Obama starts Florida bus tour

Obama starts Florida bus tour

There are 128 comments on the USA Today story from Sep 8, 2012, titled Obama starts Florida bus tour. In it, USA Today reports that:

SEMINOLE, Fla.-President Obama kicked off a two-day bus tour in Florida this morning by making his case to voters in the heart of central Florida's Interstate 4 corridor, an area that helped propel him to victory in the state in 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
realist

Greensboro, NC

#140 Sep 10, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Post..
Thanks, reading and the comprehension of history should be one of the major studies from grammar school thru college. Every student should be required to dissect the logic and results of every leader that was involved in every world changing event. If this would be required, a person such as Obama would never be on the worlds' stage since he would be shown as simply a carbon copy of others that sounded good but were without any substance.
There is nothing new under the sun, but there are too many that promote through ignorance and for their own enrichment, systems that will always fail.

“Allcladrad”

Since: Jan 10

Port Isabel, TX

#141 Sep 10, 2012
Elizabeth Warren says that the tax will hamper job growth in industry valued at over $100 billion in 2010, according to the Department of Commerce.

2.3% tax is part of Obamacare applied to medical device providers.

Interesting from several positions.

Medical device providers failed to endorse Obamacare and were taxed.

AMA and AARP blessed it and received rewards.

A Ds says tax hampers job growth.

Some still say that one party is better than the other.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#142 Sep 10, 2012
realist wrote:
<quoted text>Naw, I do not accept the results of any poll regardless of the results. To me, they are all designed to sway the sheep in a direction they want you to go. Americans do lie when it comes to polls. Why ? It is none of their damn business as to the direction I will vote.
Quote: "the majority of Americans tell the truth; if they didn't the polling organization would get (NOT) paid to do polls." Your comment makes no sense without the (NOT).
The only way for the pollsters to know if Americans lied about their preferences is when the actual voting results are in. Check past presidental elections results and then check the polling prior to the election. Bingo ! The results are in: People definitely lied to the pollsters.
Actually most of the polls are pretty accurate each year. That's the ONLY reason people pay polling oganizations. Who would pay if the polls were fairly accurate?

For example- final 2008 poll results: Obama 52.9% McCain 45.6%
2008 election results: Obama 52.1% McCain 44.5%

I'd say that's pretty accurate.

“Allcladrad”

Since: Jan 10

Port Isabel, TX

#143 Sep 10, 2012
We,
Not really a point, but exit polls do stand a better chance than pre voting polls.

Then look at the numbers of those polled recently, the highest was around 1500. 170,000,000 voters.

Then remember that voting guesstimates while voting have be banned, some bright sole figured out that early results influenced voters.

So there is some truth in the suggestive power of polls. If polls are as corrupt as 'fact checkers' are fast becoming then they too will become worthless or worse.

CBS mistakenly calls Ryan a liar and their poll shows Obama ahead. How do you handle that?

The same happens to Ds, my point is elections represent trillions of dollars, why would one party be any more or less culpable than the other.
realist

Greensboro, NC

#144 Sep 10, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually most of the polls are pretty accurate each year. That's the ONLY reason people pay polling oganizations. Who would pay if the polls were fairly accurate?
For example- final 2008 poll results: Obama 52.9% McCain 45.6%
2008 election results: Obama 52.1% McCain 44.5%
I'd say that's pretty accurate.
For every fairly accurate poll closely matching voting results, there are at least three that missed by a mile. Yes, there are some polls that are more accurate than others but for the most part, the party that is PAYING for the poll usually receives what they are paying for in DESIRED results.

Tawas City, Michigan

#145 Sep 10, 2012
realist wrote:
<quoted text>For every fairly accurate poll closely matching voting results, there are at least three that missed by a mile. Yes, there are some polls that are more accurate than others but for the most part, the party that is PAYING for the poll usually receives what they are paying for in DESIRED results.
The number I posted was the average polling results of all the major polling organizations.

Of course there are some that will be way out there on both sides, but nearly all the reputable polling organizations were spot on last time around.

Here's a clue-

The losing team ALWAYS claims the polls are wrong; ALWAYS. At least until the election proves they were right......
realist

Greensboro, NC

#146 Sep 11, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The number I posted was the average polling results of all the major polling organizations.
Of course there are some that will be way out there on both sides, but nearly all the reputable polling organizations were spot on last time around.
Here's a clue-
The losing team ALWAYS claims the polls are wrong; ALWAYS. At least until the election proves they were right......
Last time around maybe but the past has numerous examples of polling being 180 degress off. Those numbers in those years definitely were meant to influence fence sitters to be on the winning side. Reagan polling numbers were so far off the chart that no one thought that he had a chance to be elected, then the shoe was dropped on the pollsters. The American voter has been played as saps before, but they are now wising up to the techniques of both parties.
To me if FACTS were presented in a manner where they are understandable by the less intelligent and less educated, greed and hate could possibly be less of a factor in all elections. I cannot conceive of a population voting for increasing a nations debt at the expense of future generations lifestyles. Not understanding what the results of not having balance budgets will be..etc,etc.

Tawas City, Michigan

#148 Sep 11, 2012
realist wrote:
<quoted text>Last time around maybe but the past has numerous examples of polling being 180 degress off. Those numbers in those years definitely were meant to influence fence sitters to be on the winning side. Reagan polling numbers were so far off the chart that no one thought that he had a chance to be elected, then the shoe was dropped on the pollsters. The American voter has been played as saps before, but they are now wising up to the techniques of both parties.
To me if FACTS were presented in a manner where they are understandable by the less intelligent and less educated, greed and hate could possibly be less of a factor in all elections. I cannot conceive of a population voting for increasing a nations debt at the expense of future generations lifestyles. Not understanding what the results of not having balance budgets will be..etc,etc.
The current population mostly thinks about the current population's lifestyle, NOT future generation's lifestyles.

WeTheSheeple are a mostly a self-centered bunch. They care about what taxes they have to pay TODAY.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saint Petersburg College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pinellas education news: Pinellas students boos... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Pinellas Hot Itch... 2
News Legislature to take up tuition for children of ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 ronnie 5
News Patrick Smith's son to present program about hi... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Virginia Adams 1
News Businesses Claim Obamacare Has Forced Them To C... (Aug '13) Aug '13 DC Cop 1
Victim rights awards (Oct '12) Oct '12 Mom 1
Embezzlement (Oct '12) Oct '12 Mom 1
earn extra income with motor clubs of america!!... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Lolita Dunlap 1
More from around the web