Boyd to appear in homecoming parade, ...

Boyd to appear in homecoming parade, receive award

There are 11 comments on the Suntimes News story from Oct 22, 2008, titled Boyd to appear in homecoming parade, receive award. In it, Suntimes News reports that:

Neal Boyd of Sikeston, a Southeast Missouri State University alumnus and recent winner of the NBC hit television series "America's Got Talent," will be in Cape Girardeau Saturday, Oct.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Suntimes News.

Hubert

Campbell, MO

#4 Oct 23, 2008
amazing young man wish him the best
Joker

Chagrin Falls, OH

#5 Oct 23, 2008
He is very talented. Glad he made it.

Cape Girardeau, MO

#6 Oct 23, 2008
when is this gonna be ?
Small Town

Jackson, MO

#7 Oct 23, 2008
OMG wrote:
hide your food and small kids fat boy is back.
Why all the hate... you are just jealous that you are a LOOSER!!

United States

#8 Oct 23, 2008
Not that I don't think he is extremely talented, because he is and I do believe he is talented, but he is a classically TRAINED, and I do mean TRAINED, vocalist. It is not as if he dropped out of high school and was plucked out by the producers of America's Got Talent.

He holds degrees in Music Performance and has had incredible instruction, so for me it kind of taints the winning of the contest.
your a douche

Cape Girardeau, MO

#9 Oct 23, 2008
guest wrote:
Not that I don't think he is extremely talented, because he is and I do believe he is talented, but he is a classically TRAINED, and I do mean TRAINED, vocalist. It is not as if he dropped out of high school and was plucked out by the producers of America's Got Talent.
He holds degrees in Music Performance and has had incredible instruction, so for me it kind of taints the winning of the contest.
yeah, when you take into consideration that he wasn't the only person with training, their were people who were previously signed musicians, you have just got to take the stick out of your ass and get over the fact that you suck at everything you do
CWB

Cape Girardeau, MO

#10 Oct 23, 2008
I'm not into that kind of music but that guy can pull it off.Also love seeing a guy make it after all the hard work he put into it.He deserves respect from us,I've never met him but have heard he's a great guy. He gave Sikeston a shout out,So,much love Neal Boyd I'm proud to be from the same hometown of a stand out man such as yourself.
Dexterite

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Oct 23, 2008
guest wrote:
Listen Pumpkin.........believe you me, there is no amount of training that could pull a sound out of my mouth that anyone would want to listen to!! It is a God given talent that you are born with and trainers, they just help fine tune it!!

I don't know why people would want to bash this talented and well liked man! Wish he was from our town..........WE ALL LOVED HIM! Go Neal E Boyd and make this whole area PROUD!
Sad Clown

Saint Charles, MO

#12 Oct 23, 2008
your a douche wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, when you take into consideration that he wasn't the only person with training, their were people who were previously signed musicians, you have just got to take the stick out of your ass and get over the fact that you suck at everything you do
I agree!
wonderful representation

United States

#13 Oct 24, 2008
NEAL DID AN OUTSTANDING JOB. I'M GLAD SOMEONE FROM OUR AREA WON! I VERY MUCH THOUGHT NUTTIN BUT STINGS SHOULD HAVE BEEN TIED WITH HIM. IF IT WERE NOT FOR THE FACT NEAL IS LOCAL I WOULD HAVE LIKED TO SEE STRINGS GET IT. I'M SUPER GLAD FOR NEAL THOUGH!
Papa Roach girl

United States

#14 Nov 1, 2008
guest wrote:
I do some what agree with you, but I don't recall anyone calling him a prodigy. Training does matter and so does size or physical makeup of his diaphram, vocal cords, etc... The point is, not just anyone can do that even with great training. I think it's great that he was able to see his dreams come true, inspiring the rest of us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southeast Missouri State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
grade a Jan '17 BOB 1
News University student assault case against Garrita... (Aug '10) Aug '16 Guest 9
News SEMO president to become citizen on Fourth of July (Jun '16) Jun '16 Guest 1
News Three bands set to rock Scott City's Schock's Pub (Jul '09) Feb '16 guest 27
News Homecoming Parade claims parking spots in Downt... (Oct '15) Oct '15 parade goer 2
News Keeping Cape Girardeau flood wall clean a massi... (Oct '15) Oct '15 DapperDan 7
News Road Trippin' - Cape Girardeau (Jul '15) Sep '15 CreepyVanGuy 2
More from around the web