GMU Faculty Decries Patriot Act: Reso...

GMU Faculty Decries Patriot Act: Resolution Warns of Threat to Academic Freedom

There are 2 comments on the The Washington Post story from Oct 6, 2011, titled GMU Faculty Decries Patriot Act: Resolution Warns of Threat to Academic Freedom. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

George Mason University's faculty senate passed a resolution yesterday critical of the broad investigative powers granted to law enforcement agencies after the Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Brandt Hardin

Memphis, TN

#1 Oct 12, 2011
Under the guise of fighting terrorism, the Patriot Act was adopted WITHOUT public approval or vote just weeks at 9/11. These unconstitutional laws should be abolished seeing as they violate human rights and due process not to mention the mere 3 criminal charges a year attributed to this act. The laws are simply means to spy on our own citizens and to detain and torture dissidents without trial or a right to council. You can read much more about living in this Orwellian society of fear and see my artistís response to these measures on my artistís blog at http://dregstudiosart.blogspot.com/2011/09/li...
jack

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Oct 12, 2011
It can't really be that bad can it, after all Obama and the democrats fought hard to make sure it stayed around and even gave the patriot act. more power, so go cry to Obama, he could have fixed it had he wanted to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanford University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Renewable Energy Squabble Goes to Court Nov '17 Solarman 1
News Doctors prepare for deep dive into Las Vegas sh... Nov '17 DaGod 1
News The Latest: Coroner: Stanford to study body of ... Oct '17 they are lying 7
News New Artificial Intelligence Can Tell If You Are... Sep '17 Pope Benedictum 1
News NYU Law launches new center to help state AGs f... Aug '17 fingers mcgurke 2
News Sheila Jackson Lee Blasts OMB Director For Diab... (May '17) May '17 Oh No You Di-nt 1
News Stanford Psychiatrists Take to the Stage (May '17) May '17 Humanspirit 1
More from around the web