Class will cover ghost huntings and t...

Class will cover ghost huntings and techniques

There are 19 comments on the The Standard Democrat story from Sep 27, 2008, titled Class will cover ghost huntings and techniques. In it, The Standard Democrat reports that:

A different type of hunting course will be offered next month in Sikeston. But instead of searching for wild animals, the object of this one-night workshop is to hunt ghosts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Standard Democrat.

Since: Sep 08

Sikeston, MO

#1 Sep 28, 2008
Who is going to teach it? Peter, Egon, Ray or Winston

“Totally Super Fantastic”

Since: Aug 08

Old Deadrid

#2 Sep 28, 2008
Those would be the people to call when you need teachers like that.

Who ya gonna call? Ghostbusters!!!
Ghostbuster Wannabe

United States

#3 Sep 29, 2008
I signed up for the class. The movie "The Sixth Sense" was based on a real person's experiences with the paranormal. That person will be there along with two other people who are involved in paranormal research. I think it is cool that something this interesting is being offered by SEMO. I think the discussion part of the class will be very interesting.

Columbia, MO

#4 Sep 29, 2008
Actually, Mr. Freeze is probably talking about the class in Sikeston. I saw where SEMO is having one, too.

http://web.me.com/sctc.adult.ed/SCTC_Adult_an...

This is the article that was in the Standard.

http://www.standard-democrat.com/story/146524...

Sikeston, MO

#5 Sep 29, 2008
If it is actually like that show Ghost Hunters on SciFi i'd attend
take charge

Jackson, MO

#6 Sep 29, 2008
guest wrote:
Actually, Mr. Freeze is probably talking about the class in Sikeston. I saw where SEMO is having one, too.
this is about the one in sikeston not SEMO
Ghostbuster Wannabe

United States

#7 Sep 29, 2008
I signed up for the one at SEMO, it sounds really interesting to me. I an anxious to hear what they have to say. I think it will be presented in a professional way and not a hokey halloween party kind of atmosphere. I believe this class was inspired by the interest in recent television shows like Ghosthunters and Paranormal State. You should check it out too. The more the merrier.

Columbia, MO

#8 Sep 29, 2008
The one is Sikeston isn't supposed to be hokey either. They've got some professionals from St. Louis coming in to present to the class.(They did the class at SEMO last year.) Someone at the school said they're still looking for sites to go to off of campus. They're going to bring equipment that they use in hunts, show how to use it, then go use it.

They were in a ghost hunting documentary on Sci-Fi earlier this year, and are in one that will be coming on there very soon too.

Mr. Freeze, I'd think it would be what you're looking for.

Sikeston, MO

#9 Oct 2, 2008
they need to check out the Hunter-Dawson home in New Madrid i heard that it really is haunted

“Totally Super Fantastic”

Since: Aug 08

Old Deadrid

#10 Oct 2, 2008
Mr Freeze wrote:
they need to check out the Hunter-Dawson home in New Madrid i heard that it really is haunted
It's about as haunted as old boards creeking, and wood settling in. People say a lot of things about that place, but I don't live but a bunny hop away from that house and I've never seen anything strange out there. Just an old house that's been taken care of.

No lie, I'd love to spend a night in that house and see what the big deal is, but the people in charge of the Dawson house won't allow it. Nope. Just won't allow it.

Columbia, MO

#11 Oct 14, 2008
Anything else haunted in or around Sikeston? I'll be in the class this weekend, and I heard we still need somewhere to go.

Sikeston, MO

#12 Oct 16, 2008
guest wrote:
Anything else haunted in or around Sikeston? I'll be in the class this weekend, and I heard we still need somewhere to go.
If you go to www.theshadowlands.net they have a list of real haunted places listed by state and city
ghost hunters

Chesterfield, MO

#15 Oct 17, 2008
guest wrote:
I've signed up too. Mr. McGill said something about going to the Dixie Theater in New Madrid and a few other places in town.

Columbia, MO

#16 Oct 21, 2008
the class was really fun. anyone that wasn't there missed a great night.
ghost hunter

Columbia, MO

#17 Oct 27, 2008
When are they having another one? I heard really cool things about it, and I heard they're looking at going somewhere else next time. Any idea where?

Columbia, MO

#18 Feb 6, 2009
April 25

Columbia, MO

#19 Apr 2, 2009
Is the class full? Someone told me there was already a waiting list.
ghostylicious

Lexington, KY

#20 Apr 2, 2009
did you know cape girardeau has their own paranormal research team? go to capeparanormal.com to find out more! they have all types of equipment and it is exactly like the show paranormal state. if you want them to investigate something it is completely free. very very cool! check out the videos to see where they have been!!!!

Columbia, MO

#21 Apr 2, 2009
Thanks. I hadn't heard of them. They need to add a bit to that page, though. It doesn't say anything about them, their investigations, beliefs, evidence....anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southeast Missouri State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News SEMO president to become citizen on Fourth of July 2 hr Guest 1
News Three bands set to rock Scott City's Schock's Pub (Jul '09) Feb '16 guest 27
News Homecoming Parade claims parking spots in Downt... (Oct '15) Oct '15 parade goer 2
News Keeping Cape Girardeau flood wall clean a massi... (Oct '15) Oct '15 DapperDan 7
News Road Trippin' - Cape Girardeau (Jul '15) Sep '15 CreepyVanGuy 2
News Most of the Heartland under Winter Storm Warning (Mar '15) Mar '15 Guest 1
News Gay-Straight Alliance working for equality at S... (Apr '13) Feb '15 AllAlongTheWatcht... 86
More from around the web