Governor names former Texas County pr...

Governor names former Texas County prosecutor to be judge

There are 40 comments on the KYTV Springfield story from Dec 5, 2008, titled Governor names former Texas County prosecutor to be judge. In it, KYTV Springfield reports that:

The deputy state treasurer will become a trial judge in south central Missouri. Gov. Matt Blunt appointed Doug Gaston as an associate circuit judge for Texas County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KYTV Springfield.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
County Mounty

Cameron, MO

#1 Dec 6, 2008
Mr Gaston thats Doug and the rest of the family will be confirmend as the Distirct Jugde for the next 25 years ?
just me

Bonnots Mill, MO

#2 Dec 6, 2008
what a joke Doug was a bad P.A. and will make even a better jugde (haha)
concerned

Cameron, MO

#3 Dec 6, 2008
I just can't believe that Matt Blunt would do this for the citizens of Texas County. However, what does he have to loose since he lost the race. I guess that this is one way to get even with atleast one county. Doug Gaston didn't even do his job in the legislature nor the prosecutor's office, then he worked for the feds and he couldn't even do that. Then Sara Stillman whats up with that and the whole money issue during her little campaign. Doug must have someone wraped around his finger. If not then I wish that I could screw up every job I done and still come out smelling like a rose. I feel that this is the worst mistake that Matt Blunt could have made and I feel for the Prosecutor and victims of crimes. Doug didn't do his job when he was a prosecutor, what in the heck does he know about being a Judge. I bet that the cases will get filed by the Prosecutor but once they get to the Court system, Doug probably will not allow the Prosecutor to even have a fair shake at the cases. Because you know that if you were defeated by another candidate and then you became judge what would you do to get even. Here it goes Texas County. You thought that the current prosecutor is bad you haven't seen nothing till Doug Gaston starts. I feel for the Prosecutor who will be trying to do his job and help victims of crimes with a Judicial System that will be totally against him. So, Texas County you might as well start up the meth labs and do anything that you can that is illegal because it will never make it past Doug Gaston. The charges will be filed and the cases will get dismissed by Doug. This really is scary for the citizens of Texas County. I hope that Texas County stands up for the right and wrong in this or we may be in real big trouble. This will effect all even our children.
What

Collins, MO

#4 Dec 7, 2008
You can't get any worse than the prosecutor. So stop your haten Mike. The swinger thing what a joke.
meme

United States

#5 Dec 7, 2008
OMG help us
texascounty

Plattsburg, MO

#6 Dec 7, 2008
For all those Texas County residents shocked and outraged beyond belief...and there are a lot of them out there - call Associate Circuit Judge Brad Ellsworth's office or stop by and encourage him to postpone his retirement. He doesn't have to leave at the end of the year to begin his retirement. You can bet he is as upset as anyone.
Check

Center, MO

#7 Dec 7, 2008
I agree this is a mistake Matt Blunt has made but by far not his worst. He has been a very poor govenor catoring to politics that benifit the few leaving many of Missouri's children,disabled and elderly without health care and at risk.
pineymo

Plattsburg, MO

#8 Dec 7, 2008
According to Mr. Gaston, Gov. Blunt may well be one of our greatest governors in history.

http://governor.mo.gov/cgi-bin/coranto/viewne...
concerned

Cameron, MO

#9 Dec 7, 2008
I think that the Prosecutor has done a fine job in office. Me and my family have been victims of a crime here in Texas County and he and his staff were wonderful helping our family deal with the crime and getting the criminal sent to DOC. I don't really care about all the sexual crap that they say about him. He is doing a fine job in office and so far I think I could speak for most and say that we should be far more worried about Gaston as a Judge than what type of alleged sex life that the Prosecutor has. I am worried about the safety of myself and my family. I also don't think that we should get to involved in the sexual acts of Mr. Anderson vs. Mr. Gaston. Atleast Mr. Anderson, I believe isn't gay. So there you go, now can we say that about Doug???? Maybe the next post will be about the swinger style gay court room in Texas County. HEHE. I guess I have said enough to WHAT that posted. Mike isn't near the bad guy that he is made out to be. He really does try to do his best to prosecute and help victims and their families. Now lets see, did Doug do that when he was the prosecutor. I don't think so. So, this really makes me wonder how the judicial system will run now. I beg that people contact Judge Ellsworth and ask him to stay until the new Govenor is in office and hopefully he will appoint the right person for the job.
just me

Bonnots Mill, MO

#10 Dec 7, 2008
I have to agree with concerned Gaston did not do his job when he was the PA to playing house with the Pendergraf women that worked for him.
concerned

Cameron, MO

#13 Dec 8, 2008
Just me, you hit the nail right on the head, in that statement about Gaston. I really wonder if she will want to return back to Texas County Probation & Parole office, so that she might get to work with him and maybe have some play time as well. I hate to say that about anyone, but old habits are hard to break.
just me

Bonnots Mill, MO

#14 Dec 8, 2008
Maybe Doug will start seeing Pepper again to he was playing house with her to.
Good for him

Houston, MO

#15 Dec 9, 2008
If you don't like the way that he handles the job, in two years get someone to run for the job.

I hope and think he will follow the law and put personal feelings aside.

As for the gay thing, guess it doesn't bother you to have gay deputies in this county.

At least give him a chance to prove he is up to the task before you start putting him down.
you never no

Columbia, MO

#17 Dec 9, 2008
Maybe he got the judge job by playing hide the hotdog with Blunt
weezer

Springfield, MO

#18 Dec 9, 2008
you never no wrote:
Maybe he got the judge job by playing hide the hotdog with Blunt
i dont give a damn who you are, thats funny...
what dumasses

Houston, MO

#19 Dec 10, 2008
You people are pathetic.
DUM-O-CRATES. You had a queer running for the assessor job in Texas Co. Have lesbians on the Sheriff's Dept.Guess that is okay.Could name some more around here if you want to play that game. Also you are making acussations about someone and you have no proof. But so what if it was true. At least we won't have to worry about him bonking his secretary in the back room while waiting for court to begin.
concerned

Cameron, MO

#20 Dec 10, 2008
Your right dumbasses, however, women will not have to worry because he will be bonking the guys in the back room before court. You tell me what is more discusting???? And I love, you never know's comment. I have wondered that all along. And by the way I would rather see a gay girl than a gay guy in politics. For some reason the aids desease comes to mind to me.
what dumasses

Houston, MO

#21 Dec 10, 2008
Concerned, You have a real problem. Have you discussed this with your shrink lately!
Lesbians you want see, just look around Houston.
OMG

El Dorado Springs, MO

#23 Dec 10, 2008
what dumasses wrote:
You people are pathetic.
DUM-O-CRATES. You had a queer running for the assessor job in Texas Co. Have lesbians on the Sheriff's Dept.Guess that is okay.Could name some more around here if you want to play that game. Also you are making acussations about someone and you have no proof. But so what if it was true. At least we won't have to worry about him bonking his secretary in the back room while waiting for court to begin.
And you've got proof that our current judge is having sex with secretaries before court? I'd like to see that - no wait I don't even want to think about that!
OMG

El Dorado Springs, MO

#24 Dec 10, 2008
(Just me, you hit the nail right on the head, in that statement about Gaston. I really wonder if she will want to return back to Texas County Probation & Parole office, so that she might get to work with him and maybe have some play time as well. I hate to say that about anyone, but old habits are hard to break.
Maybe Doug will start seeing Pepper again to he was playing house with her to.
Maybe he got the judge job by playing hide the hotdog with Blunt)
Sounds like a sex ring to me!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southwest Baptist University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dill to take over as superintendent of Poplar B... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Pissed off parent 2
News Belton school board hires new superintendent (Apr '10) Apr '10 Punnchy 10
More from around the web