Beel - Potts

Jun 28, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Southeast Missourian

Roy and Barbara Beel of Jackson announce the engagement of their daughter, Robyn Jean Beel, to Shaun Michael Potts, both of Cape Girardeau.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 68 of68
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Baba

Moscow Mills, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2009

Judged:

class 05 wrote:
It doesnt really matter to me if mr. bass was a stand up guy outside of his illegal activities. i would very much like to know if he will be fired or allowed to resign. I would find it appropriate for him to resign his post. he deserves the trip through the justice system (which most likely will be a reduced charge and probation for his first offense) and i hope they can find a fair punishment for him. we all make mistakes, and a little leniency would make sense in this case. still, we expect law abiding elected officials
Matt should be Baba's new boyfriend. Justice is bilnd. Let Matt experience the real law.
f off

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2009

Judged:

go ahead eat mc donalds. dont support these small family businesses. cops need to eat too. wow shows your brian capacity. kb is a family businees that has been around 21 years you know what you want to be like that who cares where you eat a** hole. you probably dont need fast food anyways. but they have amazing salads, maybe you should try one. o and there meat has all that FAT drained off too!!!
what

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Judged:

W.T.F. Judging from your post, looks like you may be on morphine and fentanyl, as well.
f off wrote:
go ahead eat mc donalds. dont support these small family businesses. cops need to eat too. wow shows your brian capacity. kb is a family businees that has been around 21 years you know what you want to be like that who cares where you eat a** hole. you probably dont need fast food anyways. but they have amazing salads, maybe you should try one. o and there meat has all that FAT drained off too!!!
TeeRoy Gal

Defiance, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Judged:

Mr. Bass is NOT the victim here. He IS the perpetrator of a crime. The real victims are those that believed enough in him to elect him.......his family.....the two other stand-up
commsioners.... and the police, who will be battered about as conspiritors and evil doers that arrested this "poor man". And to those that say others should have cared more and helped Mr.Bass - you cannot help someone who doesn't want your help. Oh... another victim would be the poor person who posted this about an engagement.
tona

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Judged:

All any of this demonstrates is that no matter who you are, you are susceptible to making poor judgments in life.
These poor judgments have consequences...consequences that not only effect you but directly effect your family, friends and your community be it your neighbor or a larger portion of the community as in Matt's case.

If any of you think you are above consequential, poor judgment you are setting yourself up for when, not if.

Is Matt deserving of whatever punishment comes his way? Of course he is...that is just how things need to be. Is he deserving of more or less than say another person would be in a similar situation?
I couldn't answer that and neither could anyone else as that is a matter for the justice system to determine as they review all of the "factual evidences and testimony."

Should we be more coarse in our judgment of Matt and his actions? Only you can make that call...personally, I've experienced too much to look so hard on any one individual who has made a mistake, big or small, to cast an eye of disparagement upon.

My hope, and prayer, is that Matt receives a clearer picture of himself and his relationships and makes the changes necessary to enhance those instead of destroying them and that he receives any medical attention to help his condition.
paythepiper

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2010

Judged:

My wife stopped in there back in October and said he could barely talk he was so trashed. Bottom line he purchased an illegal drug and a drug patch that has caused several overdose deaths in the past few months. He BROKE the LAW. WHO CARES. I'm sure his family knew he had a problem, so why should someone pray for them. They should have gotten him help. Utter nonsense. Put it this way. My wife and her family have been customers of his for years, but stopped going because he is always doped out of his mind every time they visited. Time for him to do the time he deserves and get the help he deserves. Sure glad I don't live in Lincoln county where people elect individuals with narcotics dependency!!
Tim

Larchmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2010

It could have been YOU wrote:
I just hope the community will pray for Matt Bass and his family. It makes me want to cry to think this wonderful Christian Man just may end up in the pen. If so many of you people knew he had a drug problem WHY did you not try to help him. I know for a fact his back is in constant pain but I did not know he was hooked on drugs, but....some of you say you knew? If you did know...some
of the blame is yours.
Seriously? Let's let all the addicts out of jail and prison. Then we'll tell them where you live so they can come over and pray. When they steal your hard-earned belongings and crash on your floor for 6 months because they won't work because of their addiction, we'll pray for you. I agree people with addiction need help, but where's the accountability? What's different between Bass buying illegal prescriptions and these kids overdosing on heroin? Let's pray Drug Courts continue To be funded and supported by our communities. A cheaper alternative to incarceration while addressing addiction through intensive community structured supervision. Ask your local officials about it. It works to elliviate addiction, holds offenders accountable and keeps our tax money where it should be - with the taxpayers!
billy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

awsome

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 68 of68
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••