was a free country i guess not
Jeffrey

Malden, MA

#8 Jul 16, 2008
Did you see this kid?. He looks like a girl..I don't think a boy should look like a girl.

“THE DEVIL DOGS ARE GOING TO DC”

Portland, Oregon

#9 Jul 16, 2008
Jeffrey wrote:
Did you see this kid?. He looks like a girl..I don't think a boy should look like a girl.
I didn't see the picture of him. I wonder if Liberace looked like a girl when he was a kid?
Jeffrey

Malden, MA

#10 Jul 16, 2008
I didn't see the picture of him, but i hate to see it become accepted...it scares me!

“goodby”

Rome, NY

#11 Jul 16, 2008
Jeffrey wrote:
I didn't see the picture of him, but i hate to see it become accepted...it scares me!
It scares you? OH NO !!!!! long hair ..... RUN!

so what if he looks like a girl ? ive seen lots of women teachers who look like old men . now thats scarry . your one of those controll freaks that want every one to live according to your specifications this IS a free county.

you hope it dosnt become accepted . well im accepting it . I accept differce, its called tolerance .
jeff

United States

#12 Jul 16, 2008
hes got something else thats long too

“Das raht!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#13 Jul 16, 2008
Nothing wrong here.
jeff

United States

#14 Jul 16, 2008
hes from texas im suprised cps didnt take all the kids in custody...
when will they ever learn i thought waco and oklahoma city taught them a lesson...guess not

“Let her cry, for she's a Lady”

Since: Apr 08

Let her dream, she's a Child

#15 Jul 16, 2008
My BF is a Texan (no one is perfect I often tell him) he had long hair (still does, woohoo) at least in High School, I have no clue about before that.

My son has long hair, we are Lakota, and he went through K-12th with long hair, in California (Orange County K-9th, Santa Cruz 9th-12th) and no one said a thing. It never occurred to me that long hair on a boy/man was unusual.

Hell, my hair was nearly to my ankles as a child, til my biological mother had some sort of breakdown and cut it like Dorothy Hamil. Now I can't stand it once it gets to my waist, and I cut it. Well, I can't anymore, my BF won't let me. BLAH. But baby, it was all dead ends! I think he is catching on, darn it.

United States

#16 Jul 16, 2008
It must be Kate Hudson's son that's being talked about. LOL. I loove long hair on guys, esp. Nat. American men, or Spanish men, but some little boys DO look like girls. I know they get teased mercilessly, but it's no fricking reason to kick them out of school. Kindergarten...c'mon. He didn't even know what the hell he'd done.

“1943-2013”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#17 Jul 16, 2008
If the girls can have long hair,

so can he.

Zach_Z

Porter, TX

#18 Jul 16, 2008
I went through HS in Texas in the 80's - we had long hair, no one cared. hell, our school had a student smoking section outside.
meg

North Bergen, NJ

#19 Jul 16, 2008
this poor kid is being tortured for being himself....oh well get him used to people trying to impose their own conformities and fears now.
hometown girl

White House, TN

#20 Jul 16, 2008
While I don't believe that boys should have long hair, what gives the school the right to tell a child what length their hair can or can't be. This is getting ridicioulous, what's next a child can't go to school because they have a unibrow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 77
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The College of Wooster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Corbin, Hooks Set for Run-off in Treutlen Count... (Jul '08) Jun '16 cemyamsmith 381
News College to spin off Ohio Light Opera (Nov '09) Jun '11 Tina 4
News Mom's smoking tied to oral birth defect (Jul '08) Jun '11 MyAdvocates 6
News Christian cowboy spreading good news (Jul '08) Jan '11 umm 5
News Springdale Har-Ber coach arrested in rapes (Jul '08) Apr '10 player 18
News Cold Case: Investigators try to identify girl f... (Jul '08) Jan '10 Saddened 54
News Seven Coronation Lakalaka will not include Tata... (Jul '08) Oct '09 Da Man 100
More from around the web