Oliver announces bid for prosecutor

Oliver announces bid for prosecutor

There are 167 comments on the Daily Statesman story from Nov 22, 2009, titled Oliver announces bid for prosecutor. In it, Daily Statesman reports that:

A Bloomfield attorney has announced a bid for the Stoddard County Prosecuting Attorney seat that is up for election next year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Statesman.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Guest 3

Saint Louis, MO

#164 Feb 25, 2010
Curious wrote:
Why does the DailyStatesman show Briney is running uncontested if Oliver is running against him??
It might mean he is uncontested on the Democrate ticket. But it is strange Oliver has not filed yet, but on the other hand he did stand up in front of 210 people last Saturday night at the Lincon Day Republican dinner & announce his running. Makes one wonder HUMMMM
voter

Englewood, CO

#165 Feb 26, 2010
go oliver!
Curious

United States

#166 Feb 26, 2010
Guest 3 wrote:
<quoted text>It might mean he is uncontested on the Democrate ticket. But it is strange Oliver has not filed yet, but on the other hand he did stand up in front of 210 people last Saturday night at the Lincon Day Republican dinner & announce his running. Makes one wonder HUMMMM
Yes! If he wants my vote he's going to have to display a little more of the "go get em" attitude. So far all I've seen is procrastination and unreliability. I've talked to several people and he's always late and not very reliable as a lawyer. Hardly ever returns phone calls, late for court and very lazy on follow-ups.
against Russ Oliver

Jackson, MO

#167 Feb 26, 2010
Russ, you are not prosecutor material, you have to grow some hair on your balls first!!
Besides, no one likes you, you are a pee-on,a weazel, and the site of you offends me. If a vote was taken of the individuals who have had to work with you, not the ones who hired you to work for them, you would be band from the court room a long time ago. Why don't you learn to pay your bills first before you pay to run for a political office postition. You would think an attorney would be able to pay for his cell phone bill!!! Oh and I think Stoddard County needs a prosecuting attorney that has the balls to stand up for what he believes is right, not the one who would tuck his tail and agree with what everyone else says..I wouldn't want you to be my attorney when prosecuting someone who robbed me, stole something, manufactured drugs or abused a child, you would plea everyone out becuase you cannot stand up and fight for what is right...
Matlock

United States

#168 Feb 28, 2010
So, we have a choice of,

A.) A challenger who doesn't pay his cell phone bill on time and most likely will plea bargain everything because he won't "stand up and fight."

B.) An incumbent who works together with a dirty judge (who has been turned in to the Judicial Commission, as well as having been exposed as corrupt in the Ellis trial), as well as certain corrupt members of law enforcement to falsely imprison people. An incumbent who has a verified history of plea bargaining to gain convictions, usually because he charges people with little or no real evidence and couldn't win at trial if his victims had the resources to afford a decent lawyer to fight the charges all the way through.

Looks like a choice between the lesser of two evils.
Perry Mason

United States

#169 Mar 1, 2010
What the latest Matlock, I hope we get things cleaned up somewhat at Electin.
What's the latest lowdown.
Matlock

United States

#171 Mar 2, 2010
Perry Mason wrote:
What the latest Matlock, I hope we get things cleaned up somewhat at Electin.
What's the latest lowdown.
Lots going on at Lisa Coatney's blog, but nothing to do with Stoddard County.

She is asking for prayer, acknowledging that any victories for the side of justice will only be the result of Divine intervention. She has alot of supporters who are complying, but you can never have too many people praying for you and the people you are trying to help. Also, her health keeps declining, and she has been limited concerning what she can handle physically.

It looks to me that she has done about all she can do concerning Stoddard County corruption. It is up to the CRRD, Bar, and Justice Dept. to do anything. I don't know if the Kansas City attorney is going to handle a civil suit for a Stoddard County resident or not, no word in that area.

The best bet is to get behind Oliver for prosecutor and hope that Kelly runs for judge. If the incumbents are voted out of office, it will send a message to corrupt officials.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southeast Missouri State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
grade a (Jan '17) Jan '17 BOB 1
News University student assault case against Garrita... (Aug '10) Aug '16 Guest 9
News SEMO president to become citizen on Fourth of July (Jun '16) Jun '16 Guest 1
News Three bands set to rock Scott City's Schock's Pub (Jul '09) Feb '16 guest 27
News Homecoming Parade claims parking spots in Downt... (Oct '15) Oct '15 parade goer 2
News Keeping Cape Girardeau flood wall clean a massi... (Oct '15) Oct '15 DapperDan 7
News Road Trippin' - Cape Girardeau (Jul '15) Sep '15 CreepyVanGuy 2
More from around the web