Ala. governor apologizes for remarks ...

Ala. governor apologizes for remarks on Christians

There are 4 comments on the Topeka Capital-Journal story from Jan 19, 2011, titled Ala. governor apologizes for remarks on Christians. In it, Topeka Capital-Journal reports that:

Two days after being sworn in as Alabama governor, Robert Bentley apologized Wednesday for proclaiming to a Baptist church audience that only Christians were his brothers and sisters and vowed to work for people of all faiths and colors.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Topeka Capital-Journal.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#1 Jan 19, 2011
Gotta love these republicans. Drunk with power they show their true colors, then two days later issue a retraction.

I'm a gay man who identifies as a christian. I wonder how comfortable he'd be breaking bread with me!

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#2 Jan 20, 2011
Only in Alabama can the Klan openly
hold a pancake breakfast.....

Since: Oct 10

Ridgeland, MS

#3 Jan 20, 2011
I lost respect for him when he retracted his statement. As a Christian only fellow believers can be your brother or sister in Christ.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#4 Jan 20, 2011
DLMAY81 wrote:
I lost respect for him when he retracted his statement. As a Christian only fellow believers can be your brother or sister in Christ.
And you are welcome to your belief. I heard a sermon a few weeks ago where John 3:16 and 3:17 were discussed. The pastor pointed out that it doesn't say "Christians", "Catholics", "Jews", the righteous, sinners, gay or straight. It says God loved the world enough to sacrifice his son. The world, not just parts of it. And that sacrifice wasn't so that we could judge others, but that through that sacrifice, the world, not just a select few, would have eternal life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Samford University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trudy Cathy White: Daughter of Chick-fil-A foun... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Road Warrior 2
News A female presidential candidate offers encourag... (Jul '16) Jul '16 ThomasA 2
News Higher education affordability group taps Tupel... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Debt 1
News Revisiting history: Attorneys to reenact landma... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Anonymous 1
News Howell hanging up robe after 24 years (Dec '13) Dec '13 Appointment 4
News South African official in Birmingham to boost t... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Dr william 1
News Nat'l Cathedral renews, not ends, same-sex debate (Jan '13) Jan '13 Joe DeCaro 1
More from around the web