Scholars question Palin credentials

Scholars question Palin credentials

There are 2027 comments on the www.politico.com story from Aug 30, 2008, titled Scholars question Palin credentials. In it, www.politico.com reports that:

Presidential scholars say she appears to be the least experienced, least credentialed person to join a major-party ticket in the modern era.

So unconventional was McCain’s choice that it left students of the presidency literally “stunned,” in the words of Joel Goldstein, a St. Louis University law professor and scholar of the vice presidency. Corrected to use Politico Link ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.politico.com.

First Prev
of 102
Next Last
Johnny

Bemidji, MN

#2200 Oct 19, 2008
NVN777 wrote:
Palin is a disgraced to humanity.
She certainly is too all the big mouth NOW ladies. Even Hillary couldn't get the Dems to promote a woman this time. Big disgrace for the NOW crew. GO McCain - Palin
San Fran

Stockton, CA

#2201 Oct 19, 2008
balerick42 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have a problem with having a basic safety net to keep people off the streets and fed.
I realize the conversation is not exactly about the social safety net, but I thought you might find the following article interesting. It concerns how the providers of socialized medicine take care of their own.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/po...
another scholar

AOL

#2202 Nov 9, 2008
I am a "scholar" as well. I have two Ph.D.s from major research universities, and I have been a professor for the past 15 years, with the requisite publications and recognition by my peers. Most of the people in academia are very, VERY liberal in their politics, many openly wishing that we were a Marxist culture. I have been called an "idiot" and a "stupid Jew" by several colleagues during political discussions ... all because I am a Republican.

I find it fascinating that this article makes no mention that President-Elect Obama is similarly the least experienced/qualified person ever elected as president. Where were the "scholars" saying that Obama was/is similarly inexperienced? Whether you do or don't like Gov. Palin, I would challenge anyone to explain how Sen. Obama has any more experience than Gov. Palin. In fact, most of my colleagues quite readily admit it; they just don't care. Gov. Palin was certainly "handled" inappropriately by the McCain staff. Even now, we see stories from "anonymous" sources discussing the campaign. Since when have major news outlets used "anonymous" sources for political stories? What would happen if she were MALE, from the south, and sources called HIM one of "The Beverly Hillbillies"? Would there be outrage? Where were the feminist scholars praising Palin¬ódisagreeing with her politics, but praising her as making history had she been elected? I hope that Barack Obama is a fantastic president. All I ask for is what is supposed to happen in academia and the mainstream press: fair, impartial, unbiased information.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#2203 Nov 10, 2008
Obama is a legal scholar. No training necessary.
Obama is ambitious. Poverty to President.
Obama is a hard worker. No 900 vacation days for him
Obama makes thoughtful decisions. Level head.
Obama organized the most successful campaign
in US HISTORY. He didn't have experience running
a Presidential campaign before, did he?
McCain had oodles of experience. He ran his campaign like a novice.
Bush has 8 years executive experience. How did that work out?

Get back to us with a more substantive argument, Professor. Experience is only one qualification and apparently after our wretched 8 years of torture by Bush, it's very low on our list.

Time for change.
San Fran

Stockton, CA

#2204 Nov 10, 2008
another scholar wrote:
I am a "scholar" as well. I have two Ph.D.s from major research universities, and I have been a professor for the past 15 years, with the requisite publications and recognition by my peers. Most of the people in academia are very, VERY liberal in their politics, many openly wishing that we were a Marxist culture. I have been called an "idiot" and a "stupid Jew" by several colleagues during political discussions ... all because I am a Republican.
I find it fascinating that this article makes no mention that President-Elect Obama is similarly the least experienced/qualified person ever elected as president. Where were the "scholars" saying that Obama was/is similarly inexperienced? Whether you do or don't like Gov. Palin, I would challenge anyone to explain how Sen. Obama has any more experience than Gov. Palin. In fact, most of my colleagues quite readily admit it; they just don't care. Gov. Palin was certainly "handled" inappropriately by the McCain staff. Even now, we see stories from "anonymous" sources discussing the campaign. Since when have major news outlets used "anonymous" sources for political stories? What would happen if she were MALE, from the south, and sources called HIM one of "The Beverly Hillbillies"? Would there be outrage? Where were the feminist scholars praising Palin¬ódisagreeing with her politics, but praising her as making history had she been elected? I hope that Barack Obama is a fantastic president. All I ask for is what is supposed to happen in academia and the mainstream press: fair, impartial, unbiased information.
Being a Republican at a university must mean you suffer a lot from the liberals.

Previously in this thread some one pointed out that the "Scholars" in the article are all of the same political persuasion. They make no effort to be scholarly, fair, impartial, unbiased. In other words its just another political hit piece.

Somewhere I either heard or read an interview with a feminist who was asked why the feminists hated Palin. I recall her response was, "Because she (Palin) has it all. She has done everything we talk about, and we're jealous."

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#2205 Nov 10, 2008
San Fran wrote:
<quoted text>
Being a Republican at a university must mean you suffer a lot from the liberals.
Previously in this thread some one pointed out that the "Scholars" in the article are all of the same political persuasion. They make no effort to be scholarly, fair, impartial, unbiased. In other words its just another political hit piece.
Somewhere I either heard or read an interview with a feminist who was asked why the feminists hated Palin. I recall her response was, "Because she (Palin) has it all. She has done everything we talk about, and we're jealous."
The only thing I am jealous of is Palins hair. She's got great hair.

Other than that, Alaska and five kids sounds like hell on earth. I'll stay in sunny Fla and suffer through with my hot hubby, 2 kids and a career I love.

Women are traditionally jealous beasts. Funny how men capitalize on that and women seem clueless to it. Bravo for the neanderthals.
Washington DC

Washington, DC

#2206 Nov 10, 2008
Why? It a total waste of time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 102
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saint Louis University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Does Juli n Castro Have the Chops to be Veep? Jun '16 truth 1
News Understanding reproductive health choices in lo... Apr '16 Jane Lucy Marie 1
News Developer plans Midtown St. Louis project (Jan '16) Jan '16 Chuck 1
News Michelle Malkin: If you can't make it, fake it (Jun '15) Jun '15 wild child 1
News The Creepy Consequences of Oppression Chic (Jun '15) Jun '15 Oh No You Di-nt 1
Rape Arrest On Slu Campus / It's All Ways Been... (Feb '15) Feb '15 American_Sons 2
St. Louis University To Erect Monument To Fergu... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Sharon P 1
More from around the web