Monaco Coach recalls several 2006-200...

Monaco Coach recalls several 2006-2008 MOTORHOMES

There are 21 comments on the www.totalrecallinfo.com story from Jul 12, 2008, titled Monaco Coach recalls several 2006-2008 MOTORHOMES. In it, www.totalrecallinfo.com reports that:

Make / Models : Model/Build Years: HOLIDAY RAMBLER / ARISTA 2006-2008 HOLIDAY RAMBLER / ATLANTIS SE 2006-2008 SAFARI / IVORY SE 2006-2008 SAFARI / PASSAGE 2006-2008 Manufacturer : MONACO COACH CORPORATION Mfr's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.totalrecallinfo.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
laura and george matheson

Canada

#1 Aug 27, 2008
We bought a new 2007 model arista holiday rambler motor home in Feb 2008. In this first 6 months we have had every major and minor problem possible happen and have only been able to use it a total of 7 weeks. We have three pages of issues that we have waited for repair or service etc etc.
We have had water leakage, pump, electrical, hydraulic jacks gas oven and electrical panel with wiring melted due to over heating issues that would take more space to explain. Iam afraid to use this vehicle. What is our course of action???
former in service tech

Glen Allen, VA

#2 Aug 31, 2008
the only thing i can say is take it to the factory NOT your dealer. the words "lawer ,lawsuit,lemon"all work well if you do not get the service you like or want.i have worked on many arista's and have not seen the amount of trouble you are haveing.
BEAVER1

United States

#3 Oct 8, 2008
Being a former service tech, what manufacturer do you favor ??
former in service tech wrote:
the only thing i can say is take it to the factory NOT your dealer. the words "lawer ,lawsuit,lemon"all work well if you do not get the service you like or want.i have worked on many arista's and have not seen the amount of trouble you are haveing.
l and g matheson Calgary

Woodland, CA

#4 Jan 10, 2009
We continue to have problems with the new 2007 model arista HR monaco RV. I used to say that, after all the problems previously mentioned and which has taken months to address,that at least the wheels still go round and the motor works. Well.... we are attempting another holiday, and find ourselves having spent extra days in Portland where they changed out the fuel filter to correct the engine light. Well we are now in Yreka Ca and the engine light happened again.The Ford dealer here has to bring in a fuel pump as they think IT may be the problem. Im wondering what else is going to happen as the V10 gas engine is supposed to be ripe with problems if the web is correct. Good thing it is still warrented although monaco will not honor an extension on a ford motor and certainly not on the coach. Its so much fun being us!!!! Hooped!
James

Hacienda Heights, CA

#5 Jan 13, 2009
On my 2007 Monaco Holiday Rambler Neptune with 14,000 miles on it has had the windshield pop loose and leak water on to the dashboard 5 times now, was repaired twice at factory service centers and twice at dealerships, is loose again. The front fiberglass end cap has stressed cracked, the front left fender has broken loose 3 times, repaired twice at the factory service centers. Has had approx. 50 less serious warranty repairs since May of 2007. A real piece of JUNK.
Johndeereboy

United States

#6 Feb 19, 2009
Monaco coach have some great products,the service center in Oregon is the best place to get repairs and I mean the BEST, We were going back to Alberta last year and stopped at a MONACO Dealer in Calgary Alberta, GUARRENTY RV . THEY TOLD ME YOU DID NOT BUY HERE WE DO NOT REPAIR. WHAT A TERRABLE COMPANY, WHAT happens when the Calgary people they go to Arizona and break down the deals would be happy to repair the coach, DONT buy in Calgary at GUARRENTY RV
MIKE G

Marietta, GA

#7 Mar 2, 2009
MONACO COACH FAILED DUE TO GROWING TO BIG, TO FAST AND KAY TOOLSEN IS A WORTHLESS PIECE OF GARBAGE. IF THEIR CUSTOMERS WANT TO KNOW WHY THEIR COACHES ARE FALLING APART, ITS BECAUSE OF THE LARGE DRUG USE WITHIN THE COMPANY!**I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I WORKED FOR MONACO COACH IN ALL DEPARTMENTS AND SEEN IT ALL!!**
GOOD LUCK TO MONACO COACHES CUSTOMERS.
ex-monaco phone tech

Newaygo, MI

#8 Mar 3, 2009
MIKE G wrote:
MONACO COACH FAILED DUE TO GROWING TO BIG, TO FAST AND KAY TOOLSEN IS A WORTHLESS PIECE OF GARBAGE. IF THEIR CUSTOMERS WANT TO KNOW WHY THEIR COACHES ARE FALLING APART, ITS BECAUSE OF THE LARGE DRUG USE WITHIN THE COMPANY!**I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I WORKED FOR MONACO COACH IN ALL DEPARTMENTS AND SEEN IT ALL!!**
GOOD LUCK TO MONACO COACHES CUSTOMERS.
Wow you worked in ALL Monaco Departments? your my hero! Jack ass
jerry b wi

AOL

#9 Mar 3, 2009
WE have a 2007 neptune Hr. Headlight fell out windshield wipers fell out ,backup camera fell out ,slideing doors fall off just about every trip. That is a few things the list gets a whole lot bigger also. Someone said lawyer or lemon law ,well ive been involved in that for 6 months now . With no end in sight ,Except now if they go out of bus. then there is nothing to do at all.
carl b

Columbia, SC

#10 Mar 6, 2009
Jerry I had problems with my Neptune spent days, no weeks at Lazydays getting fixed. Had bolts coming up thru floor in bedroom. by the the time we got to south carolina they were up again. found tony's rv parts and service, inc. in Lexington sc. they were great delt with monaco and did the repairs the right way the first time. sorry to sound like a commerical but was happy to get my coach working they way it should. I use it to travel for business and can't stand hotels.
jerry b wi wrote:
WE have a 2007 neptune Hr. Headlight fell out windshield wipers fell out ,backup camera fell out ,slideing doors fall off just about every trip. That is a few things the list gets a whole lot bigger also. Someone said lawyer or lemon law ,well ive been involved in that for 6 months now . With no end in sight ,Except now if they go out of bus. then there is nothing to do at all.
PatandBill

Carnesville, GA

#11 Mar 7, 2009
We have a 2006 HR Ambassador that wa bought new in 2007. Most problems have been resolved but the 2 biggest have not. We have outside air coming in the coach when moving. Very cold in the winter and hot in the summer. So far no one can find the leak. Also the fuel gauge stopped working...no warning. We ran out of diesel on a recent trip! Now that Monaco has filed chapter 11 looks like we are on our own! Had a Fleetwood Discovery before and never had problems like this.
lee r

Meridian, MS

#13 Mar 9, 2010
We have a 2007 Monaco LaPalma diesel pusher. When we drive it, all the gauges, except for the fuel gauge, go out. We have been on a long vacation for the last four months and every day that we have driven the vehicle, the gauges go out, usually after an hour or so of driving. When we stop and turn off the vehicle then turn it back on, the gauges are fine. Does anyone know what may be wrong with the vehicle. Thank you very much.
ex monaco employee

Seffner, FL

#14 May 13, 2010
lee r wrote:
We have a 2007 Monaco LaPalma diesel pusher. When we drive it, all the gauges, except for the fuel gauge, go out. We have been on a long vacation for the last four months and every day that we have driven the vehicle, the gauges go out, usually after an hour or so of driving. When we stop and turn off the vehicle then turn it back on, the gauges are fine. Does anyone know what may be wrong with the vehicle. Thank you very much.
check the grounds on the starter that is where all the main grounds are
Steve

Morganton, NC

#15 Oct 12, 2010
If Monaco had not changed from Eaton electrical products to Siemans a few years ago, perhaps these recalls cold have been avoided. There are times when the lowest bidder is not the best choice. this may have been one of those times.
Dardan

Irving, TX

#16 Dec 10, 2010
We had an '02 Monaco Dynasty that burned in '06. Cause was unknown, except that it started in the rear engine compartment while on the road. Has anyone else experienced this problem or are there any lawsuits pending?
Shyloh Jacobs

Provo, UT

#17 Jan 7, 2011
When I lived in a trailer court it was scary. As if the neighborhood wasn't bad the landlord was neglectful and the residential electrical lines had been cut, disrupted or damaged so nearly anyone had any electrical power. http://www.seltrekelectricalsolutions.ca
Chill

Omaha, NE

#18 Jan 19, 2013
Dardan wrote:
We had an '02 Monaco Dynasty that burned in '06. Cause was unknown, except that it started in the rear engine compartment while on the road. Has anyone else experienced this problem or are there any lawsuits pending?
We recently bought a 2003 monaco dynasty and while bringing it from flordia to Nebraska we had a fire in the engine compartment, we had stopped for fuel and were able to put the fire out. 32K in damage, repair facility said they believe a house battery shorted out. We had no damage to engine but burned electrical panel and wiring
tldandys

Denver, CO

#19 Jul 28, 2015
07 Monaco dynasty windshield wiper arms are always coming off, had it to dealer during warrantee multiple times only to fall off again and again
Donna Olmstead

Brandon, FL

#20 Sep 2, 2015
We bought a 2008 Safari Damara used at Lazy Days Tampa. The roof overhanging the cab is separating from the main roof. We don't know where to turn if the techs at Lazy Days don't know how to repair it properly. Was this a problem with this coach?
CinnerRV

Portland, OR

#22 Apr 7, 2016
Omg! I just purchased a 2007 Holiday Rambler Atlantis. It only has 22,000 miles on it and the test drive was great. What have I done? Why the recall? Is it for the Motorhome itself or for parts?
I'm feeling sick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The College of Idaho Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Corbin, Hooks Set for Run-off in Treutlen Count... (Jul '08) Jun '16 cemyamsmith 381
News Boy banned from kindergarten because of long hair (Jul '08) Jul '15 andet1987 1,521
News Mom's smoking tied to oral birth defect (Jul '08) Jun '11 MyAdvocates 6
News Springdale Har-Ber coach arrested in rapes (Jul '08) Apr '10 player 18
News Seven Coronation Lakalaka will not include Tata... (Jul '08) Oct '09 Da Man 100
News Cyprus airport bus service to be introduced (Aug '08) Aug '09 Anna 10
News Drug Detox and Rehab May Finally Replace Methad... (Jul '08) May '09 NANCY 140
More from around the web