Entrepreneur: Boost Calif. wages to $12-an-hour

Jan 12, 2014 Full story: Yahoo! 145

Democrats across the nation are eager to make increasing the minimum wage a defining campaign issue in 2014, but in California a proposal to boost the pay rate to $12 an hour is coming from a different point on the political compass.

Full Story

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#131 Jan 17, 2014
cancer suxs wrote:
<quoted text>The rich don't. After off shore accounts and tax shelters and hiding and cheating most millionaire and billionaires pay less then 15% why I pay 30%.

Try facts they are fun.
If you pay 30%, you are stupid or lying

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#132 Jan 17, 2014
cancer suxs wrote:
Hey like I said I post fact...What you got?
Hahahahahahahaha
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#133 Jan 17, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you pay 30%, you are stupid or lying
If you're earning between $60k and $72K a year, yes in wages and income taxes you're paying a minimum 28%

Compared to Mitt Romney earning $75 Million paying 14%

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#134 Jan 17, 2014
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're earning between $60k and $72K a year, yes in wages and income taxes you're paying a minimum 28%
Compared to Mitt Romney earning $75 Million paying 14%
you'd trade places with mitt in a new York minute....pretty wife, beautiful loving family, and beaucoup dinero
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#135 Jan 17, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
you'd trade places with mitt in a new York minute....pretty wife, beautiful loving family, and beaucoup dinero
Just an example of wasting time and money when your manager hires someone with limited skills who is unmotivated to join your operations. If you think that casually about employees than the employee can not be of any importance that adds to your earnings, productivity and efficiency.

There's a cost in employee turn over, unless you're hiring illegal immigrants or individuals under the table.

NEW YORK (TheStreet)-- It's no secret that a bad hire can cast a dark cloud over any company, creating headaches for management and stress for everyone from HR to interns. Unfortunately, the problems don't end there: The monetary cost of a bad hire can exceed 30% of the person's annual salary, according to the U.S. Department of Labor, and 39% of hiring managers surveyed by staffing firm Robert Half said that a poor hire had cost them precious hours of productivity. Even if it's tempting to make a quick decision on hiring, if the person isn't a good fit, it could be a disaster.

http://business-news.thestreet.com/philly/sto...
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#136 Jan 17, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
yep. I would, Then what I do for a living I could do as a hobby.

Alpharetta, GA

#137 Jan 17, 2014
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
hang in there, it could happen....just remember measure twice, cut once....

Alpharetta, GA

#138 Jan 17, 2014
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, who wouldn't, but then why are you criticizing him? are you just a teeny bit jealous?
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#139 Jan 17, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, who wouldn't, but then why are you criticizing him? are you just a teeny bit jealous?
Wasn't criticizing him, I uses his income and tax rate as a comparison to the average middle class working man. He pays 14% on $75 Million in income, and someone earning $75K pays 28%

Decatur, GA

#140 Jan 17, 2014
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't criticizing him, I uses his income and tax rate as a comparison to the average middle class working man. He pays 14% on $75 Million in income, and someone earning $75K pays 28%
If you were him, would you pay more than the tax laws require, just to make a few liberals happy? And then too, we don't know what he does with his money. He doesn't know what I do with my money, and that's the way it should be.
drunkin ducken

Hanoi, Vietnam

#141 Jan 17, 2014
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
U working on yo ElgerBra math? or subtraction?!!! maybeee Dr. Obamath?!!;-00h, U shoulda working Dr Obamath Hillcare in 2016!! ;-00
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#142 Jan 17, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were him, would you pay more than the tax laws require, just to make a few liberals happy? And then too, we don't know what he does with his money. He doesn't know what I do with my money, and that's the way it should be.
It's not Romney, but the inequality of the System. I don't count another man's earnings. But I can use it in comparison to determine what is right or what's wrong in the tax system.

Those with the funding can pay for lobbyist to fight their battles in having their tax liability reduced at the expense of my rates increasing to make up that difference.

America was founded on equal access and equal protection. This is the very issue that initiated Shay's Rebellion.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#143 Jan 17, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
Two words. Yecchh!
Chicopee

Danbury, CT

#144 Jan 17, 2014
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
Last year, I know many people, including myself, pointed this out to you...but I'll do it again.
He was not employed. The profits, not wages, that he earned were taxed as capital gains, which was 15%.
Furthermore, a person earning $75K will only pay 28% if they have a really bad tax accountant and no deductions. Taxed at 28% rarely means paid in 28%.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#146 Jan 17, 2014
Chicopee wrote:
<quoted text>
Last year, I know many people, including myself, pointed this out to you...but I'll do it again.
He was not employed. The profits, not wages, that he earned were taxed as capital gains, which was 15%.
Furthermore, a person earning $75K will only pay 28% if they have a really bad tax accountant and no deductions. Taxed at 28% rarely means paid in 28%.
Romney and other high earners benefits from the carried Interest loophole.......... a taxing scheme that reduces the tax liability of a general partner of an investment firm who profits from liquidating assets of their cartel.

Decatur, GA

#148 Jan 18, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Two words. Yecchh!
which would you decline...the cute blonde wifey, the adorable, and numerous kids, or the beaucoup dinero?

Decatur, GA

#149 Jan 18, 2014
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney and other high earners benefits from the carried Interest loophole.......... a taxing scheme that reduces the tax liability of a general partner of an investment firm who profits from liquidating assets of their cartel.
so you're saying that what he is doing is completely legal, its just that you don't like it.?
cancr suxs

Owatonna, MN

#150 Jan 18, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
so you're saying that what he is doing is completely legal, its just that you don't like it.?
What rich and big business do is yes legal..It is just EVIL VILE AND TREASONOUS TO anyone not rich.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#151 Jan 18, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, GM opened their new factories in china, along with our jobs.
So Dumbo, it's cool in your eyes when South Korea opens Hyundai and Kia assembly plants in the US, but when the US does the same in another country to supply their people, it's wrong?

You really need to STFU already - every car manufacturer in the world opens assembly lines in other countries to supply that countries requirements for cars. It's been done for decades - you're just slinging shit because you've got nothing better to do.

GM in
China DOES NOT export cars to the US you dummy. Prove otherwise, or shut up.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#152 Jan 18, 2014
Liberals R Defective wrote:
<quoted text>What about my H I V infection, who's paying for that? Talk about bad choices.
Even scumbags like you deserve a right to effective medical treatment dummy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanford University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Opinion Poll Shows Climate Change Matters Feb 21 OccupyThis 7
Many LGBT medical students don't reveal sexual ... Feb 21 WeTheSheeple 31
TechFlash\back: More on Lonsdale suit, Crunchie... Feb 19 Robert Riversong 1
Dennis Prager: Why No Swimsuit Issue of Men? Feb 17 doesky 1
Tim Cook to address hacking at White House summit Feb 16 TheSecuritySleuth 2
Obama goes to Silicon Valley to focus on cybers... Feb 14 Lamer 4
Obama to encourage companies to share cyber thr... Feb 13 Black Annie 3
More from around the web