Austerity is bad for our health

Apr 29, 2013 Full story: Business World

Austerity is having a devastating effect on health in Europe and North America, driving suicide, depression and infectious diseases and reducing access to medicines and care, researchers have said.

Full Story

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#1 Apr 29, 2013
This is very sad news.
Isaiah
#2 Sep 24, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.
Ricca

UK

#4 Jan 30, 2014
I've been on Effexor from http://goo.gl/TRCx1y only one week but am cautiously very optimistic. Prior to this I was on citalopram but still feeling very low and sleeping poorly, feeling like I needed to be in bed 12-16 hours a day. Now I am waking naturally after only 8 hours sleep and finding it much easier to concentrate at work. I can hardly believe it is working so quickly but I feel so much better. I've had no side effects.

Location hidden

#5 Feb 25, 2014
Austerity is having a devastating effect on health in Europe and North America, driving suicide, depression and infectious diseases and reducing access to medicines and care, researchers said on Monday.

Detailing a decade of research, Oxford University political economist David Stuckler and Sanjay Basu, an assistant professor of medicine and an epidemiologist at Stanford University, said their findings show austerity is seriously bad for health.

Location hidden

#6 Feb 26, 2014
Italians understood the gravity of their economic situation in November 2011 when Mario Monti was appointed, and were prepared to make sacrifices to help pull their country back from a cliff. The political leadership wasted the opportunity, choosing the easier path of higher taxes, and has paid the price at the polls, with a partial defeat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanford University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Immune activity shortly after surgery holds big... Sep 27 joy 5
Women feel more pain than men, study finds (Jan '12) Sep 12 Collegeteen 2
Georgetown doc appointed to hospital board Sep 2 Fergus get new ho... 1
Earthquake study drifts as scientists seek money Aug '14 Valley Gurl 1
Trouble sleeping: a warning sign of suicide in ... Aug '14 Pharma Maims Kills 8
Keep the dog home when the car gets hot: Letter Aug '14 Condor for Pets 1
UCLA, USC, Pomona College among top 50 LGBT-fri... Aug '14 TomInElPaso 11

Stanford University People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE