Huntsman: Ditch bickering in name of ...

Huntsman: Ditch bickering in name of patriotism

There are 12 comments on the Salon story from May 21, 2011, titled Huntsman: Ditch bickering in name of patriotism. In it, Salon reports that:

Pitching himself as a politician with international experience who would help the United States' economy rebound, former Utah Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Salon.

Herman DcCain

Scottsdale, AZ

#2 May 21, 2011
Ni How Ma ;-0000
imaginaryfriend

Plymouth, MI

#3 May 21, 2011
Teabaggers jingoism. Huntsman, you are a retardiCON. Go away!
citizen

Brookville, PA

#4 May 22, 2011
If you truely want to protect the economy. Well! I do not like sounding like a broken record, but you should review how the states implemented 911 addressing and you will discover what set off this whole economic recession to begin with. 911 addressing problems just cost the County of Jasper Texas at least 8000 Dollars in postage stamps, because 60% of their voter registration cards were returned to them by the U.S. Post Office. The main problem is that they changed named streets names to Cr or County Road #### and the average citizen can not get these stupid serial numbers right. These people are used to using the street names and not these phone non-descript whatever you want to call them. These phony government sponsored street indicators are putting the lives and property of the citizens in danger. 911 street addressing was implemented to increase safety response, but these fake addresses are make the streets unsafe. They are also causing problems for the U.S. Economy, but the shortsighted politicians responsible for this mess can not get past the idea that someone is trying to step on their toes. The system that they are trying to implement is a failure because this is a government by the people and not a dictatorship like they seem to think. There is a difference between having the right to set address and having the right to rename roads. The right to rename all roads inside a jurisdiction is unconstitutional if the entity does not directly own the roads or is violating an original easement grant. Which is held by contract law. There is no legal way that a court can rule a name on private property without permission of the original naming rights owner unless that owner sold these rights to the party who is trying to rename. The state can not enact a law that causes financial damage to a property or property owner without properly compensating the owners. A tax exemption for property usage does not count as a action allowing for the renaming of roads. It is only an action that allows the county or government agency access to the road. Anyway, the way 911 addressing was implemented in the DETCOG region of the state of Texas is causing problems that are directly destroying our economy. Return to sender, is destroying our mail system, and 911 addressing is destroying our way of communicating. There will be more bubbles associated with 911 addressing. But the main problem to be concerned with is that public officials are playing games with the lives and property of the citizens whether they are legally doing it or not does not matter. They are knowingly endangering the lives of your citizens, and are using their power to cover it up, but they are not going to be successful because this thing is a house of cards and will collaspe again and again and it will take the lives of people, property, and tax-payors dollars with each collaspe. It is the secondary problem causing the U.S. Post Offices direct monetary deficiet, but it is the primary reason the U.S. Post Office is losing business.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Buford, GA

#5 May 22, 2011
Ditch Bickering in the name of faux Patriotism?

Tell that to the Most Divisive totus in US History Blobama.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Buford, GA

#6 May 22, 2011
Huntsman has a Long way to go in convincing people he can be trusted after working for the Maggot.

Since: Feb 07

Whitman,Ma

#7 May 22, 2011
He shot himsrlf in the fot in NH. He wants to give illegals right and a place in this country. He is a moonbat and could actually be hiding the that he might from MA.

“President DOWNGRADE..Ha Ha Ha!”

Since: Sep 09

Windermere, FL

#8 May 22, 2011
A lot of good he did in China.{sarcasm}

I hope he doesn't think that is going to work with American voters...
TEA Bagger

United States

#9 May 22, 2011
We're going to vote in a CHRISTIAN! Not a Muslim and definitely NOT A MORMON - Huntsman and Romney you can sit down now!
liz

United States

#10 May 22, 2011
I will give most anyone a chance before I will help
Obama back for 4 more yrs..
I truly think, if he is given another term,
we will kiss our country good-by!

BUT.....I don't see any of those who voted for
him last time, changing their minds (what minds???)
Hes already on the trail to infect the minds of those who
just might turn. Look how many fell for his
crap and are still doing so
Repugnorant

Decatur, GA

#11 May 22, 2011
Repugs only care about patriotism when a repub is in the Oval Office.

See above posts before you disagree.
CTPati

Woodbury, CT

#12 May 23, 2011
The referenced Salon article ended with this statement by Huntsman:

"Anyone who has bet against this country long-term has lost his money."

Sorry to say that he is wrong about that, because the evil George Soros has made hundreds of BILLIONS betting against not only the U.S., but many other countries.

Soros delights in bringing down the currencies of countries, for his own evil, selfish purposes--and has even likened himself to a god.:-(
CTPati

Woodbury, CT

#13 May 23, 2011
liz wrote:
I will give most anyone a chance before I will help
Obama back for 4 more yrs..
I truly think, if he is given another term,
we will kiss our country good-by!
BUT.....I don't see any of those who voted for
him last time, changing their minds (what minds???)
He's already on the trail to infect the minds of those who
just might turn. Look how many fell for his
crap and are still doing so.
I mostly agree with your post---except that there are some people waking up to the gross incompetence and anti-Americanism of PBO. Hopefully more and more will do so, as the economy continues to decline and joblessness to remain very high.

I will ultimately support the GOP nominee, as anyone would be better than Obama, and as you say "we will kiss our country good-bye!" if he is re-elected.:-(

I do hope and pray that we get a person of not only competence but complete INTEGRITY as the nominee, and I'm not sure Huntsman qualifies best in integrity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southern New Hampshire University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Business in the Arts Awards to be held in May Apr '16 Julie Jane 1
News Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Ben & Jerr... Feb '16 EMMA 1
News Live Blog: Bernie Sanders in Hudson, N.H. (Jan '16) Jan '16 MARI ANN STJOHN 3
News Hillary Backs Taxpayer Funding of Abortion (Jan '16) Jan '16 Need Not Be Kneeling 1
News Huntsman inches toward White House bid (May '11) May '11 PooPoo Platter 19
News Soon-to-be-married SNHU grads voted off 'Weddin... (May '11) May '11 jax 1
News Online success depends on learning style (Oct '10) Mar '11 Edward E Smith Ph... 2
More from around the web