SPOTLIGHT: Study shows most think global warming real

Nov 16, 2013 Full story: The Daily News Journal

The vast majority of Americans in each of 40-plus states surveyed say global warming is real, serious and man-made, and the concerns tend to be slightly higher in coastal or drought-stricken areas, says an analysis out this week.

Read more
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#1 Nov 16, 2013
Not surprising: Contrary to the Congress views on global warming, there is broad public agreement on the issue and its remedies. Most say past warming was caused largely by human activities ranging from a low of 65 percent in Utah to a high of 92 percent in Rhode Island. Most also back government curbs on greenhouse gas emissions from power plants from 62 percent in Utah to 90 percent in New Hampshire.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanford University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stanford under pressure to reform sexual-assaul... Mar 20 prison riot night 1
News Recess: An essential part of the school day Mar 20 prison riot night 2
News Charter school gains outpace district in study Mar 18 DEVIL on campus 3
News We could put utility-scale solar plants in our ... Mar 17 Devil 2
News Stanford to open entrepreneur course in London Mar 17 Devil 1
News In swine flu season, sanitizer for the hand of God (Oct '09) Mar 17 GUARANTEED SIGN I... 130
News Newly named San Diego bishop calls for immigrat... Mar 3 wild child 4
More from around the web