San Marcos bar hours extension passed...

San Marcos bar hours extension passed, now council must approve

There are 6 comments on the KVUE.com story from Nov 5, 2008, titled San Marcos bar hours extension passed, now council must approve. In it, KVUE.com reports that:

A long standing controversy in San Marcos may soon come to an end. Tuesday, voters approved a non-binding resolution to extend drinking hours at bars from midnight to 2am.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KVUE.com.

Anderson SIlva

Altamonte Springs, FL

#1 Nov 7, 2008
Sweeeeeeet!!! watch out lucy's!!!!
mr dynomite

Corpus Christi, TX

#2 Nov 12, 2008
hell yeah
Officer Lovin It

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Nov 16, 2008
Sweeeeet!! is right. I estimate we will have a huge boost in dwi revenue, because at 2am it's going to be a whole lot easier to sort the drunks from the legit traffic. Especially in San Marcos!
Of course, with extra drinking time before driving, there's prolly gonna be a few more deaths too. But, hey....you voted for it! Hope you don't regret your new "freedom."
Officer Lovin' It
College Girl

Seguin, TX

#4 Nov 17, 2008
Hey Officer Lovin It. This is actually a good thing. No it won't stop all people from driving drunk, but it will at lest help. It will prevent them from Driving drunk between cities, because there was a lot of them are doing. Trust me. i know. i was in a head on with one of those idiots, and three former friends of mine that live there do it. At lest this way b/c they are still in the same city they can take a cab or bus or have friends close by that can drive them. Hopefully on top of that good people or bar tenders will take the keys away from these drunken idiots.
tired of the bitching

Austin, TX

#5 May 26, 2009
ok people dont like the bars being open late get over it , its a good thing there will be more money comin in to this city instead of austin and like it or not bars here are mostly locally owned and they deserve the right to make a little extra cash , and to the cop thats is sitting there going this is great i get to lock more people up why do u be part of the solution and inform the people of this town about S.W.A.T instead of posting up by the stadium waiting to pull people over .
Devil Child

New Braunfels, TX

#7 Jun 30, 2009
Great..more drunk a-holes to keep San Marcos from being the fun it use to be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No Rapist Jan '17 Unattended 2
News Illegal Immigration: Would you report undocumen... Dec '16 Wildchild 150
News Texas governor vows cutting funds to 'sanctuary... Dec '16 Ben Ghazi 1
News Texas Gov. Greg Abbott vows to cut funding to s... Dec '16 Wildchild 1
News Trump win resets culture war debate on abortion... Nov '16 reality 2
News Thousands of Americans are protesting the outco... Nov '16 Larry 23
News A rose by another name was Texarkana (Jul '16) Aug '16 Inquisitor 6
More from around the web