Democrats Are Weighing More Tax Rebates, Pelosi Says

Jul 15, 2008 | Posted by: Mr_Bill | Full story: www.bloomberg.com

We will be proceeding with another stimulus package

Congressional Democrats are considering a second round of rebates to taxpayers, saying the benefits of the first checks sent to more than 100 million households this year are being eroded by rising energy ...

Comments
101 - 104 of 104 Comments Last updated Aug 4, 2008
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Devil Dog

Goodyear, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
There's one born every minute. You were your minute's.
I guess you don't read the news, but your insults keep coming.
Devil Dog

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2008

Dajokerman wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, all because it is the democrats that are going to be cleaning up your party's mess doesn't give you a green light to b!tch about it.
Not bitching. Just wondering how your candidate proposes to raise taxes yet bring down the price of oil.

It was Bush who, in one speech, on energy and lifting the offshore drilling ban brought down the prices in the last two weeks. Look it up when his speech was given in front of reporters (and their subsequent questions), and the time when prices started falling.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2008

Devil Dog wrote:
<quoted text>Not bitching. Just wondering how your candidate proposes to raise taxes yet bring down the price of oil.
It was Bush who, in one speech, on energy and lifting the offshore drilling ban brought down the prices in the last two weeks. Look it up when his speech was given in front of reporters (and their subsequent questions), and the time when prices started falling.
If Bush is so powerful and could so easily bring down the price of oil with one speech and with lifting the executive order against offshore drilling (put in place by his father, BTW) why did it take him so long?

I do believe lifting the ban helped, but so did the American people by reducing their use of gasoline so significantly. If we can keep that up, I think we can drive down the price of oil even further.
owww

North Brunswick, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2008

Individualist wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps, while I wait for dajokerman, you can enlighten me...
How are the Republicans to blame?
And if the Democrats are going to "clean it up":
1) Why haven't they implemented the "secret plan" they said they had in the last election?
2) Why do they, and all their minions, continue to oppose creating more supply?
3) Why are the Democrats doing their best to pass legislation making it MUCH MORE difficult to create more supply? EXAMPLE: Ken Salazar is pushing legislation making it almost impossiblr to mine for oil shale?
4) Why aren't the Democrats pushing for NEW technology?
5) Vehicles that run on everything from compressed air (mfg Tata), Hydrogen (mfg BMW, Chrysler and more) and even WATER (at least 2 different companies in Japan are in the process of bringing such cars to mass market.) Why aren't environmentalists, Democrats and other so-called "Liberals" talking about ANY of that???
The GOP is to blame, simply, because their policies put us in the hole we are now in. In spite of the BS, they can't blame "Clinton" or "Gore."

The Democrats have not delivered because Bush is still president; and he still controlls the agenda, with the Senate Democrats having less than the 60 votes to bring a measure to the floor; or the 67 votes to override a veto.

Wait until next year for the Democrats to deliver, when they have the votes to assume control. Now, the GOP is acting as "spoiler."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent The College of Idaho Discussions

Search the The College of Idaho Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Monaco Coach recalls several 2006-2008 MOTORHOMES (Aug '08) Jan '13 Chill 17
Corbin, Hooks Set for Run-off in Treutlen Count... (Jul '08) Aug '11 yep 379
Mom's smoking tied to oral birth defect (Jul '08) Jun '11 MyAdvocates 6
Springdale Har-Ber coach arrested in rapes (Jul '08) Apr '10 player 18
Seven Coronation Lakalaka will not include Tata... (Jul '08) Oct '09 Da Man 100
Cyprus airport bus service to be introduced (Aug '08) Aug '09 Anna 10
Drug Detox and Rehab May Finally Replace Methad... (Jul '08) May '09 NANCY 140
•••
•••