Fans speak out on Texas Tech's firing of head coach Mike Leach

Dec 31, 2009 Full story: Lubbock Avalanche-Journal

The following are some of the hundreds of comments posted on redraiders.com and lubbockonline.com , with comments culled from Facebook at the end: "This is a dark day for Tech football.

Full Story
Tech Fan

Lubbock, TX

#2 Jan 3, 2010
No matter which side is taken regarding the firing of Coach Leach it is pretty sad that the controversy and turmoil trumped the awsome win our HOME team gave us at the Alamo Bowl. Shouldn't the team that worked hard, blocked out the media and arguements that have persisted rather than focusing on theg game have been front page news? In past times a Bowl Win would have been front page news with follow up in the sports section. The controversial matters will go on for several months but the immedite triumph of the game should have been the first and formost support from Lubbock!
bjreed -

Arlington, TX

#4 Jan 4, 2010
I, also, am very happy that TTU won the game under adverse circumstances. However, Mich St also had adverse situation. Proud to see the Raiders step up to the line. Where does that leave us in the coach situation? TTU probably had cause to fire Leach in the past, but not over this bogus deal. They will pay through the nose for this fiasco. I cannot imagine any self-respecting coach would agree to come to TT and have to deal with Myers/Hance/Regents (PAST, as well as present). And on that note, how in the world does a past regent have so much pull? Is the Tech Board that weak?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Tech Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rep. Cesar Blanco files bill for Texas Tech con... 4 hr L Morales 3
Whirling Dervishes of Rumi 'mesmerize' Lubbockites 18 hr SpaceBlues 1
Former AG Gonzales pushes education (Feb '10) Jan 16 swedenforever 7
Petition Seeks to Get Posthumous Degree for Tex... Dec '14 Donny Brook 1
Former U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales s... (Aug '10) Dec '14 swedenforever 4
Expert discusses concealed carry on college cam... Nov '14 Tory II 1
Local group hopes to revisit decade-old convers... Sep '14 Dr Reker s Bellhop 9
More from around the web