Brittany Evan is named Better Hometown director

Aug 20, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Metter Advertiser

Of course, coming from a rural city - ' Louisville -- herself, Brittany Evans says she understands and appreciates the value of small town living.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
just me

Metter, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2008

Judged:

well i see we have another outsider coming to metter to show us how to do things..
Just my opinion

Swainsboro, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

Judged:

That seems to be all our city council want to hire is outsiders! If you make decisions for Metter you ought to live here.......
just me

Metter, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

thats why we need a change in politicans at city hall and the county commissioners.....
Not a Metter Fan

Metter, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

Judged:

I agree with all of you! Metter is trying to become Atlanta! 5 years ago I would have laughed my hiney off if someone told me I would have to purchase a permit to add to my property and look what is goin on! Outsiders coming in and local can't find work...
Better Informed

Metter, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

Judged:

Did it ever occur to the residents of the City of Metter and Candler County that the reason the City and the County hire personnel from out-of-town is because there is no one in the City or the County qualified to do the job? Best of luck to Ms. Evans in her new job!
Not a Metter Fan

Metter, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

Well that's funny maybe we should change our slogan from "Everything's Better In Metter" to "We don't have anyone qualified in Metter" it is amazing that the town has lasted this long with no one qualified. That doesn't say very much for you does it.
yellahammer

Swainsboro, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

Judged:

The job was open and advertisered for months. Miss Evans was the ONLY person to apply. But I agree. We should never let outsiders in with an education. Only locals should educate us, doctor on us, and help to govern us. We don't need 'em because we know all. We are special!
Just my opinion wrote:
That seems to be all our city council want to hire is outsiders! If you make decisions for Metter you ought to live here.......
just me

Metter, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

we are qualified to pay these high taxes.......................
Better Informed

Metter, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2008

Judged:

Not a Metter Fan wrote:
Well that's funny maybe we should change our slogan from "Everything's Better In Metter" to "We don't have anyone qualified in Metter" it is amazing that the town has lasted this long with no one qualified. That doesn't say very much for you does it.
I am the first to admit that I am not qualified for the position of Better Hometown Director or for that matter, City Manager, Superintendent of Schools, County Administrator or Hospital Administrator. But I do appreciate and welcome the people that are willing to drive from another county to work in Metter. This also includes our doctors, nurses, teachers and retail workers. No one except Native Americans were born and raised in America; everyone came from somewhere else and look at what has been accomplished.
Supporter

Statesboro, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2008

I know Ms. Evans personally and I know that she will do a wonderful job. She is passionate about her work and puts other before herself in every aspect of her life. Believe me when I say that she will do what is best for the community. If you ever have the pleasure of meeting this young lady, I feel that your opinions about hiring her will change to only positive ones!!:)
just me

Metter, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2008

ive met her and i was impressed......
duhhhh

Metter, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

as long as she dont start adding more flowers and trees and extending more of those darn ugly curbs out into the streets. she needs to get rid of all the bushes or is that suposed to be flowers in the middle of the road on 121 south. maybe even remove some of the dead oaks on this same stretch of road.
sorry for you

Statesboro, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2008

Judged:

It amazes me to read the ignorant comments posted on this web site! Lets only hire within Metter, and then we can have more of what we have now: higher prices for goods, a supermarket with rotten foods on the shelf, a hospital on the edge of going out of business, the highest taxes among the surropunding counties, no head of household jobs, an educational system that is pathetic, and so much more!
randon

Madison, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

Judged:

Give her a break. I'm sure she'll do well.
AtlantaResident

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

Judged:

Metter's motto should be changed to the following: Everyone is a loser in Metter because we are a cesspool of racism, every other type of bigotry, xenophobia, fear of all outsiders and fear of change even when change is good for our town. If you can't give this woman a fair chance to do her job well simply because she is from another town, then I can't wait until the day that your completely useless and backwards bigoted town becomes a ghost town. Good riddance to it!

Since: Sep 08

Statesboro Area

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

Judged:

AtlantaResident wrote:
Metter's motto should be changed to the following: Everyone is a loser in Metter because we are a cesspool of racism, every other type of bigotry, xenophobia, fear of all outsiders and fear of change even when change is good for our town. If you can't give this woman a fair chance to do her job well simply because she is from another town, then I can't wait until the day that your completely useless and backwards bigoted town becomes a ghost town. Good riddance to it!
Well..you found another blog to talk down to everybody didn't you? You are a piece of work....I hope yo' mama is proud!!!!
educated idiot

Metter, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

Judged:

This guy is out there. His phylisophy is the reason for hatred in the world today. Man find a hobby other than instigating a argument.
ok people

Metter, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2009

she don't have a clue about metter but that the type of people we have working for this town!!!!
AtlantaResident

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2009

Judged:

Hey educated idiot you just proved that you are an idiot one more time. Why don't you learn to spell the word philosophy correctly?
one more time

Metter, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2009

Judged:

Ha! Ha! Ha! You're an idiot AtlantaResident...How long has she had the job now? And you just now want to argue about it!!!! Don't come to Metter to visit your relatives we don't want you here!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Southern University Discussions

Search the Southern University Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Southern police arrest 3 in dorm robbery try Mar '14 skm 1
R.C. Webb remembered for iconic Nic Nac restaurant Feb '14 BudStod 2
Shreveport historians reflect on legacy (Dec '13) Dec '13 Blast Dorrough 1
OTC graduates nearly 1,500 (Oct '13) Oct '13 Layna Pelote 1
Newnan welcomes new Main Street manager (Aug '13) Sep '13 Will Dockery 37
Physics scholar youngest grad at Southern Unive... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Jessa 2
St. Landry school board seat may be at risk (Mar '13) Mar '13 good for the goose 1
•••
•••