Commerce Tigers 42, Bonham 6

Commerce Tigers 42, Bonham 6

There are 65 comments on the North Texas e-News story from Oct 18, 2009, titled Commerce Tigers 42, Bonham 6. In it, North Texas e-News reports that:

The Commerce Tigers pulled away from Bonham to lead 36-0 after three quarters en route to a 42-6 win in front of their hometown fans at Texas A&M University-Commerce Memorial Stadium on Friday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Texas e-News.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
remembering a better time

Whitewright, TX

#1 Oct 20, 2009
wow, commerce was 0-6 going in and they beat us by that much. What has happened to the program? This has to be one of the worst stretches Bonham has ever had over the last 4 years or so. What, haven't they won like one game in the past 3 years or something like that? How can you be that uncompetitive? At one time Bonham was a playoff staple, you could count on it for 9 or 10 years in a row in the mid 80's thru the early 90's and now it has come to this. Give me some hope!
Anonymous

Texarkana, AR

#2 Oct 24, 2009
Wow, another name for you! Good one.

Two years ago they won zero. Last year they won three. This year, gooseggs again. But they did play Van Alstyne and last night North Lamar tough, two teams that will be going to the playoffs.

Ronnie Hill basically killed the program, Larry McFarlin built it back up to respectability, but Hill stuck his nose in again and fired him, and then Hill said we "hit the jackpot" with John Hall. Anyone believe that? John Hall was the biggest waste of time and money that the athletics department has had outside of Ronnie Hill. Give Trompler some time, he can probably get it turned around in the next couple of years.

And I was on a couple of those playoff teams you speak of. Loy Dean had a "program" going back then. Good times!

Whitewright, TX

#3 Oct 24, 2009
well, I think that getting rid of Mcfarlin was a huge mistake. He was the best coach I had back in my playing days. He seemed to be having some success and got me interested again.
How did Hill get into the position he is in? He seems kinda clueless with some of these moves. I didn't keep up much for a long while and bringing back Mcfarlin got me interested again. I know Trompler and I hope he can turn things around. I look forward to Fridays meaning something around again.
Anonymous

Texarkana, AR

#4 Oct 25, 2009
Ronnie Hill came as an assistant I believe on Duke Christian's staff. Duke left and they promoted Hill to HC I believe. Hill's wife built up the volleyball program and that was the reason he was able to stick around as AD, just to have her stay. Now she has left and they have Hill still at AD. I heard they recently sold their house, that he is commuting from Royse City or somewhere down around there.

Rumor is that he's leaving at the end of this school year.
George

United States

#5 Nov 4, 2009
"Anonymous": The school board fired Larry Mac - not Ronnie Hill - and he was fired for reasons unrelated to his win/loss record. It doesn't matter who the coach is if the kids are unmotivated and don't care if they lose. And for the record, John Hall had a winning record before he came to Bonham and has one now in Orange Grove. Blaming our 3 yr. losing slump on Coach Hill (who is no longer AD) is like blaming our economy on George Bush....get a clue...
Anonymous

Texarkana, AR

#6 Nov 4, 2009
Where did I say Ronnie Hill was fired? Learn to read before you come on here popping off towards others. Ask anyone around town if they would rather have McFarlin or Hill still around. Wouldn't even be close.

I know why they had to pay McFarlin a big severance package, they let him go because he made a remark to the black guy. Big deal, the guy he made the remark to wasn't even offended.

But, you know it all. Do tell, do tell!
anon

Fort Worth, TX

#7 Nov 4, 2009
there goes anonymous with his famous "Go ask anyone around town" line

Glad we have a local ass to speak for the rest of us no matter what the issue.
Anonymous

Kirksville, MO

#8 Nov 4, 2009
Well, ask around then. Or stick them heads in the sand and act like it's not true.

Thank god we had more "local asses" that helped vote down an awful bond election and keep all the property owners from unnessarily having to foot a bill for that bond!
anon

Fort Worth, TX

#9 Nov 4, 2009
Anonymous wrote:
Well, ask around then. Or stick them heads in the sand and act like it's not true.
Thank god we had more "local asses" that helped vote down an awful bond election and keep all the property owners from unnessarily having to foot a bill for that bond!
you really are just a shithead aren't you. let me guess your one of the "good ole boys" i hear about. Got your hand in every cookie jar in town, an knows exactly what the public opinion is on every topic. i bet you type this crap just so you'll have something to read and do all day. why don't you run down to KFYN and start your own little public opinion spot and explain the issues to the town since your so knowledgable
Hankering

United States

#10 Nov 4, 2009
"Anonymous": you ignorant red-neck! No where in his post did "George" say that you said that Ronnie Hill was fired! Are you on meds? Do you sometimes forget to take them? If anyone reads these threads who has never been to Bonham, they must surely be impressed by you.....Good Grief!!
Anonymous

Texarkana, AR

#11 Nov 4, 2009
Haha! Stick 'dem heads in the sand. You are just flying off personal attacks and cannot refute anything I posted. Why don't you provide info to what you are disagreeing with? What did I post that wasn't accurate in the situation.

Whitewright, TX

#12 Nov 4, 2009
what is that suppost to mean? "Stick'dem heads in the sand". Not sure what your trying to say. How would you get that someone is sticking their heads in the sand. You have used that on more than one thread. Please explain. It really doesn't make any sense when refering back to the posts and responses on the threads. Please, enlighten me.
anon

Fort Worth, TX

#13 Nov 5, 2009
yes please enlighten us.... or feel free to walk into the the light
Anonymous

Kirksville, MO

#14 Nov 5, 2009
Hahaha! It's just a play on words of how I hear this guy in town talk. Sticking your head in the sand is an old saying, means act like you don't know something or know the truth, and it isn't really there or didn't really happen.
bonham born

Whitewright, TX

#15 Nov 5, 2009
Anonymous wrote:
Hahaha! It's just a play on words of how I hear this guy in town talk. Sticking your head in the sand is an old saying, means act like you don't know something or know the truth, and it isn't really there or didn't really happen.
we know what it means jackass, we just aren't following you and your hilarious humorings. You don't make a lot of sense with the way you are evidently trying to use the phrase. Are you sure you totally understand?
Anonymous

Kirksville, MO

#17 Nov 5, 2009
Uh-oh, man of many names has his head stuck in dat der sand again!

You need to hook up with George and tell me I am wrong on things and then look it up and when you find out that you have actually been talking out your butt.....stick dat head in da sand!!! LOL!
Sylvia

United States

#18 Nov 5, 2009
anonymous, do you have any real friends or do you just rant on these threads and think you have garnered any sort of respect? You, sir, are pathetic.....
Anonymous

Texarkana, AR

#19 Nov 6, 2009
Oh....I just rant on these threads and think I have garnered any sort of respect. I like to post false info that facts back me up, but it's false because some people argure and call me names and personally attack me, so the facts cannot and will not be correct.
anonymous is full of it

Whitewright, TX

#20 Nov 6, 2009
Anonymous wrote:
Oh....I just rant on these threads and think I have garnered any sort of respect. I like to post false info that facts back me up, but it's false because some people argure and call me names and personally attack me, so the facts cannot and will not be correct.
your facts?, your facts are kinda like the governments funny math.
Anonymous

Texarkana, AR

#21 Nov 6, 2009
Well, then you or George show something I have commented on that was wrong? Or are you just going to continue with personal attacks and continue to look foolish?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas A&M University Commerce Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News President of Texas A&M University-Commerce has ... Jun '16 KITTEN 8
News Scott Harvey gets Media Award (Jun '12) Oct '13 jiones33 4
News Final week for songwriters to enter Ruby Allmon... (Jun '12) Jul '12 Kenny Rogers 6
News April in Paris Fine Arts Festival, April 16 (Apr '11) Apr '11 And The Verdict Is 46
News Lesbian Removed From Dean Position At Texas A&M (Sep '10) Sep '10 Gay And Proud 39
News Bonham to receive honorary doctorate from A&M-C... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Sam 1
News Melanie Raleeh named as principal of new McKinn... (May '10) Jul '10 Peacock 3
More from around the web