Marijuana decriminalization advocates consider Cape Girardeau as focal point of campaign efforts

Jun 2, 2009 Full story: Southeast Missourian 1,174

Advocates working toward a marijuana decriminalization initiative have named Cape Girardeau, along with several other Missouri cities, as a possible focal point of their campaign efforts in 2010, the Associated Press reported.

Read more
First Prev
of 59
Next Last
moon

United States

#1 Jun 3, 2009
Please vote YES
ghb

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Jun 3, 2009
u have my vote
No one

Saint Ann, MO

#3 Jun 3, 2009
I'll vote yes,
but unfortunately the FDA will not approve, and the jack booted thugs in the DEA, will not recognize Missouri's right to choose they will continue to hand down federal sentences and charge people under federal law.
Fuzzy Goober

Springfield, MO

#4 Jun 3, 2009
It's more expensive to prosecute through the Fed. system.

Every little step...
AJS

Victoria, TX

#5 Jun 4, 2009
Of course it is. Decriminalizing it is just putting a bandage over this ridiculous crusade against a smoking weed. In Europe, this is totally a non-issue, as they dont have the time or money to make this a political issue. I am USA citizen of course and love my citiZEN...ship. But, how much more money and jails and courts and judges are we going to tie up in this redundant debate over legal/decrim. NORML.org is working on it, they have the facts on their website.
HunterThompsonDu de

Victoria, TX

#6 Jun 4, 2009
NORML.org .........give what you can please.
Bag of Bones

Ava, MO

#7 Jun 15, 2009
Just like chlorene in the country's water systems, every public and private building in America should have HEMP, continously introduced into the heat/AC ducts...

it would mellow out everyone and there would be no more WAR!

...and Nabisco/Frito Lay/etc. would make millions MORE selling snack foods.

( I'm not advocating that just because I own their stock ...or ...well ...maybe?)

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#8 Jun 15, 2009
Decriminalization of marijuana ?? Hmmm - O K , here's an idea - In order to legally possess or consume pot , you must first surrender your drivers license(if they're not already suspended)- Sell , junk , or transfer all motor vehicles from your name - divorce your spouse (no one should have to live with a bud freak)- give the kids up for adoption -(unsafe environment)- go ahead and quit your job (you're gonna get fired eventually)- volunteer for friendly home eviction (inevitable )- alienate all friends,family,and household pets - And , last but not least , before you get arrested on several felony charges and are convicted of all of them , sentenced to life without the possibility of parole , please go VOTE YES on this measure - This statement may be copied or reproduced by anyone with my express permission - Thanks -

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
finally

Ozark, MO

#9 Jun 15, 2009
we pay 49k a year to house marijuana criminals. thats just rediculous. read about eureka springs and their efforts. thay have just decided to turn a blind eye to it.
finally

Ozark, MO

#10 Jun 15, 2009
eureka springs, arkansas

Location hidden

#11 Jun 15, 2009
finally wrote:
we pay 49k a year to house marijuana criminals. thats just rediculous. read about eureka springs and their efforts. thay have just decided to turn a blind eye to it.
Sorry , bro , even tho I live in the "herb"growing capital of Ky., better to lock 'em up , rather than have to string 'em up - And , eventually , the lynch parties would get tiring -
Parks and Rec

Maple Grove, MN

#12 Jun 15, 2009
Knowitall9 wrote:
Decriminalization of marijuana ?? Hmmm - O K , here's an idea - In order to legally possess or consume pot , you must first surrender your drivers license(if they're not already suspended)- Sell , junk , or transfer all motor vehicles from your name - divorce your spouse (no one should have to live with a bud freak)- give the kids up for adoption -(unsafe environment)- go ahead and quit your job (you're gonna get fired eventually)- volunteer for friendly home eviction (inevitable )- alienate all friends,family,and household pets - And , last but not least , before you get arrested on several felony charges and are convicted of all of them , sentenced to life without the possibility of parole , please go VOTE YES on this measure - This statement may be copied or reproduced by anyone with my express permission - Thanks -
As long as you are willing to do the same for alcohol (far more intoxicating, lethal and addictive) and cigarettes then I think you may have a winning platform, lol.
finally

Ozark, MO

#13 Jun 15, 2009
Knowitall9 wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry , bro , even tho I live in the "herb"growing capital of Ky., better to lock 'em up , rather than have to string 'em up - And , eventually , the lynch parties would get tiring -
im not your bro. my bros would never be so narrow minded. lynching? what century are you living in?your definition of a party is a little distorted. look up the definition. i dont think killing= party.

Location hidden

#14 Jun 15, 2009
finally wrote:
<quoted text>im not your bro. my bros would never be so narrow minded. lynching? what century are you living in?your definition of a party is a little distorted. look up the definition. i dont think killing= party.
The way inbreeding works , we might be cousins - Lynching useless forms of human life is , indeed frowned upon - However , liquid , or smoke , it's bullstuff , when spread on the bread of life - I promise not to drive anywhere while I'm high , really ?? I don't believe it - To each his own , just don't hit me -
finally

Ozark, MO

#15 Jun 15, 2009
might be cousins. i have alot of them around here so you could be right. rather high on marihuchi then alcohol
so what

Sikeston, MO

#16 Jun 15, 2009
Knowitall9 wrote:
<quoted text>The way inbreeding works , we might be cousins - Lynching useless forms of human life is , indeed frowned upon - However , liquid , or smoke , it's bullstuff , when spread on the bread of life - I promise not to drive anywhere while I'm high , really ?? I don't believe it - To each his own , just don't hit me -
you definitely wasted your time typing that cause you don't make sense.
Question

United States

#17 Jun 15, 2009
Knowitall9, I do know that there are more people killed in car accidents because of alcohol then marijuana. Now mind you I am not for marijuana use, but don't you think we should bring back prohibition. It would sure save lives.
finally

Ozark, MO

#18 Jun 16, 2009
so what wrote:
<quoted text> you definitely wasted your time typing that cause you don't make sense.
sorry, the phone was ringing and i was trying to finish this and get the phone. so, what i was trying to say was , we could be related, my dad screwed around alot. and i have ALOT of cousins. and, being around someone high on marijuana or alcohol, i choose marijuana. coming from an alcoholic family, i personally dont care much for the stuff. but ,people high on marijuana is much easier to take. just as long as you have enough twinkiies.

Location hidden

#19 Jun 16, 2009
so what wrote:
<quoted text> you definitely wasted your time typing that cause you don't make sense.
Actually , it does make sense - Druggies lose - Period - Pot , beer , shine ,nicotine, caffeine , they're all drug related in some way - We already have too much to worry about without legalizing a noxious weed - The kin folk jab was just to draw attention - Opinions and anal ports , one of each to each of us - To use as we see fit - I would vote lleh NO -
Question

United States

#20 Jun 16, 2009
Knowitall9 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually , it does make sense - Druggies lose - Period - Pot , beer , shine ,nicotine, caffeine , they're all drug related in some way - We already have too much to worry about without legalizing a noxious weed - The kin folk jab was just to draw attention - Opinions and anal ports , one of each to each of us - To use as we see fit - I would vote lleh NO -
I agree with you all the way. Why don't they prohobition on liquor sales anyway could it be revenue. Heck they have almost wiped out the tobacco industry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 59
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southeast Missouri State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Most of the Heartland under Winter Storm Warning Mar 3 Guest 1
News Gay-Straight Alliance working for equality at S... (Apr '13) Feb '15 AllAlongTheWatcht... 86
News Three bands set to rock Scott City's Schock's Pub (Jul '09) Jan '15 Guest 25
News Cape Middle welcomed back (Aug '14) Aug '14 homeroom teacher 1
News Better Business Bureau to open office in Cape G... (Jun '14) Jun '14 steven 5
News Bequest provides $3M in scholarship funds (Mar '14) Mar '14 Guest 1
News Old Town Cape presents awards at Annual Dinner (Feb '14) Mar '14 Boomer 2
More from around the web