Measure to curb unions in California on ballot

Dec 8, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Reporter

California Republican interests have qualified a ballot measure that would severely curb the political influence of public and private employee unions while depriving Democratic political candidates of a major source of campaign cash.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
The Mad Man

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2011

Judged:

Looks like the people of CA are tired of how much power the unions have. I supported the unions many years ago because some of them can be good for the working man but some of these unions have taken the power of the people and turned it into a money gain for the people who are not represented by unions and the poor man suffers. These unions now a days have too much power and money and the poor man that is not represented by a union is still looking for a job. It is time for a balance!
unchained unitard

Antioch, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2011

Judged:

That would be awesome unions are a major part of the downfall of CA they make doing business impossible
Frozen Hunter

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2011

Judged:

Yes! Let's blame it on the unions. After all, why should a working man have a decent wage, and health benefits, when that cuts into the corporate bottom line. Much more important to make money for the shareholders!
unchained unitard

Walnut Creek, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2011

Judged:

Frozen Hunter wrote:
Yes! Let's blame it on the unions. After all, why should a working man have a decent wage, and health benefits, when that cuts into the corporate bottom line. Much more important to make money for the shareholders!
I guess youve never owned a business. You have no clue on what goes into it. Yoy need to learn the truth about unions. If someone needs healthcare they should pay for it themselves. People need to get away from the "my boss is my mommy and has to help me wipe my a$$" attitude." They should pay for their own healthcare. They know what their wage is before they start and agree to it. They should budget in healthcare. The worst people are the ones that drink smoke and expect their employer to pay for it. Employees can be such jokes, they milk jobs whine ect, but expect everything to be handed to them. I hate people with entitlement issues.
cwi530

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2011

Judged:

Unions do not represent the political views of the majority of it's members.

I have yet to meet a carpenter, plumber, ironworker, electrician, or heavy equipment operator that supports Barbie Boxer yet she gets their dues year after year.
Paul Wegman

Seal Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2012

This may be the last chance Calif middle class parents and grand parents have to save their children from a hopeless future as endentured tax slaves in service to the overpromised, overpaid pub empl union bonanzas. Will Californians stand up for their children or continue to vote for tax slavery by voting for the diabolical UnionCrats in Sacramento?

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

Although there is merit to unions but unfortunately corruption just seems to be their hidden agenda. All I can say is they need to keep there nose clean. Other than that unions are not a religion therefore should have the same freedoms politically to lobby. Now as far as lobbying in general...that's just pure American corruption in progress.
rider

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name - 1993 - YouTube
Oct 13, 2007 ... Eldridge Cleaver : They have deadly weapons with which to inflict pain on the human body. They know how to bring about horrible deaths.

http://www.youtube.com/watch... - 131k -

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••