Catholics are among those troubled by the church's 'shunning'

Sep 25, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Des Moines Register

In an incident reminiscent of what happened in Des Moines recently, Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist Ellen Goodman was disinvited last week from giving a speech on civility at St.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of75
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 25, 2011
 

Judged:

1

ANd again it appears that there is two sides to the issue of whether there is a hard and fast rule.. Hmm I guess the bigots will be yelling for joy.. And yet I am still left with this thought.. there is no clear "tradition" just what people want to read in to the churches antichoice stance.

Note the woman in question was not being threatened with being excommunicated.. You would think that would be next. After she did/does work for Planned Parenthood.

“Blah Blah Blah”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 25, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

The Catholic Church is is doing itself no favors by censuring people who are invited to speak on other topics because of their pro-choice stance.

Many Catholics are against illegal immigration, why aren't they being silenced?

I hope that Catholics seriously begin to question what the RCC does not want them to know. They may be surprised at what they find.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 28, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Suckeyes wrote:
The Catholic Church is is doing itself no favors by censuring people who are invited to speak on other topics because of their pro-choice stance.
I disagree with you. Would you invite an enemy into your house to destroy it?

I agree with the Catholics on this one. They should stand their ground on their teachings.

“Blah Blah Blah”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 28, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

VozRazon wrote:
I disagree with you. Would you invite an enemy into your house to destroy it?
I agree with the Catholics on this one. They should stand their ground on their teachings.
I would agree with their stance if they applied all their regulations consistently to all who oppose certain aspects of the Catholic teachings.

Just because I may disagree with someone regarding religion, does not mean that they may not be qualified to speak on a different topic. However, that is much different than an 'enemy'. What would be destroyed by having this speaker give her presentation?
little Jimmy

Highmore, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 1, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

2

VozRazon wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with you. Would you invite an enemy into your house to destroy it?
I agree with the Catholics on this one. They should stand their ground on their teachings.
their teachings? this albatross that has been around mankind's neck for way too long ..it is a thing that is of no earthly good to anybody, it needs to be harassed out of existence ..wake the truck up!!!!
Jaimie

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 1, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

VozRazon wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with you. Would you invite an enemy into your house to destroy it?
I agree with the Catholics on this one. They should stand their ground on their teachings.
And the older geration is breeching its last days of judgement and chaos and death is amonst all boomers and their children, as their Parents and Grandparents Church Ordinences are upon their death for their offsprings life misconducts.

Horrible time in history when the generations pass. And are in pain for your misconduct. Bad brainwashing system in Madison Wisconsin. Then they have the zip code ordinences as well, and family ordinence, its all messed up here.

And harrassment and excummunication YOU HAVE A CREDIT CARD THEIF and embesselment, your crimes stand far worse then immorality of her own virtue.

Since: Nov 10

Breckenridge Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 1, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

VozRazon wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with you. Would you invite an enemy into your house to destroy it?
I agree with the Catholics on this one. They should stand their ground on their teachings.
Yes we should. These pro abort posters do not understand that we think that abortion rights is the most evil thing , as evil as the devil . We will not disrespect Christ by having a pro choice advocate speak .

“Jesus, my Lord and my God.”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 1, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Suckeyes wrote:
The Catholic Church is is doing itself no favors by censuring people who are invited to speak on other topics because of their pro-choice stance.
Many Catholics are against illegal immigration, why aren't they being silenced?
I hope that Catholics seriously begin to question what the RCC does not want them to know. They may be surprised at what they find.
Once an abortion takes place, the baby can't be brought back again. Abortion is murder, it's that simple. One doesn't have to believe in God to see that. They just have to have common sense and be a caring person.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 1, 2011
 

Judged:

1

MichelleMC wrote:
<quoted text>
Once an abortion takes place, the baby can't be brought back again. Abortion is murder, it's that simple. One doesn't have to believe in God to see that. They just have to have common sense and be a caring person.
know there is no baby.. that is more of the same emotional bullshyt you anti choice fools employ..

The fact is that any medical procedure with only few exception can not be reversed. By you "logic" any one going into have their appendix removed. Because once it is done. One can never have it back..
paul SHYKORA arts

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 2, 2011
 
..well it must change it's ways,here....eh..
What Freedom use to be

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 8, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

"Take Time Understand "The Conger" against Liberty"
__________

“Written links,of Communication, throughout “History”. Prove,“Their Self ”.“Proven” & “Establish”, their being, of this Existance…

“Spiritual in Communications” & “Spirital being of Existance”.

Our Largest and most powerful **“Creatures of Statute”, Dominate,“All “GOD” Created”.

Every minute, of everyday.“Our experiences create…

“Body”“Mind” & “Sole”.(Each “One” of “Us”.)“Individually. Combining experiences”.

Definitions:
“Creature(s) of Statute”:
Corporations are,“Creatures of Statute”.“Entities”. Corporation derives from “Corpus” a “Latin Term” for “Body” or “Body of People”. Carrying on “Business”,(as in Accent “Rome”).

“Creatures” which can be “Restrained”.“Recognized” by “Law”, as “Not being & Not Human”. Considered “Immortal”. Can only “Die” by “Dissolution” & absorption.“Posses’“A”(being “of One), legal personality”.

“GOD” created “All Creatures”. The “god” of This Kingdom,(Earth) also “Creates Creatures”. As “You can, Understand”,“It “IS” IDENTIFIED”…

__________
GENESSIS 1-1 :
In the “beginning GOD created the Heaven and the Earth”.
__________

.

What Freedom use to be

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 8, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

VozRazon wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with you. Would you invite an enemy into your house to destroy it?
I agree with the Catholics on this one. They should stand their ground on their teachings.
Clueles are those, "who precive them selves" as follwers of "Jeasus Christ". Twisted are their MINDS. Bent are their proception of this gift of Life.

This moment in time stirs a CONGER, which allows a"Creature" to pentrate the garden ( the mind & sole) of all humankind. Allowing minds preception to justify "MURDER".

Over five million babies are murdered every year in AMERICA. PROVEN FACT. WHICH CAN BE RESEARCHED.

If this alone is not an "ATTACK ON FREEDOM" IN AMERICA, then there has never been any attacks on America, EVER...

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 8, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

And more bullshyt... Nothing new. Just the same crap that is all belief and no facts from the antichoice religious nut cases..
What Freedom use to be

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 8, 2011
 
Lets analize "FACTS". Gogle Search for data.
Here is the question:
__________

How many "Abortions" are completed on an annual basis in the World ?
__________

This World.(Planet "EARTH").
What Freedom use to be

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 9, 2011
 
What Freedom use to be wrote:
<quoted text>
Clueles are those, "who precive them selves" as follwers of "Jeasus Christ". Twisted are their MINDS. Bent are their proception of this gift of Life.
This moment in time stirs a CONGER, which allows a"Creature" to pentrate the garden ( the mind & sole) of all humankind. Allowing minds preception to justify "MURDER".
Over five million babies are murdered every year in AMERICA. PROVEN FACT. WHICH CAN BE RESEARCHED.
If this alone is not an "ATTACK ON FREEDOM" IN AMERICA, then there has never been any attacks on America, EVER...
I checked I need to revise my "FACTS".

Each year 46 million abortions worldwide: Catholic Church
Ironically, the Catholic Church and other religious institutions around the world constitute the main cause for 46 million abortions performed planet-wide each year.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 9, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Colorado 4 life wrote:
<quoted text> Yes we should. These pro abort posters do not understand that we think that abortion rights is the most evil thing , as evil as the devil . We will not disrespect Christ by having a pro choice advocate speak .
Do you actually think Jesus didn't listen to people who thought differently from him? Are you crazy? Jesus seemed strong in his opinions but I doubt he censored or silenced people. Confident people don't feel the need to muzzle others or are afraid to at least listen. He probably listened and heard what others had to say and then used eloquence and common sense to try and persuade them to his POV. Something you are completely ill-equipped to do yourself.

These redundant fire-and-brimstone rantings about evil and the devil only serve to make you look insane. The intelligent thing to do would be to listen to what she had to say and allow the people to think about it for themselves. Nobody was requiring the listeners to agree with her POV. The fear people like you live in must be crippling!

Since: Nov 10

Breckenridge Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 9, 2011
 
Long Night Moon wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you actually think Jesus didn't listen to people who thought differently from him? Are you crazy? Jesus seemed strong in his opinions but I doubt he censored or silenced people. Confident people don't feel the need to muzzle others or are afraid to at least listen. He probably listened and heard what others had to say and then used eloquence and common sense to try and persuade them to his POV. Something you are completely ill-equipped to do yourself.
These redundant fire-and-brimstone rantings about evil and the devil only serve to make you look insane. The intelligent thing to do would be to listen to what she had to say and allow the people to think about it for themselves. Nobody was requiring the listeners to agree with her POV. The fear people like you live in must be crippling!
Jesus would have never supported the killing of a pre born child, Nor any advocate. People forget, Christ had followers that committed terrible sins, but theose people GAVE UP their lifestyle to follow Christ.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 9, 2011
 

Judged:

1

kathwynn wrote:
ANd again it appears that there is two sides to the issue of whether there is a hard and fast rule.. Hmm I guess the bigots will be yelling for joy.. And yet I am still left with this thought.. there is no clear "tradition" just what people want to read in to the churches antichoice stance.
Note the woman in question was not being threatened with being excommunicated.. You would think that would be next. After she did/does work for Planned Parenthood.
I am pro-life;and,do not support abortion.However,I support 100% the right of choice for every woman;and,the need for clinics to perform safe procedures when necessary.ONLY the woman has the right to control her reproductive functions.My position is not contradictory;human existence is contradictory;with women always getting the 'short end of the stick.'NO,to me,abortion is not the same as murder.A male interviewer in NYC recently said it best:"Abortion is nothing more than a control mechanism used by men to demean women."[as if women need more demeaning,esp by the alpha male?].

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 9, 2011
 
The Roman Catholic Church is as old or older than Communism.
Both have seen better days. All churches should stay out of politics and people's business. So should communists. The Church should sit quietly and help the people that want help and guidence from it and leave the rest alone. Same goes for the communists. Both the church and communists should be separated from government.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 9, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Colorado 4 life wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus would have never supported the killing of a pre born child, Nor any advocate. People forget, Christ had followers that committed terrible sins, but theose people GAVE UP their lifestyle to follow Christ.
That wasn't my point at all. Not even close. Go back and try to actually comprehend what I wrote.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of75
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Saint Francis University Discussions

Search the Saint Francis University Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Pennsylvania: accused Franciscan friar commits ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Fictional Shamed at 10 1
Eagles coach Andy Reid's oldest son found dead (Aug '12) Aug '12 sean 1
Some Shady History for Marked Tree (Aug '08) Apr '10 shadst83 7
•••
•••
•••
•••