Nearly a Third of Americans Are Arres...

Nearly a Third of Americans Are Arrested by 23, Study Says

There are 30 comments on the www.nytimes.com story from Dec 19, 2011, titled Nearly a Third of Americans Are Arrested by 23, Study Says. In it, www.nytimes.com reports that:

The study, the first since the 1960s to look at the arrest histories of a national sample of adolescents and young adults over time, found that 30.2 percent of the 23-year-olds who participated reported having been arrested for an offense other than a minor traffic violation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.nytimes.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#21 Dec 21, 2011
Marcus Bachmann s Poke wrote:
<quoted text>
Well at least you switched from your insane, disingenuous "all" to a more simply ignorant "few" who may be innocent.
Wow.
Whatever.

I've never been arrested because I've never broken any laws.

Cry over the criminals all you want.
Marcus Bachmann s Poke

Philadelphia, PA

#22 Dec 21, 2011
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever.
I've never been arrested because I've never broken any laws.
Cry over the criminals all you want.
You share in the fundie inability to grasp basic causality.

Just because you never broke a law - you say, you're old enough to have violated anti sodomy statutes - says absolutely nothing whatsoever about the discussion: People who may have been wrongly arrested.

And we know such people exist in large numbers.

Now go have your friendly chat with the racist, anti Semitic, Lawrroshite, pedo, imo, friend. Your grasp of reality equals his, apparently.

Tawas City, Michigan

#23 Dec 21, 2011
<quoted text>
You share in the fundie inability to grasp basic causality.
Just because you never broke a law - you say, you're old enough to have violated anti sodomy statutes - says absolutely nothing whatsoever about the discussion: People who may have been wrongly arrested.
And we know such people exist in large numbers.
Now go have your friendly chat with the racist, anti Semitic, Lawrroshite, pedo, imo, friend. Your grasp of reality equals his, apparently.
This has little to do with the few people wrongly arrested; it's about excusing criminal behavior.
Marcus Bachmann s Poke

Philadelphia, PA

#24 Dec 21, 2011
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
This has little to do with the few people wrongly arrested; it's about excusing criminal behavior.
I was speaking about your clear, bizarre denial of reality.

You're actually a right winger, I gather, based on your severe denial that the criminal justice system is another corrupt, for profit, power mad, incompetent bureaucracy, and that recognizing that is not tantamount to claiming all arrested people are actually innocent.

Not to mention your friendliness with the racist, sexist, anti Semitic pedo here.

Tawas City, Michigan

#25 Dec 22, 2011
<quoted text>
I was speaking about your clear, bizarre denial of reality.
You're actually a right winger, I gather, based on your severe denial that the criminal justice system is another corrupt, for profit, power mad, incompetent bureaucracy, and that recognizing that is not tantamount to claiming all arrested people are actually innocent.
Not to mention your friendliness with the racist, sexist, anti Semitic pedo here.
You'd gather incorrectly. I simply believe in following the law, and that in spite of the rare innocent person arrested, the overwhelming majority- 99.9%+ are indeed guilty. If you have any statistics which prove otherwise, feel free to provide them.
Brian Brown s Strappado

Philadelphia, PA

#26 Dec 22, 2011
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd gather incorrectly. I simply believe in following the law, and that in spite of the rare innocent person arrested, the overwhelming majority- 99.9%+ are indeed guilty. If you have any statistics which prove otherwise, feel free to provide them.
First of all, I bet you have broken some drug or sodomy law along the way.

99.9%? You're crazy when you make things up out of whole cloth. You can look at the stats for those on death row since the advent of widespread DNA testing to see how ignorant, lying and full of sht you are - and people on death row are the ones who supposedly went through the most rigorous, repetitive checks and balances.

Try the Innocence Project, moron.

You're basically Daniel P.

Tawas City, Michigan

#27 Dec 22, 2011
Brian Brown s Strappado wrote:
<quoted text>
99.9%? You're crazy when you make things up out of whole cloth. You can look at the stats for those on death row since the advent of widespread DNA testing to see how ignorant, lying and full of sht you are - and people on death row are the ones who supposedly went through the most rigorous, repetitive checks and balances.
And what percentage are they of all total arrests/convictions? Less than 0.1%.

Tawas City, Michigan

#28 Dec 22, 2011
Brian Brown s Strappado wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I looked at your "innocence project". A whole 280 convictions overturned over a 22 year period. In the words of the Shawshank Redemption, "everybody in here is innocent, my lawyer f-d me......"
Brian Brown s Strappado

Philadelphia, PA

#29 Dec 22, 2011
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I looked at your "innocence project". A whole 280 convictions overturned over a 22 year period. In the words of the Shawshank Redemption, "everybody in here is innocent, my lawyer f-d me......"
Hey moron, they're just getting started because they don't have unlimited money. They haven't looked at every - or even a significant percentage of - all cases.

And remember: Capital cases (supposedly) are the most double checked and vetted by the system. Whatever the error rate in those cases turns out to be, it will be far less than your ordinary, often slipshod or racist or arbitrary ones.

You are not an intellectually honest or terribly bright person and you never will be. How disgusting. You're as right wing and ignorant as any Tea Bagger.
break the

United States

#31 Dec 25, 2011
CRIMINALS LIKE OPEN BORDERS LIKE WELFARE .are money makers and job creators.until the people and government figures out who pays for all these social aberations,and who goes bankrupt first ,the public or the government. spending hundreds of thousands per NON PRODUCTIVE will just break the bank,like totally dude

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

SUNY Albany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UAlbany student facing trial in Halloween sexua... (Sep '16) Mar '17 Steve 4
News The state of residential solar power (Feb '17) Feb '17 Solarman 1
News Racial disparities persist in breast cancer (Nov '16) Nov '16 Margaret Sanger 3
News UAlbany Hate Crime Accusers Charged With Assaul... (Feb '16) Mar '16 Ozzie King Of Zyl... 4
News TU+ Authorities shared 'contradictory' statemen... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Bernard 1
News Cecil and Caitlyn heat up the Halloween costume... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Truth 1
News Tristin M. Buckstad (Jan '14) Aug '15 tjbuckstad-russo 2
More from around the web