Southern marching band temporarily di...

Southern marching band temporarily disbanded

There are 2 comments on the New Pittsburgh Courier story from Feb 16, 2009, titled Southern marching band temporarily disbanded. In it, New Pittsburgh Courier reports that:

Special to the NNPA from the Louisiana Weekly For New Pittsburgh Courier BATON ROUGE - The Southern University marching band, one of the nation's premier college marching bands, has been temporarily disbanded ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New Pittsburgh Courier.

Terry Taylor

Detroit, MI

#1 Mar 2, 2009
Why should Southern University Marching Band be disbanded,they have the best program in college history to me.I my self Terry Taylor hope to attend their band program when i attend college at Southern University.

Since: Feb 09

Dillon, SC

#2 Apr 18, 2009
I think they have as the article put it "one of the best". To say that SU is the best would rub my Tiger fur the wrong way. Sure GSU has beaten SU in battles and vice versa. How would anyone determine which band is the best? Even if its only in the HBCU's or the State of Louisiana. The main purpose of disbanding is to send a strong message to deter not only future hazing but especially other bands and organizations from similar activities. Imagine the cost of law suits that will come from this. Also I am not saying that this does or will not happen at Grambling. Just saying that Southern is good, as well as GSU, FAMU, and what about the bands in the MEAC. However if this can be any indication of superiority, it was the "World Famed" Grambling State University Marching Teger Band that recently travelled to D.C. for the Presidential Inaguration Parade.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southern University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mitch Landrieu re-enters New Orleans 2010 Mayor... (Nov '09) May '17 T-BOS 2
News Commencement speech by No. 2 Senate Republican ... (May '17) May '17 Lawrence Wolf 13
News Historically black university cancels Senator's... (May '17) May '17 fingers mcgurke 3
News Fighting for the Black Vote (Dec '15) Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 1
News Two questioned over fatal shooting at Texas stu... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Student farts 1
News LSU, Southern get first shot to grow medical ma... (Jul '15) Oct '15 louisianATHEIST 2
News In Houston, an adamant Hillary Clinton declares... (Jun '15) Jun '15 mjjcpa 5