Harrison Mayor Fights Racial Stigma of His City

Jan 22, 2013 Full story: ArkansasMatters 15

A North Arkansas mayor is fighting an image of his city. Harrison Mayor Jeff Crockett says his town doesn't deserve to be associated with racial intolerance.

Full Story

“Will cause trouble when bored”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1 Jan 24, 2013
It's the national headquarters for the kkk what do you expect?
xxxx

Kansas City, MO

#2 Jan 24, 2013
What makes you think Harrison is the national Headquarters for the kkk??

“Will cause trouble when bored”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3 Jan 24, 2013
Because it is. I lived there for years. They claim Harrison as headquarters but it is actually a very small community about ten miles east.
xxxx

Kansas City, MO

#4 Jan 24, 2013
It may have it's fair share of racist people but there are headquarters for the kkk all over this country. My understanding is the kkk has a pretty big headquarters in TX, they claim that to be the national headquarters and some other cities nation wide.

Jasper, AR

#6 Feb 4, 2013
Well if you want to live with them so bad move further down south. I have lived all over. There are good black people and there are trashy white people. But you try to increase the black population and it will destroy a town. Ive seen this first hand. I used to live in northern Louisiana in a fairly nice town. I recently visited the town and it is run down with blacks. The town is a shell of its former self. I love this town the way it is. Unless you want more crime and deaths move down south. That shit is unwanted here.
Go Back to Chicago

Harrison, AR

#7 Feb 8, 2013
Jeff didnt have enough money to stand out in Chicago so he moved here where it is easier. Now he wants to bring all the crap from there that we dont want. Thats why we live here. You know things like rape murder home invasions. If you love it so much move back dont bring it here......freaking idiot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Anonymous

Micronesia, Federated States of

#8 Feb 14, 2013
I hope he can do it. The actions our grand-parents and great-grand-parents was not right. Hope the times have changed enough to allow for a little diversity in Harrison.
Harold

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Feb 19, 2013
Easy way to do that is Close Harrison hate Topix and let the Racist go elsewhere to post their crap.
Jim

Hattiesburg, MS

#14 Jun 22, 2013
How did this guy get elected mayor of Harrison in the first place. Seems like he had help from the Feds. Personally if I don't like a community or City I just don't go there. Why doesn't he move to Harlem and try to bring diversity there.

United States

#15 Jun 23, 2013
Jim wrote:
Why doesn't he move to Harlem and try to bring diversity there.
LMFAO!
Bubba Leroy Artifus Jones

United States

#16 Jun 23, 2013
The Mayor of Harrison needs to be BOUNCED next election, he has lost touch with what the citizens of Harrison need and deserve.
Aaron J

Russellville, AR

#20 Jun 26, 2013
Crockett is exactly what Harrison needs. Wish he could be the mayor there for a very long time.
Kathy Fulkerson

Sheridan, AR

#22 Aug 26, 2013
Aaron J wrote:
Crockett is exactly what Harrison needs. Wish he could be the mayor there for a very long time.
Sir, since you are not a Harrison resident. I don't think you have much of a leg to stand on. We don't make judgements of your mayor, good or bad,,, This mayor doing well or not is for those of us who live and vote in Harrison to decide... just saying
Kathy Fulkerson

Sheridan, AR

#23 Aug 26, 2013
11truthseeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Mister Crockett, why don't you just use your real name. No need to hide behind the pen name: Jones.
LMFAO!
As to you mr.. truthseeker.. you are a fine one to talk about someone hiding behind a false name.. As I don't see your real name on this and to make it even more unbelievable to me.. you hide your location. Why don't you man up and let others know who you are and where you are coming from.. I have read several of your ramblings on here and let me tell you, You sound ridiculous and argumentive...
Blanche Femme

Justin, TX

#26 Oct 21, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
So do you all like Harrison sort of like it is or are you all wanting it to become more like Chicago Detroit Memphis Watts CA New Orleans & the like ?
I'd rather be Black & live down the street from the KKK than be White & live down the street from gangs in any of those cities I mentioned .
Now lets see how many of you all move to a big rat infested city & take the mayor with you .
None of them would move to those cities because they know what they would face if they did ; rape, theft murder etc,. They are spineless hypocrites.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Smith College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islamic Feminism Splits Muslim CommunityBy Shah... Sep '14 Joe 2
Think Progress to Fox News's Roger Ailes: Drop ... Aug '14 i agree 1
Nigeria in the eyes of Babs Omotowa (May '14) May '14 Otondo 2
As college students walk, speakers walk away (May '14) May '14 ROSENBERG 1
Smith College Students Continue Fight Over"Disc... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Muscles28079 1
Reincarnation, nirvana and the body electric: I... (Jan '14) Jan '14 susanblange 2
Housing (Nov '13) Nov '13 JNovak 1

Smith College People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE