Want to save the planet? Ditch meat, says study

There are 2 comments on the MSNBC story from Jun 19, 2013, titled Want to save the planet? Ditch meat, says study. In it, MSNBC reports that:

A shift to plant-based diets is one strategy to help the world meet its food demands by the year 2050, according to a new study that says crop yields are improving too slowly to satisfy meat-eaters' appetites.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MSNBC.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#1 Jun 20, 2013
Sounds to me like the REAL way to save the planet is to start deploying Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactors which can produce both electricity AND fresh water.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#3 Jun 22, 2013
Tammy,
learn about Liquid Fluoride Thorium Rectors before you make such encompassing statements. They really are quite wonderful.
They are the leanest, cleanest, greenest proven source of reliable energy bar none.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanford University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Meet the Candidate: Carly Fiorina 8 min barefoot2626 14
News BYU track: Cougars split between Stanford and B... 4 hr sidbad 1
News Stanford under pressure to reform sexual-assaul... Apr 15 Speakblogger 2
News Obama authorizes sanctions against "malicious c... Apr '15 Le Jimbo 3
News What you have to say about the Rolling Stones i... Mar '15 Dave 1
News Experts: Sex bias case will embolden women desp... Mar '15 radiofreeamerica 7
News Recess: An essential part of the school day Mar '15 prison riot night 2
More from around the web