Horses Stolen From Arkansas School Fo...

Horses Stolen From Arkansas School Found In Oklahoma

There are 14 comments on the KTUL-TV Tulsa story from Nov 16, 2011, titled Horses Stolen From Arkansas School Found In Oklahoma. In it, KTUL-TV Tulsa reports that:

Ty Lester, left, with Southern Arkansas University President Dr. David Rankin and "Grey," one of the five horses that was stolen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTUL-TV Tulsa.

Hmmmmmmmm

Alexandria, LA

#1 Nov 16, 2011
The coach finds the horses?! Seems awfully fishy!
emmit ellis

United States

#2 Nov 16, 2011
Hmmmmmmmm wrote:
The coach finds the horses?! Seems awfully fishy!
the coach and one of the students who's horse was missing! I don't think the coach had anything to do with it
SAU Grad

Moscow, TN

#3 Nov 17, 2011
The coach sounds like he was the only one who knew how to find them. Used another horse that knew the ones missing and they knew her. You must not know much about horses or other animals.
Anonymous

Magnolia, AR

#4 Nov 17, 2011
Hmmmmmmm and SAU Grad....you two are gonna look awful foolish when they find the real thieves! I bet you two would know something about that??? Otherwise you wouldn't be blaming the coach, who had absolutely nothing to do with it!! Just sit tight... they will find the sorry thieves who did this and the safest place for them will be the county jail!!!!! There is a lot of folks pissed off over this and these cowards will pay!!!!
SAU Grad

United States

#5 Nov 17, 2011
You have got it all wrong. I was not even hinting that the coach had anything to do with it. I was merely saying that he was smart enough to know to carry another horse that the stolen ones would know to look for them. Read the post before you jump to conclusions.
Cajun

Paris, TX

#6 Nov 17, 2011
When the coach and team member has to go find the horses is pretty bad. This is not saying very much for McCurtain County, OK law enforcement. Remember McCurtain County has the reputation for being the marijuana capital of the US. Maybe it was good they did not feed the horses some of their "grass".
no name

United States

#7 Nov 18, 2011
I would love to know who their suspects are.The Arkansas law will have to push this because if they wait for mccurtain county law to do something they will be waiting a long time.The law needs to check out this person (Irving Pond) talk to his ex girlfriend Janell Hankins. She can tell them a lot. He has no problem tying things up in the woods.Hell he tied her out in the woods to a tree and left her. She managed to get away and left him for good.He is really abusive, just ask anyone in Tom,Ok. everyone knows him,and yes he used to train horses.He is the kind of sick b------ that would do something like this! Another thing is his nephew and niece both went to college in Magnolia,ar.HMMMMMMMM
stanger

Emerson, AR

#8 Nov 18, 2011
I agree with some of the others the whole thing sounds fishy. A stablemate of the stolen horses is taken with them to an area that should of already been thoroughly searched and the horse whinnies the the others answer, come on home Lassie moment. All of this done on a stormy night in McCurtain county Oklahoma, arguably the tornado capital of the south. This didn't happen without inside knowledge or a tip from someone who dropped them off after the tip was given.
no name

United States

#9 Nov 18, 2011
If you wait for mccurtain county law to thoroughly search the woods or anywhere else your wasting precious time.
animal activist

United States

#10 Nov 19, 2011
I am very pleased for the return of the horses. The job is not complete. One horse remains unfound. We are praying for a miracle for the welfare of all. Lets tie those responsible to a tree with no water or food, spray paint their bodies. I wonder how long they will last. a stiff fine and jail time doesn't seen adquite.
Hmmmmmmmm

Alexandria, LA

#11 Nov 20, 2011
It would just be nice to find the other horse and figure out who did this. Does this missing horse not have a horse that can call out to it, too? I'm not sure where the fishy-ness is coming from, but this case seems far from closed.
breal

United States

#12 Nov 25, 2011
I have horses and they don't help you find horses in a totally different state sorry to tell you! Obviously you don't know horses what the horse say hey lets drive to Oklahoma I'll help ya! Really lets be real here! Lol I would question the coach too!
no name

United States

#13 Nov 25, 2011
My heart sank when I heard they found the last horses remains in oklahoma.Whoever did this better hope and pray they go to jail,[allthough that's too good for them,]because if the law lets them slip out of this,I think there is too many people out here that is infuriated over this and they will not let them go unpunished!!!Vengance is mine said the Lord,but in this case I think it's going to be different.
animal activist

United States

#14 Nov 27, 2011
My heart goes out to the owner. what a terrible loss. Let justice prevail.10

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southern Arkansas University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Three Plead Guilty In SAU Horse Theft Case (Apr '13) Mar '14 Lone Ranger 5
News Broken Bow Woman To Be Sentenced For Stealing H... (Dec '13) Feb '14 thaKIDD 2
News Idabel Woman Sentenced To Prison For Stealing H... (Jan '14) Feb '14 thaKIDD 2
News SE Oklahoma Woman Charged With Horse Thefts Cha... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Robyn 1
News Trial on the Way in the Case of Stolen Horses F... (Mar '13) Mar '13 All The Same 13
Felicia Payne's Mother (Jul '12) Jul '12 Magnolia Court Re... 1
News Starting college in high school (Mar '12) Apr '12 Johnette Ponder 4
More from around the web