PROMISES, PROMISES: Early Katrina pra...

PROMISES, PROMISES: Early Katrina praise for Obama

There are 5 comments on the PhillyBurbs.com story from Aug 28, 2009, titled PROMISES, PROMISES: Early Katrina praise for Obama. In it, PhillyBurbs.com reports that:

TEXT SIZE The Associated Press As a presidential candidate, Barack Obama pledged to right the wrongs he said bogged down efforts to rebuild the Gulf Coast after Hurricane Katrina.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PhillyBurbs.com.

Govmt sucks

Sebastian, FL

#1 Aug 30, 2009
A stark contrast from the Bush administration.
Cajun BS Demolition

Vacherie, LA

#2 Aug 30, 2009
Govmt sucks wrote:
A stark contrast from the Bush administration.
People who condemn Bush for Katrina must have forgotten living in motels for a couple of years free of charge, three meals a day, transportaion,
FEMA trailers..........
They should have had what the survivors of hurricane Audrey had: NOTHING!
Cajun BS Demolition

Vacherie, LA

#3 Aug 30, 2009
If mostly whites had been destroyed during the Katrina hurricane, we would have never heard about it, just like hurricane Rita!
Professor Link

Westminster, CA

#4 Aug 30, 2009
Cajun BS Demolition wrote:
If mostly whites had been destroyed during the Katrina hurricane, we would have never heard about it, just like hurricane Rita!
I totally agree. No one would have cared. Man, are the right discriminated against!
Govmt sucks

Sebastian, FL

#5 Aug 30, 2009
Cajun BS Demolition wrote:
<quoted text>
People who condemn Bush for Katrina must have forgotten living in motels for a couple of years free of charge, three meals a day, transportaion,
FEMA trailers..........
They should have had what the survivors of hurricane Audrey had: NOTHING!
Audrey was in 1957. Killed 416 people. Katrina killed 1500. things were different 50 YEARS ago. The Katrina survivors had a blast so much so that many have moved back to N.O. Hoping another huge Hurricane will strike the city, just so they can re-live those "glorious" days of three squares, motels and FEMA trailers. I envy those people, they had it so good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southern University at New Orleans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Race complaints in La. gov's plan to merge schools (Apr '11) May '11 june 43
News Rev. Al Sharpton speaks out on SUNO/UNO merger (Mar '11) Apr '11 CaptainDelight 19
More from around the web