Autism Screenings Rescheduled...

Autism Screenings Rescheduled...

There are 16 comments on the KRCU-FM Cape Girardeau story from May 20, 2011, titled Autism Screenings Rescheduled.... In it, KRCU-FM Cape Girardeau reports that:

The Southeast Missouri State University S.H.O.W. Mobile and Autism Center will team up to offer free developmental screenings for autism in children in Dexter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KRCU-FM Cape Girardeau.

Yeah

United States

#1 May 20, 2011
They had plans to do them, but couldn't stay focused.
TRUTH

United States

#2 May 20, 2011
Autism is really one one of a few things:

1) A child born without a soul.
2) A child born without a conscience.
3) A child that could use a good beating.
4) A child whose parents don't know how to raise children properly.
5) All of the above.

Usually it's all of the above.
proud parent

United States

#3 May 20, 2011
To the poster named truth- you are stupid and an azzhole. You have no compassion. Autisim is now effecting 1 in 110. The odds are you will have someone close to you effected by autisim. How can u say these things?
bob

Dexter, MO

#4 May 21, 2011
Autisim is just a label that makes parents feel good about having that weird kid who can not socialize like a normal person. Back when I was in school there was always two or three weird ass kids in class, the one who was still eating boogers when he was 12 or the girl who peeed her pants every once in while. They were just different but did not have some "disease" now any kid that is weird the parents just excuse the behavior and say oh he is just autistic and there is nothing I can do about it therefore it is not my fault I can not control/raise my kid like a normal kid. There is not an increase in autism just and increase in parents useing it as an excuse!!!!!!!
proud parent

United States

#5 May 21, 2011
My child has autisim. Its not used as an excuse. It hasn't stopped him from doing great things with his life. He has a college education and is not that "wierd" kid u were referring to. People with attitudes like yourselves make me sick. Its now effecting 1 in 110. It could possibly hit close to home with one of your kids or grandchildren someday. I bet your attitude and way of thinking would change real fast
Whatever

Kennett, MO

#6 May 24, 2011
Autism is the new word for "Mentally Retarded". It just sounds better. Years ago that is what is was called, same thing different name!
proud parent

United States

#7 May 27, 2011
I don't think so. I'm willing to bet my child has a higher IQ then you.
autism dad

Kathleen, GA

#8 May 27, 2011
We know the challenges that are presented to us on a day to day basis. We are also well educated in the matter. My child is nonverbal at 6 years old, but he has a higher IQ than anyone on this forum. Truth, bob, and whatever were the "weird" "retarded" little kids. They just didn't have an excuse!! I would leave them be. I pray that they don't have to put up with the challenges we have to pay. Judging the way they talk, they couldn't handle it. They are just little weaklings.
what

Campbell, MO

#9 May 27, 2011
?
grrrr

United States

#10 May 27, 2011
Albert enstien was believed to have had a high functioning autism you would hardly call him mentally retarded. My nephew has a high functioning autism he tested 6 points below genius. My friends child is a non verbal severely autistic child his parents work day and night trying to help him. My niece who has down syndrome and is tenically "mentally retarded" she is able to interact and show affection autistic kids cannot. If you have ever been close to a child with autism you would know the difference. You would know when you see this child respond to something anything dogs tend to be good for this and smile and interact you would know this child has a soul. conscience is something taught we teach our children right from wrong and i am guessing you were taught very little. Beating a child who doesnt understand you, really? You are an idiot hitting never solves anything specially not a handicap child and you have a soul and conscience? Parents who dont know how to raise their children i am hoping you are raising your children better then you were raised empathy is important for kids to learn. Truth by your own def you are austic, but we who know children with autisim know that cant be possible because those kids have a higher iq then you. You are nothing but a lowlife.bullying handicap children and their parents, your parents must be so proud.you should be ashamed. you sicken me. You are what wrong with world today.
autism dad

Kathleen, GA

#11 May 27, 2011
My comment was to "proud parent"
proud parent

United States

#12 May 27, 2011
Well put grrrr and autistic dad.
proud parent

United States

#13 May 27, 2011
Uhhhh I hope u weren't going off on me autistic dad because I was saying that I bet my child ( who is autistic) has a higher IQ then whatever, bob, and truth.
proud parent

United States

#14 May 27, 2011
I reread what u posted autisim dad. Sorry I must of took it wrong the first time. I understand what your saying now.
autism dad

Kathleen, GA

#15 May 28, 2011
proud parent wrote:
I reread what u posted autisim dad. Sorry I must of took it wrong the first time. I understand what your saying now.
No worries proud parent. I was so agravated by what other people were posting that it didn't come out right in text. BTW, I am not autistic. My son is 6 and ASD/PDD non-verbal.
proud parent

United States

#16 May 28, 2011
I'm sorry I said autistic dad. I tend to fly off the handle pretty easily when anyone says anything about special needs people or kids. Whatever, bob, truth, and yeah are idiots. I wasn't thinking real clear there for a bit. My son has aspergers syndrome. It has been a long road for him but he has really been strong and worked through a lot of challenges. I hope everything works out for you and your family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southeast Missouri State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
grade a (Jan '17) Jan '17 BOB 1
News University student assault case against Garrita... (Aug '10) Aug '16 Guest 9
News SEMO president to become citizen on Fourth of July (Jun '16) Jun '16 Guest 1
News Three bands set to rock Scott City's Schock's Pub (Jul '09) Feb '16 guest 27
News Homecoming Parade claims parking spots in Downt... (Oct '15) Oct '15 parade goer 2
News Keeping Cape Girardeau flood wall clean a massi... (Oct '15) Oct '15 DapperDan 7
News Road Trippin' - Cape Girardeau (Jul '15) Sep '15 CreepyVanGuy 2
More from around the web