McCain qualifies stand on gay adoption

Jul 15, 2008 Full story: blogs.usatoday.com 14

Last weekend, Republican John McCain told The New York Times he is against gay adoption.

Full Story
Eleanor

Mundelein, IL

#1 Jul 16, 2008
This makes NO SENSE to me. He says its better to be raised by gays than to be abandoned ... Maybe someone should tell him that children awaiting adoption HAVE ALL BEEN ABANDONED.(what world does he live in?)

“ja sagte ich das :)”

Since: May 08

jackson purchase area

#2 Jul 16, 2008
well ill tell you this much i ahve NEVER HEARD of a gay couple absuing an adopted child i always hear THEY ARE WONDERFUL PARENTS!
i dont agree with gay marriage but if a gay couple can give a homeless and famliless child a loving home WHY NOT? WHO IS MCCAIN TO DECIDE ANYTHING?what does he wanna do build more orphanages or encourage more foster parenting? i know there are good fosters out there but my husband was in the system as a small child and the horror stories from him and his sister are enough to let me know along with the cases on the news.
Glasnos

Altamonte Springs, FL

#3 Jul 16, 2008
Children should be given the opportunity for a mother and a father first. I fear that should homosexuals succeed in equating heterosuxual and homosexual ... as in homosexual marriage ... then the next step is going to be claiming past discrimination ... so homosexuals should now be given preference in adoptions ... affirmitive action as it were.
owww

Bronx, NY

#4 Jul 16, 2008
Glasnos wrote:
Children should be given the opportunity for a mother and a father first. I fear that should homosexuals succeed in equating heterosuxual and homosexual ... as in homosexual marriage ... then the next step is going to be claiming past discrimination ... so homosexuals should now be given preference in adoptions ... affirmitive action as it were.
Hold your breath.
owww

Bronx, NY

#5 Jul 16, 2008
How about interracial adaption, John McCain?
Tex

Dickinson, TX

#6 Jul 16, 2008
Eleanor wrote:
This makes NO SENSE to me. He says its better to be raised by gays than to be abandoned ... Maybe someone should tell him that children awaiting adoption HAVE ALL BEEN ABANDONED.(what world does he live in?)
The world he lives in is called the 20th Century. The rest of us have moved on to the 21st.

“WOOH!!”

Since: May 08

Vallejo, CA

#7 Jul 16, 2008
One more reason not to vote for McCain. Not only is he a homophobe, he doesn't have the 'nads to admit it. He'd rather pretend to play both sides of the fence. Jackass.
proudredneck

Phoenix, AZ

#8 Jul 16, 2008
Why are we all so afraid of gay marriages?

First of all we are not ALL afraid of gay marriages.

The homosexual with their perverted and depraved mind thinks ‘marriage’ is the answer to their self-worth as humans, so they are for it.

The ‘Progressive Liberal’ the ‘Enlightened Intelligent Ones’ are not afraid of gay marriage but rather welcome it as a tribute to ‘true love’ and an ‘advancement of the human evolution’.

Then there are the numb minded self-absorbed conformists that really never had an original thought or idea. They do not take the time to think beyond the moment of time they miserably live in. To actually research or consider the ramifications of anything gives them a head ache so they ‘go along to get along’.

Now come those who actually believe that there is such things as ‘good’ and ‘bad’,‘right’ and ‘wrong’,‘moral’ and ‘immoral’. Those people are very afraid of homosexual marriage! And I’m one of them. A true Homophobe! Why? You asked a very good question!

The only reason there is such things in the world as ‘good’ and ‘bad’,‘moral’ and ‘immoral’ to exist is because God allows it to be. No other reason. You see God wants humans to behave well so he has enjoined in our being the ability to do ‘good’ or ‘evil’, it’s a ‘free will’ or the right to do ‘evil’ if we wish, or to do ‘good’ if we wish. God is so good to us that He has provided a book that entails everything that we must know to do ‘good’ and receive ‘blessings from Him’ or to do ‘evil’ and receive ‘consequences’ for our bad behavior.

Marriage between a man and a woman is a pattern that God has set forth in motion from the beginning. It was Gods intention that man not live alone so he provided a woman to love and have as a blessing. The bible speaks of evil things that invade a human mind and corrupts it. Homosexuality is one of them.

The fear I have isn’t for me but rather the souls of the depraved homosexual because hell is reserved for them as their ‘consequence’ and indirectly our nation will suffer from God for allowing such an evil thing to be sanctioned by human law.

‘Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord’. God will not stand with a nation that ignores His principals. America has indeed been blessed by God in the past, but if we continue down the slippery slope of self-indulgence sin then we too will be dusted off the earth by God for our disobedience to His will. That should make us all very afraid!‘..The fool says in his heart, there is no God....’
owww

Bronx, NY

#9 Jul 16, 2008
proudredneck wrote:
The homosexual with their perverted and depraved mind thinks ‘marriage’ is the answer to their self-worth as humans, so they are for it.
The ‘Progressive Liberal’ the ‘Enlightened Intelligent Ones’ are not afraid of gay marriage but rather welcome it as a tribute to ‘true love’ and an ‘advancement of the human evolution’.
Then there are the numb minded self-absorbed conformists that really never had an original thought or idea. They do not take the time to think beyond the moment of time they miserably live in. To actually research or consider the ramifications of anything gives them a head ache so they ‘go along to get along’.
Now come those who actually believe that there is such things as ‘good’ and ‘bad’,‘right’ and ‘wrong’,‘moral’ and ‘immoral’. Those people are very afraid of homosexual marriage! And I’m one of them. A true Homophobe! Why? You asked a very good question!
The only reason there is such things in the world as ‘good’ and ‘bad’,‘moral’ and ‘immoral’ to exist is because God allows it to be. No other reason. You see God wants humans to behave well so he has enjoined in our being the ability to do ‘good’ or ‘evil’, it’s a ‘free will’ or the right to do ‘evil’ if we wish, or to do ‘good’ if we wish. God is so good to us that He has provided a book that entails everything that we must know to do ‘good’ and receive ‘blessings from Him’ or to do ‘evil’ and receive ‘consequences’ for our bad behavior.
Marriage between a man and a woman is a pattern that God has set forth in motion from the beginning. It was Gods intention that man not live alone so he provided a woman to love and have as a blessing. The bible speaks of evil things that invade a human mind and corrupts it. Homosexuality is one of them.
The fear I have isn’t for me but rather the souls of the depraved homosexual because hell is reserved for them as their ‘consequence’ and indirectly our nation will suffer from God for allowing such an evil thing to be sanctioned by human law.
‘Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord’. God will not stand with a nation that ignores His principals. America has indeed been blessed by God in the past, but if we continue down the slippery slope of self-indulgence sin then we too will be dusted off the earth by God for our disobedience to His will. That should make us all very afraid!‘..The fool says in his heart, there is no God....’
Methinks the poofter doth protest too much.
Proudneck? or turkeyneck?

cjf

Since: Feb 07

Fort Lauderdale

#10 Jul 16, 2008
proudredneck wrote:
THERE IS NO GOD!!!!!
Tex

Dickinson, TX

#11 Jul 16, 2008
proudredneck wrote:
...Now come those who actually believe that there is such things as ‘good’ and ‘bad’,‘right’ and ‘wrong’,‘moral’ and ‘immoral’. Those people are very afraid of homosexual marriage! And I’m one of them. A true Homophobe! Why? You asked a very good question!
The only reason there is such things in the world as ‘good’ and ‘bad’,‘moral’ and ‘immoral’ to exist is because God allows it to be. No other reason. You see God wants humans to behave well so he has enjoined in our being the ability to do ‘good’ or ‘evil’, it’s a ‘free will’ or the right to do ‘evil’ if we wish, or to do ‘good’ if we wish. God is so good to us that He has provided a book that entails everything that we must know to do ‘good’ and receive ‘blessings from Him’ or to do ‘evil’ and receive ‘consequences’ for our bad behavior....
Your religious beliefs state that gay marriage is wrong. Most people in this country probably agree with you. This does not mean gay marriage should be illegal.

Mormons believe drinking caffeine is wrong. Should coffee be illegal?

Orthodox Jews and Muslims believe eating pork is wrong. Should it be illegal?

Christians and Jews believe it is wrong to use the Lord's name in vain. Should it be illegal?

Our constitution is supposed to protect all of us against tyranny of the majority. Gay rights are civil rights.
Tammy

Altoona, PA

#12 Jul 17, 2008
DanaBartonish wrote:
well ill tell you this much i ahve NEVER HEARD of a gay couple absuing an adopted child i always hear THEY ARE WONDERFUL PARENTS!
i dont agree with gay marriage but if a gay couple can give a homeless and famliless child a loving home WHY NOT? WHO IS MCCAIN TO DECIDE ANYTHING?what does he wanna do build more orphanages or encourage more foster parenting? i know there are good fosters out there but my husband was in the system as a small child and the horror stories from him and his sister are enough to let me know along with the cases on the news.
Dont believe in gay marriage but you think its all right for gays to raise children?What way is it with you cant have it both ways.No gay marriages gays should not raise children gays need to keep there stuff at home not be in public.Children dont need to see same sex people holdind hands,kissing ,hugging.Sick sick sick.
Bobba

UK

#13 Jul 18, 2008
Homophobia is going the same way as racism. The bigots speak the same language.
Rozie

Auckland, New Zealand

#14 Mar 31, 2009
grow up all of yous just accept that everone is different it isnt the end of the world NOW is it!!!!!!!!! but in honest fact there are more then 1,000,00 orphans , homeless children in the world and they all need homes and it dosent matter if there a gay couple or not.... children need home, love support and security.... are you saying that all non-gay couples are going to adobt all these children ....when they do !!!! call me !!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sullivan University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kentucky attorney general sues Spencerian Colle... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Mom 9
Financial Aid in the Wrong? (Dec '11) Dec '11 JLH88 1
Natalie Blake of Harrodsburg competes in season... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Kay 7
Restaurant News & Notes | Sullivan chef inspire... (Jun '10) Jun '10 a friend 1
Midway College to open pharmacy school (Feb '10) Feb '10 judy jayne vanhoose 1
FOX in the Morning Idol (Jan '10) Jan '10 singini 1
Tim Preston: Chef on duty, blue-pop stop, out o... (Jan '10) Jan '10 yummy 1

Sullivan University People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE