New 911 System for DeFuniak Springs

New 911 System for DeFuniak Springs

There are 20 comments on the WJHG-TV Panama City story from Jul 18, 2008, titled New 911 System for DeFuniak Springs. In it, WJHG-TV Panama City reports that:

If you have an emergency in DeFuniak Springs the police department might get there quicker thanks to a new 911 system installed today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJHG-TV Panama City.

Proof in print

United States

#1 Jul 18, 2008
Wooweee!!! PROOF POSITIVE !!!!! Right there in black and white for all to see. Whats mike gonna do now, deny the whole thing ever happened or accuse poeple of attacking his men again?
Mike brought this system here for the PD ONLY, and still campaigns for sheriff promising to work together more for better service. Hes a real pro at talking out of both sides of his mouth. Just like the days of old!
Hey mike, your family tree is showing!
laughing hill

United States

#2 Jul 18, 2008
Instead of joining forces with the county to help update and upgrade the entire system so all poeple can benefit from it, mike decides to draw a line and waste money by buying a seperate system.
YUP...... fiscla responsibility alright.

he's right. Like days of old. His bloodline IS showing.
the watcher number 1

Laurel Hill, FL

#3 Jul 18, 2008
Hey, give him a break, when this stuf was bought he was promising not to run for sheriff this time.
laughing hill

United States

#4 Jul 18, 2008
the watcher number 1 wrote:
Hey, give him a break, when this stuf was bought he was promising not to run for sheriff this time.
yeah, just dont queston him about it. he'll blow a gasket.
He'll say he's not a lair, he just mis-spoke when he gave his word.

just like the bloodline. remember?
independent voter

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#5 Jul 22, 2008
A little research would show you this system was purchased with grant money. If you dial 911 County EMS responds -- the grant money purchased a systems that will integrate with EMS and allow for a smooth hand off when the 911 call requires PD support. It does not replace the 911 the county runs nor does it stand alone it makes it possible for the two government entities to work cohesively. County government did not update the PD system when they updated theirs, however, it appears with the grant money the PD was able to stay in coordination with that new 911. I would say it looks like MIke Adkinson showed foresight and cooperation with county government to have accomplished this.

A grant can take nearly a year to obtain, so it could not have been a last minute purchase. I would say that Mike Adkinson and the DeFuniak Springs City Officers need an atta boy for having the foresight to obtain this grant!

Since: Apr 08

Dothan, AL

#6 Jul 22, 2008
independent voter wrote:
A little research would show you this system was purchased with grant money.
I'm sure glad it was grant money and not taxpayer money. ;-)
country gall

Chipley, FL

#7 Jul 23, 2008
does anyone have anything better to do then complain??
country whatever

United States

#9 Jul 23, 2008
country gall wrote:
does anyone have anything better to do then complain??
maybe its frustration over how blindly people are willing to put support without checking even one claim made by candidates. maybe were tired of the lies by candidiates. Mybe were tired of misleading false statements by candidiates. Is all YOU have to do is complain about complaining? get involved. see whos telling the truth. see whou you wasnt to trust with the most pwerful position in the county.
bet your bottom dollar

Chipley, FL

#10 Jul 24, 2008
don't get lost in the words "grant money" it is still your tax dollars and mine too....
country gall

Chipley, FL

#11 Jul 24, 2008
country whatever wrote:
<quoted text>maybe its frustration over how blindly people are willing to put support without checking even one claim made by candidates. maybe were tired of the lies by candidiates. Mybe were tired of misleading false statements by candidiates. Is all YOU have to do is complain about complaining? get involved. see whos telling the truth. see whou you wasnt to trust with the most pwerful position in the county.
well i hate to burst your bubble but i work with 911 and i kno alot more than u so unless u know first hand why dont u just mind your own business. worry about someone elses buisness k

Since: Apr 08

Dothan, AL

#12 Jul 24, 2008
country gall wrote:
<quoted text>
well i hate to burst your bubble but i work with 911 and i kno alot more than u so unless u know first hand why dont u just mind your own business. worry about someone elses buisness k
So are you saying that unless we "work with" a particular taxpayer funded system, we, as taxpayers, have no right to comment on it? That insider attitude is exactly why government programs need public oversight and comment.
country gall

Chipley, FL

#13 Jul 24, 2008
oh my god. u act like theres only a certain few who pay taxes. WRONG its life get over it. why dont yall complain about people who murder, or still little kids ok.
OH MY

Crestview, FL

#14 Jul 24, 2008
country gall wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad I do not have to rely on your services because you SCARE me with your spelling & grammar but especially your attitude!
upset with wcso

United States

#15 Jul 24, 2008
The entire 911 program is ran by the "good ole boy" system. It all depends on who you know or who you...nevermind. The hen house at the EOC is just as twisted as any other government office in DeFuniak. You see from the above posts, you don't get in there by education or experience. You can really step on some toes if you start asking questions about 911/WCFR.
the watcher number 1

Laurel Hill, FL

#16 Jul 24, 2008
country gall wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope that you are lying about "working in 911" because as bad as you type and spell, we are in deep trouble if you are sending the help.
the watcher number 1

Laurel Hill, FL

#17 Jul 24, 2008
I hear that one of the "chief hens" is a big "supporter" of the "big chief."
the watcher number 1

Laurel Hill, FL

#18 Jul 24, 2008
That would be the DFSPDBS chief if you're wondering. The age old get your buddy elected and get a cushy job tactic. lolololololol
whut z hyding

United States

#20 Jul 24, 2008
vote for mike and it will be like the days of quinn all over again. Blood is thicker than water
whut z hyding

United States

#21 Jul 24, 2008
country gall wrote:
oh my god. why dont yall complain about people who murder, or steel little kids, ok?
because the man you support for sheriff has no experience in real life law enforcement and is a liar.
dont repeat history

United States

#22 Jul 26, 2008
I was at the DAV and just heard the kiwanis, nights of columbus, dav, vfw and other local orgs. have been solicited by miks group to advtertise thay they suppport him in the sheriff race. This SO underhanded but becoming to be a trademark of his. THEY are supposed to independantly make the choice, not get solicited for it. Seems like quin is ruinning mikes campaign.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The College of Idaho Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Monaco Coach recalls several 2006-2008 MOTORHOMES (Aug '08) Jul 28 tldandys 18
News Boy banned from kindergarten because of long hair (Jul '08) Jul '15 andet1987 1,521
News Corbin, Hooks Set for Run-off in Treutlen Count... (Jul '08) Aug '11 yep 379
News Mom's smoking tied to oral birth defect (Jul '08) Jun '11 MyAdvocates 6
News Springdale Har-Ber coach arrested in rapes (Jul '08) Apr '10 player 18
News Seven Coronation Lakalaka will not include Tata... (Jul '08) Oct '09 Da Man 100
News Cyprus airport bus service to be introduced (Aug '08) Aug '09 Anna 10
More from around the web