Oliver announces bid for prosecutor

Oliver announces bid for prosecutor

There are 167 comments on the Daily Statesman story from Nov 22, 2009, titled Oliver announces bid for prosecutor. In it, Daily Statesman reports that:

A Bloomfield attorney has announced a bid for the Stoddard County Prosecuting Attorney seat that is up for election next year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Statesman.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Perry Mason

AOL

#1 Nov 22, 2009
About time, hope you win.
welcome back loser

New Harmony, IN

#2 Nov 22, 2009
Oliver slash perry, you are a joke!
Franknbeenz

Cape Girardeau, MO

#3 Nov 23, 2009
I won't vote for him because of you Perry!
Perry Mason

AOL

#4 Nov 23, 2009
Hey be your own man and do as you please dude.
yepper

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Nov 23, 2009
Perry, where is the outrage at the Statesman because there isn't a place on the website to comment on this article? Perhaps you could rattle the cage of your buddy "fyi" and you two could start a new smear campaign against Noreen.
Franknbeenz

Cape Girardeau, MO

#6 Nov 23, 2009
yepper wrote:
Perry, where is the outrage at the Statesman because there isn't a place on the website to comment on this article? Perhaps you could rattle the cage of your buddy "fyi" and you two could start a new smear campaign against Noreen.
OMG where is the outrage!!!!!! Idiots
Perry Mason

AOL

#7 Nov 23, 2009
I'm sure Noreen wouldn't want to cut her information line incase Briney wins, she wont hurt who feeds her.
It's common sense, open your minds.
yepper

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Nov 23, 2009
As you know, those information lines can help or (most often) hurt your opponent.
ghost-whisperer

Sikeston, MO

#9 Nov 23, 2009
Isn't BW that guy that talks to trash cans and telephone poles? Is he the prosecutor??
the truth

United States

#10 Nov 24, 2009
you bet,"if it ain't broke don't fix it".
loser

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Nov 25, 2009
He is Don Rhodes sidekick! Honestly, is this really a step up or just a step sideways?
log splitter

Sikeston, MO

#12 Nov 25, 2009
loser wrote:
He is Don Rhodes sidekick! Honestly, is this really a step up or just a step sideways?
What the hell is that suppose to mean? "Don Rhodes sidekick"?
Perry Mason

AOL

#13 Nov 27, 2009
Go Russ.
Bloomfieldian

Cape Girardeau, MO

#14 Nov 27, 2009
My vote is against anything Perry says. If he says all politicians are bad, then Oliver will be tainted as soon as he's elected. I've never heard him say anything good about an elected official. So I'm voting to have Oliver removed the first day he's in office. Besides, Briney had a touching article in the North Stoddard Countian this week. He's even working on Saturday mornings. (call ahead). God bless Briney Welborn.
Kelly Egan

Jackson, MO

#15 Nov 28, 2009
Mr. Oliver, it is my prayer that as prosecuting attorney you will enforce protection orders and begin to give harsh penalties to those in violation of such. It is my desire to see a change in this county and I realize alot of you guys time is spent clearing up false claims and tending to people using the justice system as a form of revenge against others. We need to make penalties for people that make false claims and reports and it would free up the systems time to dedicate more time to the issues that really require justice. I have no personal issues with Briney either but feel it is time to make a change. You have my vote sir.
let us know

United States

#17 Nov 28, 2009
when a person commits a crime or has been charged, if Mr. Oliver will promise to file only the charges he is suspected of commiting and not throw in a lot of other charges, just to make the person look worse like Briney does, you Mr. Oliver will gets many more votes. also, you won't have to prove as much. True you won't have as much to plea bargin for, but you are being a fair person, not like the animal we have for a P.A. at the present time.
Yes

United States

#18 Nov 28, 2009
you are correct, the citizens of Stoddard Co. can see this type of justice. and see just what type of P.A. we have. we deserve a fair amd honest person in that office, not some one that abuses his power and his office.
Yes We Can

United States

#19 Nov 28, 2009
The people of Stoddard Co. deserves a P.A. that does not abuse his power and office, like Briney does. Time for a change the old is out and the new in. Just like New Year's Day.
Perry Mason

AOL

#20 Nov 28, 2009
Yes we need some help in our County for sure, its time for a person to be in the office that will be fair and not curse the poor when their at the worst times.
You just don't arrest without evidence.
Yes we can

East Saint Louis, IL

#21 Nov 29, 2009
a woman in Sweden was taking a walk in the wood, she was killed. Guess who was charged for the murder? Her husband. Guess who did it? a moose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southeast Missouri State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Road Trippin' - Cape Girardeau Jul '15 Guest 1
News Most of the Heartland under Winter Storm Warning Mar '15 Guest 1
News Gay-Straight Alliance working for equality at S... (Apr '13) Feb '15 AllAlongTheWatcht... 86
News Three bands set to rock Scott City's Schock's Pub (Jul '09) Jan '15 Guest 25
News Cape Middle welcomed back (Aug '14) Aug '14 homeroom teacher 1
News Better Business Bureau to open office in Cape G... (Jun '14) Jun '14 steven 5
News Bequest provides $3M in scholarship funds (Mar '14) Mar '14 Guest 1
More from around the web