New study will measure dogs' usefulne...

New study will measure dogs' usefulness to vets with PTSD

There are 1 comment on the Air Force Times story from May 28, 2014, titled New study will measure dogs' usefulness to vets with PTSD. In it, Air Force Times reports that:

Air Force Chief Master Sgt. Richard Simonsen, who has been diagnosed with PTSD, hugs his service dog, Yoko, at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, Washington, D.C. VA is restarting a study to measure the effectiveness of trained service dogs in easing PTSD symptoms.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Air Force Times.

Viet Nam Veteran

Chillicothe, OH

#1 May 28, 2014
The use of Service Dogs can be one of the greatest benefits to those in need that I have ever seen. I helped prepare K9s for their specialized training. The problem that I repeatedly saw was people who falsely claimed their mutts were properly trained Service Animals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Texas headlines so bizarre you'll think they're... Jun '16 Fundieraisers 3
News Canada mass school shooting: How often does thi... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Agenda 21 1
News Good Morning (Oct '15) Oct '15 Morning farts 2
News After DWI Arrest, Texas Student Drives Bar... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Mitt s Airtight D... 4
Help a Bobcat ! Great Music (Apr '14) Apr '14 Simone 1
News It's time to outlaw hate speech. (Sep '13) Sep '13 snidley whiplash 3
News Video: Prosecution rests in Fort Hood case (Aug '13) Aug '13 Patriot 2
More from around the web