Former West Covina councilman-turned ...

Former West Covina councilman-turned congressman dies after Florida car crash

There are 1 comment on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Feb 4, 2012, titled Former West Covina councilman-turned congressman dies after Florida car crash. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

James "Jim" Lloyd, 89, a former congressman who went directly from West Covina City Hall to Capitol Hill, has died following a car crash.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

Articles on Jim Lloyd

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#1 Feb 5, 2012
Jim Lloyd = best perception of constituent service and accountability to the public by governmental officials/entities. He epitomized cliches "cutting the red tape" and "owning another person's problem." Not many are "kick-the-tires" legislators. He actually flew B-1 aircraft before voting to fund project! As a congressional district aide during his final term, having worked in both West Covina and Ontario offices, through the cityhood of Rancho Cucamonga and just knowing "both sides of the aisle" under his tenure, I truly understand the power of access, the power of character and how quality execution through public and private sector "service" can really solve problems and help folks.[AND "hi" to all former DC/CA staff members!]

Rudy Barbee
Alta Loma

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanford University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: Coroner: Stanford to study body of ... 13 hr they are lying 7
News New Artificial Intelligence Can Tell If You Are... Sep '17 Pope Benedictum 1
News NYU Law launches new center to help state AGs f... Aug '17 fingers mcgurke 2
News Sheila Jackson Lee Blasts OMB Director For Diab... May '17 Oh No You Di-nt 1
News Stanford Psychiatrists Take to the Stage May '17 Humanspirit 1
News Environmentalists Are Dead Wrong Apr '17 Defeat Maxine Waters 1
News How Offering Driver Licenses To The Undocumente... (Apr '17) Apr '17 HOLLA ISABELLA 2
More from around the web