Man Arrested For Beating His Parents In Poplar Bluff

Jan 16, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KAIT-TV Jonesboro

Poplar Bluff - This morning, a man is behind bars after police say he attacked his own parents with a metal bat in Poplar Bluff.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

malicious diff than involentary
News Watcher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

guest wrote:
malicious diff than involentary
Didn't quite understand what you were trying to say. Please explain.....Thanks
Curious Observer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

He is charged with two counts of 1st degree domestic assault and two counts of armed criminal action. The assault charges are Felony A which carry the potential punishment of not less than ten years and not to exceed thirty years, or life imprisonment.

In any case, if (when) convicted this POS is going away for a long time.
Tirah

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Gonna Be charged with murdering his father.

Folks wake up and see what drugs will eventually do to you and your family. I can't imagine letting something take over my life like that.

Those who choose to do drugs, your family doesn't have to accept your decision to use. I have seen many children and parents watch their loved ones choose drugs over family and it's a shame to see. Get help, clean up and get your life together......it's not too late. Don't follow this guy that will be locked up the rest of his life and when he gets sober he will regret what he has done.
family

Dexter, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

actually the charges have changed to a more severe offense.. my uncle hasnt past away yet also..
A louse

Lebanon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

It will be murder charges now. I was with my uncle today when he passes away
hurt relative

Cordova, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

I know its time for prayer...we need not only pray for our family thats alive...but special prayer for the ones that are not saved as well as the one that has taken the life of a very special beloved person....I am satisfied that Jesus has a place for him in his heaven...i am so hurt to lose a relative i have known all his life...I can only hope that we that are left in pain can learn a lesson and react to prevent and intervene before anything like this happens again.....God bless everybody.
Tirah

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

My heart goes out to your family. Having to deal with such tragedy is hard enough, but when a family member...someone you love does this it is worse.
May God Bless you and your family during this difficult time.
juicy lucy

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Did they ever say if Matt was high when he did this? Sounds like case of the bath salts.

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Don is NOT dead!!!! Please quit spreading false rumors!!!!!! He's off the ventilator and is responding. He spoke a few words to me just a few minutes ago!!!
family

Dexter, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

my uncle did pass away..

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

family wrote:
my uncle did pass away..
Quit spreading lies. If he would have passed it would be in the paper and on the news. I checked all the area funeral homes... No Don Jenkins!

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit spreading lies. If he would have passed it would be in the paper and on the news. I checked all the area funeral homes... No Don Jenkins!
don did in fact pass away,im a family member and i know for a fact he did....my grandma told my dad! and just because its not in the paper doesnt mean its not true
seriously

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Stop being an ass. Whether or not it was in the news, it's the truth. Want proof?

Go here: https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searc...

Click on the case, then click on "Charges, Judgments, & Sentences"

There you will see the charges against Matt. You don't exactly get a 2nd degree murder charge if the person you're accused of murdering is still alive.
Sadly It Is True

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Unfortunately it is true. 02/01/2013 Amended complaint filed to include charge of Murder 2nd Degree {Felony A RSMo: 565.021}
Singing girl

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text> don did in fact pass away,im a family member and i know for a fact he did....my grandma told my dad! and just because its not in the paper doesnt mean its not true
wuz his stupid azz cremated or berried
A louse

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Singing girl ......you have no respect! May God have mercy on your soul.
who knows

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

you will be missed don prayers going put to the family such a tragedy.
A louse

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Thank you "guest" that remark hurt so bad!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Saint Louis University Discussions

Search the Saint Louis University Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Better Business Bureau to open office in Cape G... Jun 27 steven 5
Two from Laurel Honored By PGCC (Feb '09) Mar '14 Daughter 2
Pioneers of Contemporary Liturgical Music Reuni... (Mar '13) Feb '14 Anonymous 2
MO 2nd Amnd Preservation Act decried by man who... Feb '14 2ndAmRight 25
State Senator wants background checks for healt... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Judy Cossins 1
NYC top cop Kelly shouted down at Brown University (Nov '13) Nov '13 liberal scumbag 1
Israel announces east Jerusalem building project (Oct '13) Oct '13 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••