Sex with cavemen gave humans an immune boost, study says

Aug 26, 2011 Full story: www.heraldsun.com.au 14

SEXUAL encounters with archaic humans like the Neanderthals produced children who inherited key genes that have helped modern humans fight illness and disease, a study has found.

Full Story

Since: Apr 07

TERRA AUSTRALIS

#1 Aug 26, 2011
Oogah boogah
samoan primitives

Sydney, Australia

#2 Aug 26, 2011
high rises on the range wrote:
Oogah boogah
From Samoa
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

#3 Aug 27, 2011
Funny, this image of a neanderthal looks like a white rugby player
http://t2.gstatic.com/images...

Since: Mar 11

Newcastle

#4 Aug 27, 2011
Elias wrote:
Funny, this image of a neanderthal looks like a white rugby player
http://t2.gstatic.com/images...
Probably because the Neanderthal was fully human & had a larger brain than Homo Sapien Sapien. The interesting thing is Neanderthal males bred with Homo Sapien females, but there is no evidence of the reverse happening. Not to say it didn't of course, but their progeny died out.
Mr Neat

Australia

#5 Aug 27, 2011
So if I raped a garbage collector early one morning I'd be guaranteed an illness free life, right?
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

#6 Aug 27, 2011
Mr Neat wrote:
So if I raped a garbage collector early one morning I'd be guaranteed an illness free life, right?
Or Darryl Lockyer
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

#7 Aug 27, 2011
Another Dave wrote:
<quoted text>Probably because the Neanderthal was fully human & had a larger brain than Homo Sapien Sapien. The interesting thing is Neanderthal males bred with Homo Sapien females, but there is no evidence of the reverse happening. Not to say it didn't of course, but their progeny died out.
So the theory suggests that Neanderthal's have passed their genes in all humans except those who stayed behind in Africa.

Wonder what Africans think of that?

Newcastle

#8 Aug 27, 2011
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
So the theory suggests that Neanderthal's have passed their genes in all humans except those who stayed behind in Africa.
And how it affects Jared Diamond's theories, as it pushes Eurasian immunities he made such a point of back over double the timeline he talked about. At the same time it seems impossible given the timelines, for the original Aborigines here to have any Neanderthal blood, given that they were supposed to land here 60,000 yrs ago. Does that mean the original dravidians in India also had none? Was it introduced later with sucessive waves of migration & invasion? It seems likely to me that the original cross breeding took place in a small area, probably around the Mediterranean/ southern France area then was passed back eastwards.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#9 Aug 27, 2011
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
"You find Neanderthal in Africans as well, but indigenous Aussies are the most different.

The DNA comes from the "anatomically modern" skeleton of a person who died in what is now south-eastern Australia some 60,000 years ago. That makes it 20,000 years older than the oldest human DNA previously isolated by scientists."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/old...
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

#10 Aug 27, 2011
Another Dave wrote:
<quoted text>And how it affects Jared Diamond's theories, as it pushes Eurasian immunities he made such a point of back over double the timeline he talked about. At the same time it seems impossible given the timelines, for the original Aborigines here to have any Neanderthal blood, given that they were supposed to land here 60,000 yrs ago. Does that mean the original dravidians in India also had none? Was it introduced later with sucessive waves of migration & invasion? It seems likely to me that the original cross breeding took place in a small area, probably around the Mediterranean/ southern France area then was passed back eastwards.
The theory is rejected by prominent Australian scientists in UNSW
Punc

Ottawa, Canada

#11 Aug 27, 2011
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
The theory is rejected by prominent Australian scientists in UNSW
hello Elias, how are you? have you gained any intelligence yet?
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

#12 Aug 27, 2011
Punc wrote:
<quoted text>
hello Elias, how are you? have you gained any intelligence yet?
Yes, I keep far away from the Sri Lankan forum. The Tamils there are crazy.
Possible

Brisbane, Australia

#13 Aug 27, 2011
Another Dave wrote:
<quoted text>And how it affects Jared Diamond's theories, as it pushes Eurasian immunities he made such a point of back over double the timeline he talked about. At the same time it seems impossible given the timelines, for the original Aborigines here to have any Neanderthal blood, given that they were supposed to land here 60,000 yrs ago. Does that mean the original dravidians in India also had none? Was it introduced later with sucessive waves of migration & invasion? It seems likely to me that the original cross breeding took place in a small area, probably around the Mediterranean/ southern France area then was passed back eastwards.
In the North of Australia, there were Ancient tradings with traders from Malaysia and Indonesia. There were also cases of Aboriginal Australian Women being raped. It's likely that there are many genetic variations between different Aboriginal Australian Family Clans, as in many other countries and continents.

Newcastle

#14 Aug 27, 2011
Possible wrote:
<quoted text>
In the North of Australia, there were Ancient tradings with traders from Malaysia and Indonesia. There were also cases of Aboriginal Australian Women being raped. It's likely that there are many genetic variations between different Aboriginal Australian Family Clans, as in many other countries and continents.
True, there is also the thoery that Aboriginal migration cane in sucessive waves with each later wave displacing the earlier. Of course there is also the Multi region theory.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanford University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Tsipras's Victory Means For Greece And The EU Tue jeffry 1
Seven things to know about Kamala Harris Jan 14 Zombie Corpse Rental 5
Romney huddling with key members of 2012 team t... Jan 10 Chicopee 17
2011 Japan earthquake: Fault had been relieving... Dec '14 Hal 1
Missing gene linked to autism Dec '14 VACCINES CAUSE AU... 4
Skulking Assed Bastards: Is It Finally Time to ... Dec '14 John Grimbaldson 10
Ebola in the U.S.: How bad can it get? Nov '14 OccupyThis 2
More from around the web