Former DCHS principal named superintendent

There are 8 comments on the Cordele Dispatch, Cordele, GA story from Jul 12, 2009, titled Former DCHS principal named superintendent. In it, Cordele Dispatch, Cordele, GA reports that:

After reviewing applications, the Dooly County Board of Education has named Dr. Grady Miles as the new county school superintendent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cordele Dispatch, Cordele, GA.

Donna Miller

Clementon, NJ

#1 Aug 5, 2009
Look very carefully at his 'accomplishments.' Widespread accusations of cheating to achieve these great scores! Miles has had serious issues with accountability. Dig up his record. This is not a man you want leading children!
Anonymous

Wray, GA

#2 Aug 27, 2009
Hi Donna, After reading your quote I tried to research this man. Any suggestions as to where I could find more information on him? Thanks so much!!
Donna Miller wrote:
Look very carefully at his 'accomplishments.' Widespread accusations of cheating to achieve these great scores! Miles has had serious issues with accountability. Dig up his record. This is not a man you want leading children!
Donna

Clementon, NJ

#3 Aug 28, 2009
Anonymous wrote:
Hi Donna, After reading your quote I tried to research this man. Any suggestions as to where I could find more information on him? Thanks so much!!
<quoted text>
I owned The Citizen News in Edison GA. When I sold the paper, I left the new editor/owner with all my files. His name is Dave Brown. He moved the paper to Shellman, GA. I had copies of when he had his credentials suspended - misuse of public funds. I also had files of complaints of abuse of children. I spoke to several parents who moved their children out of the school he was principal of because of the physical abuse. The only reason he remains in his position is because his cronies help him land positions. This is not anyone you want over your children.
As far as high scores, it's because according to former students and former teachers, they give the kids the answers and then step out of the rooms. The teachers are promised big bonuses if they attain high scores. I have spoken to many of these students personally. Some high school students can't even read because of the social promotions. It's very sad..
Sharal

Brookings, SD

#4 Mar 12, 2010
Donna Miller wrote:
Quote Me. Who are you to accuse this man who you of something that you don't know. Fact 1-Grady Miles did not believe in corpal punishment when he was principal here at Dooly County High School. Fact 2-No child was ever hit or abused during his teniure her unless their parent came to the school and did ir themselves. Fact 3- We still have white teachers in the system even after they have been found guilty of slapping an elembentaty school child just because they lost it. And the white assistant superitendent gave the CRCT test to students (the actual test) to take for practice but that was just an honest mistake. We dont't need her either. Sure he was punished (for something he did not do) for someone white. But hey, the Black man has ALWAYS been the escape route for the White man. Yes, a white teacher is the one that gave students questions from the actual test BUT is was the principal that got punished. You see a lie just wants to be told doesn't matter who tells it. And all a roumer wants to do is get started. I have my facts and evidence unlike the person that sold the newspaper company.
Sharal

Brookings, SD

#5 Mar 12, 2010
I am sure that for one reason or another there are kids in your school that can't read and are in high school. How did they get there and why can't they read? SOCIAL PROMOTION. Our school population has risen she Dr. Grady Miles became superintendent. Why haven't you talked to some parents that kept their children here or even some that brought their children to this system? I have cpois of the crumpt up charges and the lied up results and not there was not a MISUSE of public funds. Get facts and stop jumping for everything you here.
Sharal

United States

#6 Mar 12, 2010
What happened to the comments? Do I know too much about the true side? Are you scared to show your evidence because I am not my is laid out and ready to view by all.
Donna Miller

Clementon, NJ

#7 Mar 12, 2010
I thoroughly investigated this man when I owned a newspaper. He had his certificate pulled for misuse of funds/resources. If your happy with him, then good. However, we were glad to rid the system of this man. The system is much better off without him and many of his his incompetent cronies.
Sharal

Minot, ND

#8 Mar 13, 2010
Donna Miller wrote:
I thoroughly investigated this man when I owned a newspaper. He had his certificate pulled for misuse of funds/resources. If your happy with him, then good. However, we were glad to rid the system of this man. The system is much better off without him and many of his his incompetent cronies.
You are the incompetent one and ignorant with it. Where were you when the charges were brought? Did the PSC send you a copy of their findings? Check with them. Did you get a copy of the court order? Get one. Yes his certificate was suspendend for 6 months. No he did not spend one second behind bars. You would think if you touched federal, state or local government funds you would have jail time(depending on how much) and/or you would have to make restitution. If you did things to children as bad as you say he did he would have a child abuse record. No, you are the one who needs to "Dig Up His Record". Where were you when Randolph or Clay hired him as a principal and school superintendent and he brought their system to recognition by the state for being a Title I Distinguished School. If you are so concern about our kids in Dooly County, Lee County is closer to your newspaper than Dooly, so why you didn't share your information with Randolph or Clay? Why don't you take this matter up the Dooly County Board of Education? Why did you put it on a site that no one in Dooly County knows about? Be a bold soilder, put your inormation where it can be seen. Dooly Countians know nothing about the South Carolina Topix. We have the Vienna News Observer as our legal organ. Try it. What's wrong with you, are you upset because your were moved from one school to another one well RESIGN.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Carolina State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News More Mar '15 freethinkradio do... 1
News More Feb '15 Terry Dale 1
News Bill Would Fire SC State Leaders, Keep School Open Feb '15 DDS 1
News Forestville womana s life inspired by Martin Lu... Jan '15 Gene 1
News Black Caucus Wants Eckstrom to Apologize (Apr '14) May '14 Taxpayer 3
News Columbia, SC News, Weather and Sports (Feb '11) Dec '13 Rosa Bogar 12
News Senators to discuss future of SC State (May '12) May '12 Yana 2
More from around the web